Leicester.

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Re: Leicester.

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: ↑Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:00 am
Brookbonds73 wrote: ↑Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:36 pm

Ah yes, but remember they're in the top four, so Moyes pants will be full of shit.
Respect the point or the 3-0 defeat πŸ˜‚
Well.I hope we respect the point in exactly the same way we did at the King Power Stadium earlier in the season.

And can someone tell me how Leicester's style of football is so different from ours. Apart from the obvious difference that they have a proper striker in their team and we haven't. Probably why they have scored 8 goals more than us this season. But is 8 goals really the difference between a so called dinosaur, respect the points approach some people reckon we have, and the expansive style that some people seem to think Leicester play.
Did you see Leicester approach the Man Utd game the same way Moyes did last two times? They played the same way we did in our first home game against Mancs.

Counter attacking with pace and skill, our home game vs Man Utd was similar just different outcome. I certainly had no complaints because we gave it a real go, however our two recent defeats to Mancs saw us take the ultra cautious approach and we still ended up with nothing just looking back at missed opportunities. There is your difference!
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: ↑Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:10 am

Well.I hope we respect the point in exactly the same way we did at the King Power Stadium earlier in the season.

And can someone tell me how Leicester's style of football is so different from ours. Apart from the obvious difference that they have a proper striker in their team and we haven't. Probably why they have scored 8 goals more than us this season. But is 8 goals really the difference between a so called dinosaur, respect the points approach some people reckon we have, and the expansive style that some people seem to think Leicester play.
Did you see Leicester approach the Man Utd game the same way Moyes did last two times? They played the same way we did in our first home game against Mancs.

Counter attacking with pace and skill, our home game vs Man Utd was similar just different outcome. I certainly had no complaints because we gave it a real go, however our two recent defeats to Mancs saw us take the ultra cautious approach and we still ended up with nothing just looking back at missed opportunities. There is your difference!
I didn't watch the game so, sorry, but I can't have any opinion on it. But I did see our game against Leicester earlier in the season, as I'm sure you did, and I think you'll agree we totally outclassed them. But my question was more about their overall playing style, rather than how they approached one particular game. I have seen Leicester in one or two games this season and, for me, the main difference they are ahead of us in the league is not because they are tearing the league up with a flowing style of Guardiola-esque football, but because they have an authentic striker in Vardy.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whiskyman wrote: ↑Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:12 am
Towie wrote: ↑Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:10 am

I didn't watch the game so, sorry, but I can't have any opinion on it. But I did see our game against Leicester earlier in the season, as I'm sure you did, and I think you'll agree we totally outclassed them. But my question was more about their overall playing style, rather than how they approached one particular game. I have seen Leicester in one or two games this season and, for me, the main difference they are ahead of us in the league is not because they are tearing the league up with a flowing style of Guardiola-esque football, but because they have an authentic striker in Vardy.
They're a different animal now Whisk.
They took the same Man Utd that we bottled it against to the cleaners without Madison, Barnes, to name but two. They're comfortably in line for Europe and have a real chance of a cup final, all done without breaking the bank.
But then again they have owners that are not married to a pound note.
You're right when you said we won well at their place earlier on, but will we do the same this time round, with a knackered squad? I hope so, but I wouldn't bet on it.
And Rodgers is still a better manager 😁
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: ↑Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:25 am
Whiskyman wrote: ↑Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:12 am

They took the same Man Utd that we bottled it against to the cleaners without Madison, Barnes, to name but two. They're comfortably in line for Europe and have a real chance of a cup final, all done without breaking the bank.
You're right when you said we won well at their place earlier on, but will we do the same this time round, with a knackered squad? I hope so, but I wouldn't bet on it.
I agree with you that they are a well run club. Apart from the playing staff they have invested massively in their academy and training facilities. And I readily admit I haven't seen a huge number number of Leicester games this season. But those I have, and I didn't see today's game so can't comment, doesn't make me wish we were playing like them week in week out. Sure, we've had the occasional bummer, but I'm certain they have too. For me the difference is something as fundamental as them having a proper striker, something we lack.

Also just looked at the Man United line up. No Fernandes to start. No Shaw. Van de Beek given a run. Were Man United really focused on the game ? I would guess they know they will get into the Top 4, probably see the Europa League as their main target, so was the F A Cup really that important to them ? Obviously they didn't want to lose but it looks like they didn't really pick their strongest side. Which imo speaks volumes.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whiskyman wrote: ↑Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:32 am
Brookbonds73 wrote: ↑Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:25 am

I agree with you that they are a well run club. Apart from the playing staff they have invested massively in their academy and training facilities. And I readily admit I haven't seen a huge number number of Leicester games this season. But those I have, and I didn't see today's game so can't comment, doesn't make me wish we were playing like them week in week out. Sure, we've had the occasional bummer, but I'm certain they have too. For me the difference is something as fundamental as them having a proper striker, something we lack.

Also just looked at the Man United line up. No Fernandes to start. No Shaw. Van de Beek given a run. Were Man United really focused on the game ? I would guess they know they will get into the Top 4, probably see the Europa League as their main target, so was the F A Cup really that important to them ? Obviously they didn't want to lose but it looks like they didn't really pick their strongest side. Which imo speaks volumes.
Vardy does give an edge right enough, it's a good outlet. Every time I've seen them this season, they've played some decent stuff ( barring us of course) and seem to always blood a youngster in, whether it be from the off or a half hour here and there.
They seem to have an abundance of talent, much like we used to have with our academy.
As for Man Utd, that defeat today bothered Solkjaer, the look on his face spoke volumes. Whilst admittedly it probably isn't top of their agenda, he was either annoyed at his team or his team selection, probably both, truth be told.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

JayK

Post by JayK »

They shoulda been relegated the season before they won the league. Horrible, filthy lot
COYI!!!

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

Ah yes, but remember they're in the top four, so Moyes pants will be full of shit.

They don't play expansive City type football. They are a counterattacking unit.

The fundamental difference is they don't shit themselves against the top teams and play 9 defensive players.

dorsetdano

Post by dorsetdano »

We are also criticised for scoring lots of set pieces; but from memory 5 of Vardy's first 9 goals this season were penalties/ It takes us 90 games to get that many, let alone score them!

Towie

Post by Towie »

dorsetdano wrote: ↑Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:46 pm

We are also criticised for scoring lots of set pieces; but from memory 5 of Vardy's first 9 goals this season were penalties/ It takes us 90 games to get that many, let alone score them!
Who is criticising us for scoring lots of goals from set pieces? It is part of the game and a strength of ours.

Tells me the coaches are doing their jobs properly organising players.

We also have hit the post 19 times I believe, more than any other premier team. So perhaps they should also work on shooting drills. :lol: :lol:
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.