Remaining 10 games

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Remaining 10 games

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:12 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:48 pm

No. I’ve based it on the fact Chelsea have a better squad and since Tuchel’s arrived they look a much better organised team.
Just yanking ya chain. Having said that, they couldn’t score against Leeds like we did could they. Surely that makes us better than them? 8-)
Of course. Seriously if Lampard was still there I’d have said we were in with a shout. But Tuchel has abandoned Lampard’s strategy of playing English players ahead of better foreign ones and they’ve stopped conceding goals for fun.

Unfortunately Tuchel is still picking the better English players in his squad and they are looking a very hard side to beat.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:12 pm

Just yanking ya chain. Having said that, they couldn’t score against Leeds like we did could they. Surely that makes us better than them? 8-)
Of course. Seriously if Lampard was still there I’d have said we were in with a shout. But Tuchel has abandoned Lampard’s strategy of playing English players ahead of better foreign ones and they’ve stopped conceding goals for fun.

Unfortunately Tuchel is still picking the better English players in his squad and they are looking a very hard side to beat.
Bloody boring to watch though..Unfortunately for us,they will finish in the Top 4

JayK

Post by JayK »

I’ve not seen any of their games but their results alone show Tuchel has stopped them leaking goals for fun. So yes, as Terry says, I think they will prob finish above us but I still think we’re more than capable of taking a point from them
COYI!!!

Towie

Post by Towie »

JayK wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:02 pm

I’ve not seen any of their games but their results alone show Tuchel has stopped them leaking goals for fun. So yes, as Terry says, I think they will prob finish above us but I still think we’re more than capable of taking a point from them
Yes, we are capable of winning, unfortunately we will be set up not to win.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:37 pm

Bloody boring to watch though..Unfortunately for us,they will finish in the Top 4
Tbh I don't find it boring watching a team who try to pass the ball to each other rather than humping it upfield and hoping for the best.

Yes Mr Dyche, I'm talking about you.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Towie wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:25 pm
JayK wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:02 pm

Yes, we are capable of winning, unfortunately we will be set up not to win.
I never said win :lol:
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

Based on Sunday's evidence we'll finish 9th.

City
United
Chelsea
Leicester
Yids
Everton
Arse
Dippers
West Ham

Sir Moysie however, could be very brave and recall Jesse, possibly Fornals too, if his leg hasn't been torn off by the killer rabbit.

But as precaution, keep Noble in for the season, just in case Soucek or Rice decide to venture too far forward. Can't be too careful. And that Antonio. Touch of an epileptic at times. Giving the ball away like that ?

Best replace him with another centre back.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

palerider wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:09 am Based on Sunday's evidence we'll finish 9th.

City
United
Chelsea
Leicester
Yids
Everton
Arse
Dippers
West Ham

Sir Moysie however, could be very brave and recall Jesse, possibly Fornals too, if his leg hasn't been torn off by the killer rabbit.

But as precaution, keep Noble in for the season, just in case Soucek or Rice decide to venture too far forward. Can't be too careful. And that Antonio. Touch of an epileptic at times. Giving the ball away like that ?

Best replace him with another centre back.
My prediction is 9th 64 points

Everton 10th

Truth be known I’d have been more than happy with that before the season started as it’s a massive improvement.

An improvement that Sir Moysie must be given the lion’s share of the credit for.

However , it could be considerably better .

I think Sir Moysie’s time at Everton showed him to be the right man for the job at the time , establishing them as an upper mid table club consistently,
His cowardice against the big clubs stopping them from really kicking on .

Bit early to say it’s going to happen here but it’s certainly held us back this season imo
Bring back Jonathon !

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:57 pm In the interests of scientific research I have dusted off Nigel, my predicting algorithm, which had such staggering success in forecasting our eventual survival last season. The predictions are quite encouraging. I have listed them below. I have made a small adjustment to ignore the Home or Away factor which we all know doesn't seem to make a blind bit of difference this season.

Arsenal (H)---0 points
Wolves (A)---1point
Leicester (H)---3 points
Newcastle (A)---3 points
Chelsea (H)---0 points
Burnley (A)---1 point
Everton (H)---1 point
Brighton (A)---3 points
WBA (A)---3 points
Southampton (H)---3 points.

So 18 points from that lot which will leave us with 66 at season's end. Over the past 10 seasons 6th place has been achieved with points totals ranging from 69 (twice) down to as low as 58. The average over those 10 years is 63.6.

All of which of course proves absolutely fuck all but I'd be reasonably happy with 5 wins from the remaining 10 games which ought to be achievable. So fingers crossed.

:o you mean to say you haven't got a pet octopuss? :)
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:37 pm

:D boring to watch tel? We park a bigger bus than them when moysie shits his pants :)
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............