Was only a matter of time..

Chat about anything football related here!
thomasswe

Re: Was only a matter of time..

Post by thomasswe »

Im gonna keep hoping they stay next season until i see any transfered confirmed.

good stikers and holdning central midfielders are rare and i doubt we'd find adequate replacements or the same caliber. Fact is we currently deploy one of the best homdong midfielders and one of the best box-to-box midfielders this season.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

OZHAMMER wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:25 am
Ibbyham wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:32 am Selling Rio Ferdinand, Frank Lampard, Joe Cole, Mike Carrick and Jermaine Defoe were the hardest destroyed our club chance of top 5 and having to wait almost 20 years to have an excellent crop of players to biult our club stronger to fight for top 6 is never easy. Selling Rice. Soucek and Coufal would destroyed our chance, only chance of top 6 that is so hard to achieve and if those 3 gone, how long we have to wait for another good 3 to 4 top players to come to West Ham.......

1960s - Moore, Hurst, Peters & Brooking

1970s - None

1980s - Parkes, Bonds, Cottee & Devonshire

1990s - Ferdinand, Lampard & Cole

2000s - None

2010s None

2020s - Rice, Soucek & Coufal

Need to go to Europe to keep those 3 here and start building up strength in Depth in Midfielders 1 or 2 for cover with Rice & Soucek, 2 strikers, Attacking Midfielder Lingard to be permanent here and LB
I’m resigned to the fact that Rice will almost certainly go at some point, and Soucek is likely to leave as well if he continues this form.

1970s was only Brooking that shines with Lampard and Bonds did well.

All we hope to keep Rice and Soucek if we go to Champions League/Europa Cup next season and need to keep West Ham in top 6 or 7 but it is a very tough asked as I am fully expected Arsenal to start climbing back next season. IF both Rice and Soucek gone, we need a replacement that has the SAME calibre, NOT like we did in 2000 when we brought Winterburn, Dailly, Soma, Rigobert Song to replace Ferdinand and Lampard.
As for the 70’s, I’m not convinced ‘none’ is the correct call.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Let’s see if we get to the CL first - we are one of seven reasonable chances vying for the two remaining positions.

Cart and horse.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Ibbyham wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:32 am Selling Rio Ferdinand, Frank Lampard, Joe Cole, Mike Carrick and Jermaine Defoe were the hardest destroyed our club chance of top 5 and having to wait almost 20 years to have an excellent crop of players to biult our club stronger to fight for top 6 is never easy. Selling Rice. Soucek and Coufal would destroyed our chance, only chance of top 6 that is so hard to achieve and if those 3 gone, how long we have to wait for another good 3 to 4 top players to come to West Ham.......

1960s - Moore, Hurst, Peters & Brooking

1970s - None

1980s - Parkes, Bonds, Cottee & Devonshire

1990s - Ferdinand, Lampard & Cole

2000s - None

2010s None

2020s - Rice, Soucek & Coufal

Need to go to Europe to keep those 3 here and start building up strength in Depth in Midfielders 1 or 2 for cover with Rice & Soucek, 2 strikers, Attacking Midfielder Lingard to be permanent here and LB
I’m resigned to the fact that Rice will almost certainly go at some point, and Soucek is likely to leave as well if he continues this form.

You learn something new every day...Bonds and Devonshire joined us in the 1980s😂

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:46 pm

You learn something new every day...Bonds and Devonshire joined us in the 1980s😂
I think Ibbs is giving the decade that they were most prominent, which is subjective. Certainly not referring to when they joined.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

OZHAMMER wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:53 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:46 pm
I think Ibbs is giving the decade that they were most prominent, which is subjective. Certainly not referring to when they joined.
I would says Bonds was prominent in the 1970s.

He played has a swashbuckling midfielder for the majority of it and then dropped back to centre back.

palerider

Post by palerider »

The Manchester Evening News ran a piece about Rice asking Shaw and slabhead about the club while on England duty.

There'll be loads of stories like this in the coming months. It could and probably is just some Manc hack stirring the pot. But I'm getting bored of it all along with the Lingard situation tbh.

What will be will be.

dorsetdano

Post by dorsetdano »

palerider wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:48 am The Manchester Evening News ran a piece about Rice asking Shaw and slabhead about the club while on England duty.

There'll be loads of stories like this in the coming months. It could and probably is just some Manc hack stirring the pot. But I'm getting bored of it all along with the Lingard situation tbh.

What will be will be.
Nowadays to a major extent it's what the player wants that drives transfers, more than what the clubs want, and also by agents desires to make money. Whilst agents make money from players normally, when they really make money is at transfer time,

There has been speculation about Rice leaving in the press every couple of weeks for the last 3 years and nothing has happened. He'll stay here as long as it suits him and particularly while we're doing well. We start doing badly and it affects his chances of keeping his England place and he'll be off. At the moment Rice is one of the first names on Southgate's team sheet and if we get a Champions League place, I think he'll almost certainly stay.