Wolves vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: Wolves vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Clayton »

OZHAMMER wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:27 pm Great work Ibbs, as always.

Is it just me, or has Bowen’s contribution slipped a little? Still a starter for me, but only because there isn’t anyone else knocking on the door.
I would play Fredericks if fit .

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Clayton wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:29 pm
OZHAMMER wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:27 pm Great work Ibbs, as always.

Is it just me, or has Bowen’s contribution slipped a little? Still a starter for me, but only because there isn’t anyone else knocking on the door.
I would play Fredericks if fit .
Good call ,Bowen’s ruled out he’s got detention and 100 lines

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:35 pm Yesterday I was only called a cunt four times.
I'm nearly suicidal!
Try speaking to Mrs BB more than four times a day then

As to the topic at hand, Wolves are meh, 2-0 Irons, Lingardinho & Soucek

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Just hope that Fornals is back for this one.

A difficult game,but one where we have every chance of winning.

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

Neto & Traore running at our fbs worries me, their striker does not. Given this I would go with a back 3 to allow more speed out wide. Even think Diop could do a job, with his pace, on the right side of a 3, with Coufal at rwb, Dawson & Cress in the centre with Johnson or Arfur lwb,

I have nightmares about the one game we played when Rice & Soucek came back after 2/3 international matches in a week, (Newcastle in the opener) so hope that Moyes has a plan for this should fatigue rear it’s head.
#fuckqatar2022

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Hammertime wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:23 pm Neto & Traore running at our fbs worries me, their striker does not. Given this I would go with a back 3 to allow more speed out wide. Even think Diop could do a job, with his pace, on the right side of a 3, with Coufal at rwb, Dawson & Cress in the centre with Johnson or Arfur lwb,

I have nightmares about the one game we played when Rice & Soucek came back after 2/3 international matches in a week, (Newcastle in the opener) so hope that Moyes has a plan for this should fatigue rear it’s head.
Good point. Declan played all of two and Soucek played three ? and Coufal played 2-3. Jesse played the right amount one full game and two mins as a sub.

If Moyes starts Noble he would end up with three knackered midfield players in the second half. Therefore he won't do that,will he ?

I predicted 1-3 as I'm oblivious to international week although did watch all three England games. And I did think,these boys are going to be wrecked on Monday.

It looks very much that Fornals will still be unavailable and both Masuaku and Yarmolenko are nowhere near ready for inclusion.

My very bold prediction is Lanzini will feature for the reasons outlined. If David Moyes can avoild banjaxing the whole thing we have a chance...

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Hammertime wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:23 pm Neto & Traore running at our fbs worries me, their striker does not. Given this I would go with a back 3 to allow more speed out wide. Even think Diop could do a job, with his pace, on the right side of a 3, with Coufal at rwb, Dawson & Cress in the centre with Johnson or Arfur lwb,

Totally agreed with you, I preferred West Ham to do 5 4-1 in defensive turning to 3-4-3 in offensive......

Fabianski

Coufal
Diop
Dawson
Cresswell
Johnson (Masuaku still lacking match fitness)

Bowen/Benrahma
Rice
Soucek

Lingard

Antonio

Coufal and Johnson are capable of stopping Wolves 2 attacking wingers as Cresswell is not that quite good on LWB.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Ibbyham wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:21 pm

Totally agreed with you, I preferred West Ham to do 5 4-1 in defensive turning to 3-4-3 in offensive......

Fabianski

Coufal
Diop
Dawson
Cresswell
Johnson (Masuaku still lacking match fitness)

Bowen/Benrahma
Rice
Soucek

Lingard

Antonio

Coufal and Johnson are capable of stopping Wolves 2 attacking wingers as Cresswell is not that quite good on LWB.
So what’s it gonna be Ibbs ?

A back 4 where Cresswell is plenty good enough (as in your opening post) or a Back 5 (as above) where he isn’t ? :D
Bring back Jonathon !

dorsetdano

Post by dorsetdano »

I hope we don't worry about Traore too much, yes he is lightening fast; but this season he has had virtually zero product. Whether that's because he hasn't got Jimenez and Jotta in front of him or not I'm not sure. In more than 20 starts this season, he hasn't scored and has provided only 2 assists. I personally would play our strongest team and certainly wouldn't bring in Fredricks or play Benrahma. I'd start with Fornals, Lingard, Bowen and Antonio up front and leave the rest of the team untouched! Then Lanzini or Benrahma can come on as subs!

Down under mick

Post by Down under mick »

dorsetdano wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:23 am I hope we don't worry about Traore too much, yes he is lightening fast; but this season he has had virtually zero product. Whether that's because he hasn't got Jimenez and Jotta in front of him or not I'm not sure. In more than 20 starts this season, he hasn't scored and has provided only 2 assists. I personally would play our strongest team and certainly wouldn't bring in Fredricks or play Benrahma. I'd start with Fornals, Lingard, Bowen and Antonio up front and leave the rest of the team untouched! Then Lanzini or Benrahma can come on as subs!
Like it mate