Remaining 10 games

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Remaining 10 games

Post by Ibbyham »

10 games to go and top 5 finishes is getting tight up and at least we are done with 2 Mancs clubs and only Leicester, Arsenal and Chelsea in the way but we will be at home agaist them so anything is possible. Next 10 fixtures are:

Arsenal (H)
Wolves (A)
Leicester (H)
Newcastle (A)
Chelsea (H)
Burnley (A)
Everton (H)
Brighton (A)
WBA (A)
Southampton (H)

In order to finish top 5, we may need 62 points to 64 points and we got 48 points so far so that another 14 to 16 points needed to finish at least 5th or at its lowest 6th as 4th place is a bit tall order with Chelsea in top form, Leicester in top form and we only can catch them if we BEAT those 2. Tottenham, Everton and Liverpool will be breathing behind us, even Arsenal as usually those big clubs has winning runs in last 10 games to catch up.

We need Brighton to be safe before we play them, we need WBA to be relegated before we play them and for Newcastle hope Almiron and Wilson will not be ready against us otherwise if Wilson and Almiron play, Newcastle will beat us.

Hope we will have our injuries at a minimum and hope INTERNATIONAL matches will not screwed us up in term of injuries to our best players as I dont know how many games to play for international match but presumably 2 games.

Chelsea and Arsenal still have Europa Cup to play for but hope Arsenal will be knocked out soon but if Chelsea or Man Utd win the Europa Cup and they are in top 4 and Man City lose to Champions League then I believe 5th place will get Champions League BUT if Man City win Champions League and no English Club except Man Utd or Chelsea if they are on top 4 win the Europa Cup then 5th place will still get Champions League.

Of those 10 remaining matches I can only see 12 to 14 points from those as away to Burnley and Brighton we don't have good record but we are a much better team than last season and Moyes need to keep same faith team of 4-2-3-1 with Lingard, Benrahma or Bowen and Fornals in attacking side.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

BlackDiamond

Re: Remaining 10 games

Post by BlackDiamond »

Ibbyham wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:38 pm 10 games to go and top 5 finishes is getting tight up and at least we are done with 2 Mancs clubs and only Leicester, Arsenal and Chelsea in the way but we will be at home agaist them so anything is possible. Next 10 fixtures are:

Arsenal (H)
Wolves (A)
Leicester (H)
Newcastle (A)
Chelsea (H)
Burnley (A)
Everton (H)
Brighton (A)
WBA (A)
Southampton (H)

In order to finish top 5, we may need 62 points to 64 points and we got 48 points so far so that another 14 to 16 points needed to finish at least 5th or at its lowest 6th as 4th place is a bit tall order with Chelsea in top form, Leicester in top form and we only can catch them if we BEAT those 2. Tottenham, Everton and Liverpool will be breathing behind us, even Arsenal as usually those big clubs has winning runs in last 10 games to catch up.

We need Brighton to be safe before we play them, we need WBA to be relegated before we play them and for Newcastle hope Almiron and Wilson will not be ready against us otherwise if Wilson and Almiron play, Newcastle will beat us.

Hope we will have our injuries at a minimum and hope INTERNATIONAL matches will not screwed us up in term of injuries to our best players as I dont know how many games to play for international match but presumably 2 games.

Chelsea and Arsenal still have Europa Cup to play for but hope Arsenal will be knocked out soon but if Chelsea or Man Utd win the Europa Cup and they are in top 4 and Man City lose to Champions League then I believe 5th place will get Champions League BUT if Man City win Champions League and no English Club except Man Utd or Chelsea if they are on top 4 win the Europa Cup then 5th place will still get Champions League.

Of those 10 remaining matches I can only see 12 to 14 points from those as away to Burnley and Brighton we don't have good record but we are a much better team than last season and Moyes need to keep same faith team of 4-2-3-1 with Lingard, Benrahma or Bowen and Fornals in attacking side.
Well done Ibbs, i enjoy these speculative forecast posts. The Gonz did a 240 game season predictor and had West Ham finishing 4th. This included losing at Old Trafford. So the game is still afoot and the game is still on.
http://hammerschat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13264

Me ? I had us finishing 3rd-10th as I like to be on the money

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:48 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:38 pm 10 games to go and top 5 finishes is getting tight up and at least we are done with 2 Mancs clubs and only Leicester, Arsenal and Chelsea in the way but we will be at home agaist them so anything is possible. Next 10 fixtures are:

Arsenal (H)
Wolves (A)
Leicester (H)
Newcastle (A)
Chelsea (H)
Burnley (A)
Everton (H)
Brighton (A)
WBA (A)
Southampton (H)

Well done Ibbs, i enjoy these speculative forecast posts. The Gonz did a 240 game season predictor and had West Ham finishing 4th. This included losing at Old Trafford. So the game is still afoot and the game is on.
http://hammerschat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13264
Cheers mate.

West Ham lost 8 which 7 of those from Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool x 2, Man City and Man Utd x 2 with the only exception of home loss against Newcastle and 2 frustration home draw against Palace and Brighton otherwise our home form and away form is great.

Of those remaining 10 games, IF West Ham need to finish top 4, we need to beat Burnley, Brighton, WBA, Newcastle, Southampton and Everton and to get draw against Arsenal (as we don't have good home record against them) but I can't see us beating Chelsea but a draw will do as well. Home against Leicester is also tough as they has good away record this season only lost ONCE but we need to get at least a draw or beat Leicester. Away to Wolves they are unpredictable and tough to beat so a draw is likely outcome but could win if we have best players on the pitch.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

if Moyes sets up like v Manure then its all pretty academic...

palerider

Post by palerider »

Much will depend on if the clubs in the away games, and possibly Southampton, need anything to be safe. If they've already done that, in West Brom's case it will be academic, then there is the tendency to think of a socially distanced beach.

But in any case, we have four home games before that against teams chasing Europe themselves.

Cowardice like last night and I'll be putting a white feather through the Messiah's letterbox.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

In the interests of scientific research I have dusted off Nigel, my predicting algorithm, which had such staggering success in forecasting our eventual survival last season. The predictions are quite encouraging. I have listed them below. I have made a small adjustment to ignore the Home or Away factor which we all know doesn't seem to make a blind bit of difference this season.

Arsenal (H)---0 points
Wolves (A)---1point
Leicester (H)---3 points
Newcastle (A)---3 points
Chelsea (H)---0 points
Burnley (A)---1 point
Everton (H)---1 point
Brighton (A)---3 points
WBA (A)---3 points
Southampton (H)---3 points.

So 18 points from that lot which will leave us with 66 at season's end. Over the past 10 seasons 6th place has been achieved with points totals ranging from 69 (twice) down to as low as 58. The average over those 10 years is 63.6.

All of which of course proves absolutely fuck all but I'd be reasonably happy with 5 wins from the remaining 10 games which ought to be achievable. So fingers crossed.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:57 pm In the interests of scientific research I have dusted off Nigel, my predicting algorithm, which had such staggering success in forecasting our eventual survival last season. The predictions are quite encouraging. I have listed them below. I have made a small adjustment to ignore the Home or Away factor which we all know doesn't seem to make a blind bit of difference this season.

Arsenal (H)---0 points
Wolves (A)---1point
Leicester (H)---3 points
Newcastle (A)---3 points
Chelsea (H)---0 points
Burnley (A)---1 point
Everton (H)---1 point
Brighton (A)---3 points
WBA (A)---3 points

So 18 points from that lot which will leave us with 66 at season's end. Over the past 10 seasons 6th place has been achieved with points totals ranging from 69 (twice) down to as low as 58. The average over those 10 years is 63.6.

All of which of course proves absolutely fuck all but I'd be reasonably happy with 5 wins from the remaining 10 games which ought to be achievable. So fingers crossed.
I think we’ll get 6 wins.

And did you put 0 down for against Chelsea in the hope your bet pays out? :lol:
COYI!!!

Towie

Post by Towie »

5-6 wins should see us finish minimum 7th.

Whether we get them is another matter.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:52 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:57 pm In the interests of scientific research I have dusted off Nigel, my predicting algorithm, which had such staggering success in forecasting our eventual survival last season. The predictions are quite encouraging. I have listed them below. I have made a small adjustment to ignore the Home or Away factor which we all know doesn't seem to make a blind bit of difference this season.

Arsenal (H)---0 points
Wolves (A)---1point
Leicester (H)---3 points
Newcastle (A)---3 points
Chelsea (H)---0 points
Burnley (A)---1 point
Everton (H)---1 point
Brighton (A)---3 points
WBA (A)---3 points

No. I’ve based it on the fact Chelsea have a better squad and since Tuchel’s arrived they look a much better organised team.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:48 pm
JayK wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:52 pm

No. I’ve based it on the fact Chelsea have a better squad and since Tuchel’s arrived they look a much better organised team.
Just yanking ya chain. Having said that, they couldn’t score against Leeds like we did could they. Surely that makes us better than them? 8-)
COYI!!!