Scott Parker---WTF

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Scott Parker---WTF

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:10 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:30 am Apparently a West Ham fan called George went on the airwaves last night demanding that Moyes be sacked and replaced immediately with either Brendan Rodgers or Scott Parker. He was nominated as one of the candidates for the station's "Numpty of The Day" award. Sadly we had arrived at Tescos before the result was announced so I shall never know if he was chosen as said numpty from the shortlist of 3.

Now I've never been a great fan of Rodgers, although he would make a good model for a toothpaste ad, but I get why some people rate the bloke. But Scott Parker FFS. This is the bloke whose team against Leeds last Monday had seven loan players in it. Hardly a blueprint for team development is it ? He is also the manager whose team has scored fewer goals in the PL than anyone apart from the two teams below them in the league.

I've also seen a few people singing his praises on forums like this. I think it was on KIMB where I saw someone describe him as a progressive young manager. I just don't get what he has done in his short managerial career that makes people believe he would do a better job than Moyes.
I thought you had a bit more class than that Whiskyman.

More class than what ?? You're not "George" are you ?? ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:15 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:10 pm

I thought you had a bit more class than that Whiskyman.

I think terry means he thought you had more class than listening to talk shite.

Personally I had you down as classical Fm guy. ;)
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:19 pm

I like Talk Sport. I didn't hear George "live" but thanks to Castiron we've all now had the benefit of his insightful views. But "George" and people like him make it good listening for me. :lol:

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Towie wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:19 pm

That`s exactly what I meant..Whiskyman losing his marbles :lol:

palerider

Post by palerider »

Judas tart can fuck off.

I wouldn't want him anywhere near the ILS.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:52 am Judas tart can fuck off.

Ah the memories. The dwarf proclaiming shortly after buying the club that the days of selling players to Spurs were over.

Tbh I couldn't care less that he left us for Spurs. But I do care about the fact his team have only scored 23 goals in 30 games and that his idea of building a team seems to involve borrowing players left right and centre which is hardly a good template for building a team.

Why anyone would see him as a viable alternative to Moyes completely beats me. As does the fact some people reckon Fulham play decent football.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:01 am

Ah the memories. The dwarf proclaiming shortly after buying the club that the days of selling players to Spurs were over.

Tbh I couldn't care less that he left us for Spurs. But I do care about the fact his team have only scored 23 goals in 30 games and that his idea of building a team seems to involve borrowing players left right and centre which is hardly a good template for building a team.

Why anyone would see him as a viable alternative to Moyes completely beats me. As does the fact some people reckon Fulham play decent football.
Scott seems to have inherited the media's young,trendy,British and therefore progressive manager look, that used to be Eddie Howe's before he lost it.

That image tends to dissolve once he opens his mouth however. And dressing as if your just departing for Tangier, is risque beyond normative allowances. Those allowances being tested when your standing a stones throw from old mother Thames in the rain.

So sartorial geographical mashups aside, it is to his enormous good fortune to have a head straight out of 'Thunderbirds' casting...and as we all know - Thunderbirds are Go

palerider

Post by palerider »

If he'd just left to join them at the end of the season I'd have accepted it, even though it's the vermin pond-life we're talking about here, but the manner of it, sitting with the Spuds entourage when he should have been giving a captain's gee-up at the Etihad is unforgivable.

At least to me.

And anyone who thinks otherwise was either born in Stamford Hill or is a raving cross-dresser.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

palerider wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:35 am

If he'd just left to join them at the end of the season I'd have accepted it, even though it's the vermin pond-life we're talking about here, but the manner of it, sitting with the Spuds entourage when he should have been giving a captain's gee-up at the Etihad is unforgivable.

At least to me.

And anyone who thinks otherwise was either born in Stamford Hill or is a raving cross-dresser.
Agreed . One of the first truly orrible Judas Cunts .
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:34 am
palerider wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:35 am

At least to me.

Agreed . One of the first truly orrible Judas Cunts .
I really don't get all this Judas stuff tbh. Players aren't fans, they're employees and once a sale has been agreed why should they show any loyalty to the club that basically has said we don't want you any more ? Surely you're not saying that if he happened to turn Fulham round, win the league with them next season, and follow that with the Champions League before deciding he wanted to manage West Ham, you would be up in arms because he once decided to join Spurs ?

But, as always, any explanation will be welcomed. ;)