Rejoice

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Rejoice

Post by palerider »

We're now mathematically safe.

The Shyster twins can plan for another season of lining their pockets.

Dwayne Pipes

Re: Rejoice

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Yaaaaaay .........time for the flip flops and beach towels.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Yep, time for a nice safe midtable finish so there's no lure of European football to keep Rice and Soucek interested in staying at the club. Sully's rubbing his hands and tallying the transfer fees in his head already.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

palerider

Post by palerider »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:18 am Yep, time for a nice safe midtable finish so there's no lure of European football to keep Rice and Soucek interested in staying at the club. Sully's rubbing his hands and tallying the transfer fees in his head already.
Without doubt Billy.

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

Whatever happens now - this has been a superb season in terms of results.

Cost me an absolute fortune at the bookies. Very un-west-ham-like

palerider

Post by palerider »

only1salty wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:17 am Whatever happens now - this has been a superb season in terms of results.

It has indeed. I don't gamble myself but often predict us losing on my Whatsapp group. The one time I said we'd win, we lost.

For the statos amongst us. Our 30th game last season was the first after the restart. And coincidentally against Wolves. An abject 2-0 defeat at the ILS.

After that game, I for one saw no other outcome but relegation. If someone had said we'd now be in this position I'd have recommended psychiatric help and so stay away from the kitchen knives.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

This has been a surprisingly good season for us , and Moyes has to take a lot of the credit , especially having to work with such a limited squad ( though personally feel he could have expanded to include youth more and had a more adventurous attitude on the pitch when having the advantage of a decent score line to work with rather than sitting back and protecting it , lol .)
The seasons not over so long may the rejoicing continue , onwards and upwards hopefully , lol .

palerider

Post by palerider »

Clayton wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:31 am This has been a surprisingly good season for us , and Moyes has to take a lot of the credit , especially having to work with such a limited squad ( though personally feel he could have expanded to include youth more and had a more adventurous attitude on the pitch when having the advantage of a decent score line to work with rather than sitting back and protecting it , lol .)
The seasons not over so long may the rejoicing continue , onwards and upwards hopefully , lol .
If the injuries continue to mount up he'll have no option other than to turn to the yoof scheme.

I gather Coventry is worth seeing.

The player. Not the city. Which is a boring shit-hole.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

But didn't our Alf Ramsey, according to Newmarket ;) , say he was happy with our squad, meaning depth? Might be a bit of a tester for him. Who knows, he might find a Geoff Hurst as Greavesie gets injured. :D :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

h69

Post by h69 »

palerider wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:08 am
only1salty wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:17 am Whatever happens now - this has been a superb season in terms of results.

It has indeed. I don't gamble myself but often predict us losing on my Whatsapp group. The one time I said we'd win, we lost.

For the statos amongst us. Our 30th game last season was the first after the restart. And coincidentally against Wolves. An abject 2-0 defeat at the ILS.

After that game, I for one saw no other outcome but relegation. If someone had said we'd now be in this position I'd have recommended psychiatric help and so stay away from the kitchen knives.
That was pretty much when the team turned it round. We were pretty good at the end of last season as well.