Scott Parker---WTF

Chat about anything football related here!
Hammertime

Re: Scott Parker---WTF

Post by Hammertime »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:15 pm
Hammertime wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:40 pm

I guess it depends on your long-term plan with the loans, stay up and sign them based on performance (Soucek) or go down and return them to the parent club. Kind of like us with Lingard, make Europe and it's a good chance he stays, don't and we'll be signing his replacement on a free! Dawson is a lock tho ;)

Although not 7 players, Parker is in a similar predicament as Moyes was last season (except he's had longer at the helm). So if he succeeds at survival, gets some backing and pushes them up the table into Top 4 contention next season, then maybe George can call back in to Talkshite as the resident seer of all things football!!!
I get the attraction of the loan system. Lingard and Dawson, particularly the latter, were brought in on a sort of try before you (hopefully) buy. But SEVEN players ? I have no idea if any of the deals come with an option to buy and I have to say that Areola and Andersen have been outstanding for them when I've watched Fulham. But one thing's for sure. Those guys won't be hanging around if Fulham drop. And indeed I would suggest they might not be there next season even if Fulham stay up. Probably not solely down to Parker of course but hardly a good model for growing the club. And surely that is one of the fundamentals of a manager's job.
Yeah, you're not wrong 7 is a ridiculous amount of loans for one season. However, should they stay up and say secure the signing of 2 or 3 of them then it's just a shop window kind of deal similar to ours. How they supplement that team to push on in the prem is next season's problem and I'm certainly glad we're trying this with 1 or 2 players and not 6 or 7, but it is just a symptom of how far ahead we are of our West London neighbours, despite their superior manager that is!!!
#fuckqatar2022

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Don't ya love social media/radio?
A word or a fart can start an avalanche !!
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

ToneLoc wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:29 pm Don't ya love social media/radio?
Social Media and Phone In programs prove what most of us already knew mate.

There are people amongst us who should not be allowed out on their own. ;) .
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

ToneLoc wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:29 pm Don't ya love social media/radio?
Sometimes I think my farts are gonna start an avalanche. Obviously for those ones I expect at least a “well done” from the wife for my achievements. She’s learning
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

Fulham fans are realising now that Judas isn't the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy.

His tactics of late would make our own Messiah proud. But he's not as good at doing it. And they're clamouring for him to go.

To think someone wanted him at the ILS is laughable.

But I will add that Shahid Khan, Fulham's owner, made his son Tony Khan Director of Football in 2016. Tbf he knows a thing or two about Yank sport but fuck all about the PL and is responsible for the ridiculous amount of loans Fulham have. He's fucked up big time.

A cautionary tale should the dwarf contemplate promoting junior slug up to anything other than x-box duties.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

What planet is?George?on ffs?
Flairon

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Having sat through that turgid display, I can confirm, Fulham are fucked.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Ex Hammer for manager shocker !!

No thanks they can keep the grimacing faced fucking twat.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Geordie cunts driving another nail in his coffin at the moment.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:43 am Ex Hammer for manager shocker !!

No thanks they can keep the grimacing faced fucking twat.
But apparently he's young, progressive (whatever the fuck that means), and an ex player. Which seems to tick all the boxes for some people.

And he isn't David Moyes. Which ticks the boxes of a few more by all accounts. :lol:

And whenever I see him doing interviews he looks like the proverbial rabbit in the headlights. But he's a young and progressive little bunny so what the hell.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?