Who would you have liked at WH

Chat about anything football related here!
dagenhamdave

Who would you have liked at WH

Post by dagenhamdave »

From who was available and actually moved, if we could afford them.
My top three would have been :-
Benteke 27M + addons
Williams 12M, still an execellent defender same money we got for Tonka.
Mohamed Diamé 5M bargain, would have had him back in a heartbeat.

All proven PL players on their day.

OZHAMMER

Re: Who would you have liked at WH

Post by OZHAMMER »

Diame? :shock:

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

I think he scored 10 goals last year in a dodgy Hull team, a good box to box player, most of all he breaks up the other teams attack, we have no one doing that now Song has left. Probably the reason Newcastle snapped him up?

How many of our midfielders are going to score many goals in open play?
I think his release clause was only 4.5M, less than a years wages for sicknote, and he plays most of the games as well.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

I recall him being injured quite often whilst with us Dave ?

I still would have wanted Batty boy here even now , though I'm happy with Calleri .
I just think that with the wop here he's not going to get a chance now and will be forever remembered for those 2 glaring misses.

Remember he hasn't even had a full game yet.

And Williams yes . In hindsight we need a centre half and I'm sad Tomkins is gone . He can't get in the Palace team so I bet he's gutted.
Bring back Jonathon !

Sofa

Post by Sofa »

I do like the look of nolito (sp)
I think negrado could have done a job too.

Gutted about tonka too.

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer »

James Tomkins. 10m

MitchFY66

Post by MitchFY66 »

10000000000000% agree with the Williams one. Him and Ogbonna would have been so solid; I said it before, and I'll say it again, we were actually in need of a new CB.
He's not the messiah! He's a very naughty boy!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

When DS announced in June that the club would be bringing in a marquee signing, I imagined a player of the stature of Edison Cavani,Carlos Tevez.

Simone Zaza and Andrew Ayew were quite a surprise I can tell you. And I bet both of them were surprised as well

Athers-32

Post by Athers-32 »

Samuel Umtiti - A while before Barcelona were courting him we were linked with Umtiti heavily, at only 22 years old he really looked a stand out prospect from what I'd seen of him at Lyon. It took the International stage at the Euros to show how calm, collected, versatile and how good of a player he actually was.

He looked a player who was years beyond his age with a couple of match winning performances, but it was in those games and the way he bossed Koscielny about and kept his back four in check that really caught my eye. Unfortunately now he'll learn from one of the best centre backs in the world in Pique, and in a few years become potentially, one of the most sought after CB's in the world.

Just a shame we couldn't go in for him sooner especially the way the defence has been so far this year.
https://www.sbnation.com/users/Tom%20At ... 1497970728" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Athers-32

Post by Athers-32 »

Gregory Van der Wiel, Nolito, Roberto Pererya, Joe Hart and one that might raise opinions - Idrissa Gueye from Villa that's gone to Everton. He was Villa's standout player last year and it's taken a good manager and a positive team environment to bring out the best in him and for only £7mil he looks a bargain.
https://www.sbnation.com/users/Tom%20At ... 1497970728" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;