Remaining 10 games

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: Remaining 10 games

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:06 am
terrya1965 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:53 pm

Arsenal hadn't won f*ck for years,that's why.

It will be the same for Spurs too.
Football supporters want to see style over success ? Not in a million years. Football supporters want success for their clubs. They want to lord it over their mates in the pub and at work. Why do you think some Leeds fans are starting to turn against Bielsa even though they are a terrific watch for us neutrals who couldn't give a monkeys if they win or lose.?

Ask any football fan if they'd prefer to see their side grind out 1-0 wins and lift major trophies or play in a series of 3-3 end to enders and end up with an empty trophy cabinet.
Of course you want to win something over style.I am not denying that,especially if you haven't won nothing for years.We would take it.Spurs would take it it too or anyone else starved of successs.

I'm saying ,the teams that regularly win silverware like the Chelsea's want to see some style.Would Bayern Munich fans except drab Football?Nah.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:56 am
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:06 am

Football supporters want to see style over success ? Not in a million years. Football supporters want success for their clubs. They want to lord it over their mates in the pub and at work. Why do you think some Leeds fans are starting to turn against Bielsa even though they are a terrific watch for us neutrals who couldn't give a monkeys if they win or lose.?

Ask any football fan if they'd prefer to see their side grind out 1-0 wins and lift major trophies or play in a series of 3-3 end to enders and end up with an empty trophy cabinet.
Of course you want to win something over style.I am not denying that,especially if you haven't won nothing for years.We would take it.Spurs would take it it too or anyone else starved of successs.

I'm saying ,the teams that regularly win silverware like the Chelsea's want to see some style.Would Bayern Munich fans except drab Football?Nah.
They would rather see drab, winning football than any form of losing football. But that's not how it works is it ? Successful sides evolve. And as they become more successful, if they bring in more cash as a result, they can attract better , more skilful, players and, voila, you have a more skilful side.

Tuchel had to address the obvious deficiencies he inherited from the Lampard era and, quite sensibly, he started with the defence. His teams at Dortmund and PSG weren't too dull to watch by any stretch of the imagination. I don't find his Chelsea boring tbh but I can understand why some do. FFS some people say they found the Mourinho Barcelona boring. And the same has been said, on this very forum no less, about Manchester City.

At times I've been "bored" watching Man City. Sometimes when they go 2 or 3 goals up they switch off anj just play the game out. Not their fault the quality of the opposition is so gash they don't have to play at anything like their true level to win is it ? Personally I'd prefer to see teams like Tuchel's Chelsea passing the ball to each other, retaining possession, trying to find an opening, than a crash, bang, wallop outfit who whack a high ball in to a great lump like Andy Carroll at the earliest opportunity. Yes Sam, I'm talking about you and the other cunts who play that way.

I do sometimes wonder what a lot of people see as "progressive" football. I saw on one forum somewhere, might even have been this one, I can't remember, Scott Parker referred to as a "young, progressive, manager". Well, if progressive means managing a side that has scored 22 goals in 29 matches I guess he fits the bill. :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:16 am
terrya1965 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:48 pm

You saying that,ask the Chelsea fans what they preferred?

The proper Chelsea fan will tell you,they loved the Mourinho era,because he did bring the title to Stamford Bridge,that being the first in 55 years was amazing.

But they will also tell you the most joyous time watching Chelsea was under Ancelotti,watching entertaining Football.They are the most successful team in England since 2005 and are use to lifting trophies.If Tuchel carries on with this style of dull Football,he will be gone by the end of next season,whether he win trophies or not.
I don't know what you mean by a "real" Chelsea supporter. But I know a few who are ST holders at the Bridge, or at least were until they couldn't go, and of course they enjoy watching slick, flowing football but they put winning above that when it comes to the buzz. For most of them their best moment as Chelsea fans was lifting the CL when they beat Bayern on penalties. Those of us who watched that game will remember it was a complete travesty of a result, Chelsea had pretty much parked the bus from start to finish. But would those Chelsea fans watching have given a flying fuck about that ? We know the answer to that don't we?

As for Tuchel. If he delivers the occasional PL title or even the CL he'll be there as long as he wants to be. If he doesn't, he won't. Abramovich wants his toy to be better than all the other rick men's toys .
Real fans,you know the ones..If you asked a plastic to name 5 players in their team,they couldn't.You know exactly what I meant..The one`s that come on to a forum like this and bleed claret and blue,even if we don't get down there has much as we did(you and me)

Ancelotti and Mourinho had one poor season after lifting top silverware and they were gone.I will bet you that Tuchel won't be there in August 2022,because of his awful style of Football.Abramovich always said he wanted to win things with style.The only reason Tuchel was brought in,was to keep them in the Top 4,because he wants Chelsea to stay with the elite.His probably biggest regret was not getting Pep in has manager.The winning and style,that he visualised at Stamford Bridge when he arrived.

Personally,I think Man U have got more chance of challenging City next season,than Chelsea under Tuchel.A Mourinho style,that teams will suss on to..BORING BORING CHELSEA :lol:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:13 am
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:16 am

I don't know what you mean by a "real" Chelsea supporter. But I know a few who are ST holders at the Bridge, or at least were until they couldn't go, and of course they enjoy watching slick, flowing football but they put winning above that when it comes to the buzz. For most of them their best moment as Chelsea fans was lifting the CL when they beat Bayern on penalties. Those of us who watched that game will remember it was a complete travesty of a result, Chelsea had pretty much parked the bus from start to finish. But would those Chelsea fans watching have given a flying fuck about that ? We know the answer to that don't we?

As for Tuchel. If he delivers the occasional PL title or even the CL he'll be there as long as he wants to be. If he doesn't, he won't. Abramovich wants his toy to be better than all the other rick men's toys .
Real fans,you know the ones..If you asked a plastic to name 5 players in their team,they couldn't.You know exactly what I meant..The one`s that come on to a forum like this and bleed claret and blue,even if we don't get down there has much as we did(you and me)

Ancelotti and Mourinho had one poor season after lifting top silverware and they were gone.I will bet you that Tuchel won't be there in August 2022,because of his awful style of Football.Abramovich always said he wanted to win things with style.The only reason Tuchel was brought in,was to keep them in the Top 4,because he wants Chelsea to stay with the elite.His probably biggest regret was not getting Pep in has manager.The winning and style,that he visualised at Stamford Bridge when he arrived.

Personally,I think Man U have got more chance of challenging City next season,than Chelsea under Tuchel.A Mourinho style,that teams will suss on to..BORING BORING CHELSEA :lol:
FFS Terry, we've had plastics on here who haven't known our players. Who the fuck was TOMPKINS ? Remember him ? And I'm sure there have been other examples, here and elsewhere.

I love having a crack with people about football with people who, like me, love the game. Don't give a toss who they support. The so called "plastic" fans, whoever they say they support, I guess wouldn't want to have a conversation about football becaue they only have a passing interest in it. At least that's my take on it. I know fanatical supporters of quite a few clubs. They are just as passionate, critical, enthusiastic about their clubs as any West Ham fan. Every club has them. Some obviously more than others. The bigger the club, the greater number of fans. It's always been that way and I guess it always will.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

I've not checked this, but it seems we need others to be succesful this season, rather than fuck up.

So with a generous heart, I say come on the other ones...

h69

Post by h69 »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:48 pm
h69 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:41 pm

Results business. Tuchel is getting points. That is what fans want not pretty football with young English players and no points.
You saying that,ask the Chelsea fans what they preferred?

The proper Chelsea fan will tell you,they loved the Mourinho era,because he did bring the title to Stamford Bridge,that being the first in 55 years was amazing.

But they will also tell you the most joyous time watching Chelsea was under Ancelotti,watching entertaining Football.They are the most successful team in England since 2005 and are use to lifting trophies.If Tuchel carries on with this style of dull Football,he will be gone by the end of next season,whether he win trophies or not.
I live in an area full of Chelsea fans. It is a complete fallacy that they would forgo trophies to play pretty football. Most of them are desperate to win the League again and while they liked what Frank was trying to do, none of the ones I know are upset with Tuchel.

It is a sport and the reason we all watch is the hope that one day we might be able to celebrate. Are you really happier when we have lost 4-3 in a great game in mid table than when we have beaten a rival 1-0 to get up into the top 6 ?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:29 am
terrya1965 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:13 am

FFS Terry, we've had plastics on here who haven't known our players. Who the fuck was TOMPKINS ? Remember him ? And I'm sure there have been other examples, here and elsewhere.

I love having a crack with people about football with people who, like me, love the game. Don't give a toss who they support. The so called "plastic" fans, whoever they say they support, I guess wouldn't want to have a conversation about football becaue they only have a passing interest in it. At least that's my take on it. I know fanatical supporters of quite a few clubs. They are just as passionate, critical, enthusiastic about their clubs as any West Ham fan. Every club has them. Some obviously more than others. The bigger the club, the greater number of fans. It's always been that way and I guess it always will.
I guess this is in some way connected to the conversation you are having with Terry so , rather than start a different thread ..
Pep Guardiola. What do you make of him ?

Reason I ask (knowing your also a Barcelona fan) is , I’m of the opinion that I could manage that Manchester Citeh squad and win the Premier League in a similar way to your views on Brendan Rodgers / Celtic .

It’s total football imo but ... could he manage to get a tune out of West Ham ?
Or for that matter could Mourinho ? Albeit in a slightly more turgid style ?
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:31 pm

I guess this is in some way connected to the conversation you are having with Terry so , rather than start a different thread ..

Reason I ask (knowing your also a Barcelona fan) is , I’m of the opinion that I could manage that Manchester Citeh squad and win the Premier League in a similar way to your views on Brendan Rodgers / Celtic .

From what I've read and heard about Guardiola from players who have played in his teams, they all say he has improved them as players. Including Bayern Munich's players who were there when he took over. So , yes, I think he could get a tune out of West Ham and, as a result, improve the team. But could he win the title with us ? Of course not.

I don't think too many would disagree with my comments about Rodgers/Celtic. Rangers are now back in the top division there and so it's become what it has always been, apart from a few seasons when Ferguson was at Aberdeen, a two team league. So if you managed one of them and I managed the other , one of us would win the league. Pep manages Man City because he earned the right, if I can put it that way, to manage top clubs. Same as Mourinho and, going back to Aberdeen, same as Ferguson did. Their previous records get them the top jobs.

And just to sum up if next week Steven Gerrard leaves Rangers to become the new manager of Sheffield United or elsewhere , I am appointed to replace him, and Celtic come knocking on your door to take over at their gaff, fans of the other clubs up there would not suddenly start creaming their kilts about a change in the balance of power. But if you or I were suddenly to find ourselves appointed to the Etihad hot seat I feel sure fans of Man United, Liverpool and Chelsea, to name three, would smell blood in the water.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Obviously people only see the football side of things but there's a lot more to it than that. One of his best attributes is his man management. Ok he has money to burn, which helps, but keeping a squad of that size happy takes some doing. Scoring a hat trick one week or keeping a clean sheet doesn't guarantee you a starting place next time round. And the players know it. We all see the players they have as world beaters, but up there they are just pieces in a very expensive jigsaw puzzle. Of course it helps to have backing, but knowing where to put a Rolls Royce in a team of Bentley's also takes planning and vision, something of which he is a master at.
Personally I doubt whether he would make much of a difference at West Ham, maybe a few points here and there but nothing out of the ordinary, same goes for moanyhole. We'd probably end up being a consistent top half side, but that's about it. It's all hypothetical anyway because these managers only go where the money is, hence the clubs they've already had.
As for Celtic, well that's a different ball game altogether, you could be visually impaired and have the IQ of a breeze block and still win the league.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:41 pm

Pep manages Man City because he earned the right, if I can put it that way, to manage top clubs. Same as Mourinho Their previous records get them the top jobs.
I’ll take your word on what the Bayern players said mate.

As for “ earning the right” , to my knowledge Pep has managed Barca B , Barca , Bayern & Citeh .

He must have done some job at Barca B .

As for Mourinho.His first job was at the Portuguese Celtic so I’ll say no more .

I’d LOVE to what these guys could do with a mid table club and fuck all to spend ?

Somebody like Pellegrini for instance ?

Yeah I know , Villarreal 😆
Bring back Jonathon !