West Ham vs Arsenal Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Arsenal Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Hope we will have a positive performance and Moyes to get this tactics correct. Hope Fornals will be back by then and Fabianski, Coufal and Bowen to shake off their knock......Also hope Dawson will not have his confidence drop after his own goal against Man Utd.

West Ham has the WORST home record against Arsenal and only registered 15 wins, 21 draws and 28 lost in all league record since 1923 and in Premier League we only got 3 win, 8 draws and 13 lost. Moyes need to halt the dreadful losing runs against big clubs and according to Moyes record against Arsenal especially at home (Everton, Man Utd and Sunderland) has a very poor record, including a 6-1 home defeat against Arsenal in early 2010 when Moyes was at Everton. West Ham need to do better in attack and on a plus side we have Lingard back.

Squad:

Fabianski

Coufal
Diop
Dawson
Cresswell

Rice
Soucek

Bowen
Lingard
Benrahma or Fornals

Antonio

Hope we will continue our home form but please, PLEASE, a better attacking performance this time and more stronger in defending.

COYI!!! whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Brookbonds73

Re: West Ham vs Arsenal Official Match Thread

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Cheers Ibbs.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

One Football is reporting that a large wooden Rabbit was yesterday discovered outside Arsenal’s London Colney training ground .

Sir Moysie obviously has some sort of master plan afoot.
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:41 am One Football is reporting that a large wooden Rabbit was yesterday discovered outside Arsenal’s London Colney training ground .

Sir Moysie obviously has some sort of master plan afoot.
Brave Sir Moysie rode north
Through the dark forest of Hackney
Accompanied by his favourite minstrels

I am an enchanter......there are some who call me.....Tim :lol:
But only follow if ye be men o'valour

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Not looking promising if Moyes record against the top six is anything to go by as I am pretty sure Arsenal are his most difficult team to get a result against , as his teams at home has only won 4 in all of his 35 matches .
Last edited by Clayton on Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

3-1 us

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:09 am Not looking promising if Moyes record against the top six is anything to go by as I am pretty sure Arsenal are his most difficult team to get a result against , as his teams at home has only won 4 in all of his 35 matches .
I'm not a great fan of that sort of stat tbh. I thought we had enough chances in the game at The Emirates to have won 2 games. We didn't take them, and paid the price.

The management team, note management team and not just the manager, can justifiably be criticised for the set up at Old Trafford but not the game at Arsenal imo.

Problem for me is Arsenal have started to look as if they're buying into Arteta's ideas. And they have a decent strike pairing, not to mention Martinelli in reserve who would walk into our first team. I expect us to play an open-ish game but I'm afraid that will play into Arsenal's hands. Can't really see anything other than a defeat here I'm afraid. Hopefully Leno might have one or two of his mad moments.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:13 am
Clayton wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:09 am Not looking promising if Moyes record against the top six is anything to go by as I am pretty sure Arsenal are his most difficult team to get a result against , as his teams at home has only won 4 in all of his 35 matches .
I'm not a great fan of that sort of stat tbh. I thought we had enough chances in the game at The Emirates to have won 2 games. We didn't take them, and paid the price.

The management team, note management team and not just the manager, can justifiably be criticised for the set up at Old Trafford but not the game at Arsenal imo.

Problem for me is Arsenal have started to look as if they're buying into Arteta's ideas. And they have a decent strike pairing, not to mention Martinelli in reserve who would walk into our first team. I expect us to play an open-ish game but I'm afraid that will play into Arsenal's hands. Can't really see anything other than a defeat here I'm afraid. Hopefully Leno might have one or two of his mad moments.
I actually WANT us to play a defensive game .

You’re correct , anything else will play into their hands .

But , for a fucking change , a defensive approach with the personnel in the line up capable of breaking out and threatening with some semblance of pace .

Not the shit we usually get against the Sky 6
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:37 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:13 am

I actually WANT us to play a defensive game .

You’re correct , anything else will play into their hands .

But , for a fucking change , a defensive approach with the personnel in the line up capable of breaking out and threatening with some semblance of pace .

Not the shit we usually get against the Sky 6
Imo our set up and approach against Manchester City was an example of how to play against a better side. Why we didn't set up the same way against United only Moyes and his coaching staff know. We could easily have slotted Lanzini into the Fornals role. Not as good of course but a better option than bringing Noble in which stifled us in an attacking sense.

For me that was what made Sunday so disappointing. We came within a whisker of taking a point against the best team in the league at City and, although I obviously accept that missing Fornals and, of course, Lingard were big negatives we could, and should, have introduced more offensive options.

And not offensive in the way that Noble's inclusion was. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

If he insists on an ultra defensive line up, then Benrhama has to play, near Antonio. Otherwise, we will have nothing
Covid in the Boardroom