Season Awards (part 2)

Chat about anything football related here!
redhammer
Site Admin

Season Awards (part 2)

Post by redhammer »

Give us your answers as well

Goal of the season-
Disappointment of the season-
fave match of the season-
Review of Slav-

Newmarket

Re: Season Awards (part 2)

Post by Newmarket »

Goal of the season ? The Payet free kick against Palace . Not because it was any better than his others but because the whole world including the keeper was expecting it to go in the other corner.
So he just looked up and banged it in the other :lol:

Match of the season ? Everton away . As Lukakuvibski was taking that penalty I was preparing to kick the cunt out of our 50" tv...

The rest is history :)

Disappointment ? The way we blew CL against a team we should of caned and then had to rely on Manure just to get us into the Europa League .

Bilic ? Positives - Thanking him for giving us our West Ham back , his refreshing honesty at press conferences and his totally gung-ho attack attack attack attitude.

Negatives-his Allardyce like systematic throwing to the wolves of our kids and fringe players in the Europa qualifiers , his stubbornness in persistently using Antonio at RB , and his totally gung-ho attack attack attack attitude .
A 9/10 for his re-introducing the West Ham "way" alone .
Now those Cunts on the BBC and Sky understand.... shakeass
Bring back Jonathon !

H4L

Post by H4L »

Goal of th season: Payet vs Palace free kick. Not only a great goal but my boys first and last game at The Boleyn.

Match of season: Last ever at The old girl agsinst Utd. Perfect end to story. The game was brilliant, the last ever bubbles as the team came out, the half time brass band and abide with me had me in tears, being there with my brothers and dad, I liked the after game stuff then Sir Bobby turned the lights off. Perfect!

Disappointment: last game vs Stoke. Should have thrashed them and got Europa garaunteed. Would have loved CL but injuries during Oct and Nov screwed that. No ones fault and we coped admirably.

Billic: love him. He's one of us. A refreshing, honest man who gets what West Ham is. He has made mistakes but is honest when he has and takes accountability.

robelliott17

Post by robelliott17 »

Goal of the season: Payet vs Newcastle - under appreciated i think...the way he hit it and it curled in was a thing of beauty...helps that I was in the stadium for this one.

Match of season: The away game against Everton because their twitter following are trash bags and they seem to be our bogey team - the fact we came from behind to win it made it all the sweeter.

Disappointment: Throwing points away against some of the 'smaller teams'. I think of where we could have been had we not drawn or lost games against Newcastle, West Brom and Norwich etc. We have to be realistic though, we are still West Ham and we play in the premier league. Every team wants a game.

Billic: I sometimes question his choice of tactics (Antonio is still not a right back!) but his passion for the game and his lack of excuses when he gets it wrong sets him apart in my eyes. If we buy well and stay injury free, I'm excited to see where he'll take us. Even when we go down in a game, we make a really solid attempt to get back into the game...that could not be said when we played under Big Sam.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Goal of season - Payet freekick vs Man Utd in the cup, to beat a keeper of that quality from that distance was incredible.
Payet has to be the best freekick taker in the world right now.

Favourite game - Everton away. To come from 2-0 down against our bogey team away from home, totally brilliant. Also it was my sons first away game sp made it an amazing day.

Biggest disappointment - Losing to Man Utd in the cup replay, the team just didn't turn up for 70 minutes of the match.

Bilic - Unlike some Fans, he was my first choice for Manager, he has got the club buzzing, the fans are back onside.
We are playing attacking football and we come from behind to win now. Thanks Super Slav for giving us back our West Ham.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Westham88

Post by Westham88 »

Goal of the season Payet at Palace. Match has to be the last game at home against Man United. Biggest dissapointment this season has to be the number of shocking reff decision that went against us or the pathetic 4-1 defeat to a Swansea reserve side. Bilic has had a great first season my only question marks over him have been the Jelovic signing, Antonio being played at RB when Tonks was on the bench and the lack of youth players getting game time. When the results were on the bag (couple of goals up with few mins left) I would of rather seen Oxford or Burke ect over Valencia or Eminike.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Goal of the Season...Payet v Palace.

Best Game..You could have so many..It has to be the Man U game..I`have not witnessed an atmosphere like that since the 1980`s.

Disappointment..Has to be Man U in the Cup.But has somebody else put,the Officials making bad decisions against us cost us big time.

And Bilic..After the shit we have had to put up with the last 4 years,it`s been a breath of fresh air.Thank you,you made it such a memorable last season at UP.

hammerman69

Post by hammerman69 »

Goal of the Season...Payet v Man Utd away in the cup.....it was a long way out !

Best Game..Man Utd at home, Man city away (tie)

Disappointment..Swansea at home. CL football up in smoke in 90 mins.....honestly think if we had won that we would have beaten Stoke.

Bilic..Great first season.....learned very quickly regarding tactics after first two games, good motivator.....would like him to stop playing players out of position....Antonio for certain.

JustLikeMyDreams

Post by JustLikeMyDreams »

Goal of the season?Payets free kick at old Trafford in the FA cup.A simply unstoppable effort!

Biggest Disappointment?The way we performed in the middle of the FA cup replay against red manc.

Favourite match of the season?The come back at Goodison and the last home game at UP.

Super Slav:I was slightly worried after the 2 early home defeats!But he has proved I did not need to worry.He has gelled the team together and gave us attacking football with lots of positive play and results!Thankyou Slav and please keep it up.