Scott Parker---WTF

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Scott Parker

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:03 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:01 pm Watched Arsenal v Fulham earlier today and following on from recent discussions here about the merits of Parker’s management it has to be said that the way his Fulham team plays football makes Allardyce look like Mourinho back in his Barcelona days.

Utter turgid crap. And when all their loan players fuck off back to their parent clubs the next manager there, I’m assuming Parker will get binned, will have to basically assemble a new team.
Was it any worse than our 2 turgid displays at Man Utd this season?
In all honesty------yes. Partly because the team they were playing aren't as good as Manchester United and partly because in their situation following our result on Saturday , they desperately needed 3 points. They nearly got them which would have been a travesty, even though Arsenal were no great shakes.

And I think it's also worth mentioning that whenever I've watched Fulham this season, not too often but often enough, they demonstrate very little attacking impetus which probably explains why they have scored fewer goals than all but one other team in the division this season. It is certainly true their defence has improved under Parker but they are nailed on certainties for the drop and I'm guessing Parker will be joining the ranks of the unemployed at season's end.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Re: Scott Parker---WTF

Post by palerider »

Nice cardigan though.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:26 am

In all honesty------yes. Partly because the team they were playing aren't as good as Manchester United and partly because in their situation following our result on Saturday , they desperately needed 3 points. They nearly got them which would have been a travesty, even though Arsenal were no great shakes.

And I think it's also worth mentioning that whenever I've watched Fulham this season, not too often but often enough, they demonstrate very little attacking impetus which probably explains why they have scored fewer goals than all but one other team in the division this season. It is certainly true their defence has improved under Parker but they are nailed on certainties for the drop and I'm guessing Parker will be joining the ranks of the unemployed at season's end.
Fulham’s problems are converting chances, they have had more shots than us this season, 9th best in league. However their conversion rate is the worse.

Nothing wrong with their creativity or their style, I mean they outplayed us twice just couldn’t score which sums up all their issues this season.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:56 am

Fulham’s problems are converting chances, they have had more shots than us this season, 9th best in league. However their conversion rate is the worse.

Nothing wrong with their creativity or their style, I mean they outplayed us twice just couldn’t score which sums up all their issues this season.
Respect your opinion mate but if you thought they outplayed us twice this season you and I were watching different games. Two very poor games in my opinion where creativity was not very much in evidence from either side.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:07 pm
Towie wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:56 am

Respect your opinion mate but if you thought they outplayed us twice this season you and I were watching different games. Two very poor games in my opinion where creativity was not very much in evidence from either side.
Ha ha, I think you watched the wrong game.
Our last match 0-0 draw vs Fulham.

Shots 20 - 8
Shots on target 2 - 1
Possession 61% - 39%
Passes 550 - 354

I remember thinking we getting outplayed by bloody Fulham, Stats above would back up what I’m saying,

Especially their shot conversion which is their downfall this season.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Scott Parker is on his way to Tottenham...

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:13 pm

Scott Parker is on his way to Tottenham...
Splendid they will be even more fucked now.

mkhammer

Re: Scott Parker---WTF

Post by mkhammer »

Watched them play some really nice footie this year ..always thought they'd get out of it...think they've really missed
Cairney in MF this season..him and Reed central looked really good.....was their Rice/Soucek...
Maybe should have kept faith in Mitrovic bit more,always seems to be on the bench.

Shame I like Scottie..fucked me off a bit with the Spurs move...but he aint on his own there,we've had a few fucked off
over the years...can't say I blame them at times..

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:06 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:07 pm

Shots 20 - 8
Shots on target 2 - 1
Possession 61% - 39%
Passes 550 - 354

I remember thinking we getting outplayed by bloody Fulham, Stats above would back up what I’m saying,

I tend to base my assessment of games on what I see for myself rather than match statistics. Watching games there are times when I am thinking to myself we are in danger of conceding, for a variety of reasons. The only time I had that concern in our games against Fulham was when they were gifted the penalty which Lookman missed. At no time in either of the games did I see anything other than two 0-0 draws, between 2 very poor teams on the day, until Soucek scored.

We will have to wait and see if Parker has any future as a manager but I sure as hell can't see why he is regarded as a purveyor of silky flowing, progressive (yes, that's the word) football. If I were a neutral I would rather watch West Ham under Moyes than Fulham under Parker. It really is that simple...

Furthermore for the life of me I can't see how taking a club down to the Championship with 7 loan players in the squad, all of whom will no doubt bugger off if they don't stay up, can be seen as progressive. It will be a massive rebuilding job for someone for next season surely ? Clearly we will never agree on this but I would rather trust Moyes with the stewardship of West Ham than Parker. That does not mean I see Moyes as a tactical genius who is going to propel West Ham into the stratosphere, simply that I see him as a far better manager than the "young and progressive" Mr Parker.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:42 pm
Towie wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:06 pm

Shots 20 - 8
Shots on target 2 - 1
Possession 61% - 39%
Passes 550 - 354

I tend to base my assessment of games on what I see for myself rather than match statistics. Watching games there are times when I am thinking to myself we are in danger of conceding, for a variety of reasons. The only time I had that concern in our games against Fulham was when they were gifted the penalty which Lookman missed. At no time in either of the games did I see anything other than two 0-0 draws, between 2 very poor teams on the day, until Soucek scored.

We will have to wait and see if Parker has any future as a manager but I sure as hell can't see why he is regarded as a purveyor of silky flowing, progressive (yes, that's the word) football. If I were a neutral I would rather watch West Ham under Moyes than Fulham under Parker. It really is that simple...

Furthermore for the life of me I can't see how taking a club down to the Championship with 7 loan players in the squad, all of whom will no doubt bugger off if they don't stay up, can be seen as progressive. It will be a massive rebuilding job for someone for next season surely ? Clearly we will never agree on this but I would rather trust Moyes with the stewardship of West Ham than Parker. That does not mean I see Moyes as a tactical genius who is going to propel West Ham into the stratosphere, simply that I see him as a far better manager than the "young and progressive" Mr Parker.
I don’t think I have based my opinion on stats, I have based it on what I have watched.
The stats I added are merely to backing up what I have said, they create but can’t score, that is a major problem which gets you relegated.
I don’t think I said anywhere that we should replace Moyes with Parker, or claimed that Parker is progressive.

I merely pointed out I believe they play some good stuff at times, you may disagree, but you will be wrong! ;)