Hands off our Messiah

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Hands off our Messiah

Post by palerider »

So Celtic are sniffing around Moysie. Just when he's leading us to the promised land of Thursdays in Albania.

Well they can fuck right off.

I'm sure the draw of offal, McSwibbles 50 year old single malt, deep-fried maltesers, heroin and a tam' o' shanter wearing lake monster is hard to ignore, along with distant memories of the skirl o' the pipes, swarms of midges and incessant rain, but if it takes a pay rise, a new contract and some racy pics of wee Nicola posing naked in a bath of porridge then Shyster & Shyster should sort it now.

Bilic oooot !

Whiskyman

Re: Hands off our Messiah

Post by Whiskyman »

I mentioned on another thread that it wouldn't surprise me if the super massive club, as they like to see themselves, from north of the border came sniffing. And let's face it Brenda went up there because he knew he couldn't win trophies in England even though he had held one of the biggest jobs here. Moyes would undoubtedly win trophies there too. FFS you or I would.

Pretty much guarantees a few European ventures against the lesser lights until, as Brenda found out, PSG or Barcelona appear on the horizon and you become the patsys in a kind of shooting practice training session.

And of course he is one of the skirt wearing breed which possibly might appeal. But Mr N mentioned on the aforementioned other thread that his family all support the other self styled massive club up there. Which surprised me as he played for Celtic and I had assumed, wrongly it seems, that those who don't attend mass every week were banned from playing for them in the same way the other lot wouldn't have you on the books even if you were Lionel Messi at the peak of your powers.

Wonder if either would appoint Avram Grant. :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

dorsetdano

Post by dorsetdano »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:02 am I mentioned on another thread that it wouldn't surprise me if the super massive club, as they like to see themselves, from north of the border came sniffing. And let's face it Brenda went up there because he knew he couldn't win trophies in England even though he had held one of the biggest jobs here. Moyes would undoubtedly win trophies there too. FFS you or I would.

Pretty much guarantees a few European ventures against the lesser lights until, as Brenda found out, PSG or Barcelona appear on the horizon and you become the patsys in a kind of shooting practice training session.

And of course he is one of the skirt wearing breed which possibly might appeal. But Mr N mentioned on the aforementioned other thread that his family all support the other self styled massive club up there. Which surprised me as he played for Celtic and I had assumed, wrongly it seems, that those who don't attend mass every week were banned from playing for them in the same way the other lot wouldn't have you on the books even if you were Lionel Messi at the peak of your powers.

Celtic have never been prejudiced in terms of players. Kenny Dalgleish is a protestant and I think he played for them for a while.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

dorsetdano wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:49 am
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:02 am I mentioned on another thread that it wouldn't surprise me if the super massive club, as they like to see themselves, from north of the border came sniffing. And let's face it Brenda went up there because he knew he couldn't win trophies in England even though he had held one of the biggest jobs here. Moyes would undoubtedly win trophies there too. FFS you or I would.

Celtic have never been prejudiced in terms of players. Kenny Dalgleish is a protestant and I think he played for them for a while.
I stand corrected. I know that there was once a big commotion when Rangers signed a catholic (Mo Johnston from Watford I think) and at least one of their supporters clubs refused to recognise the trophies they won where his goals contributed to them.

Totally laughable, and tbh I thought the other lot were as bad. Still can't take either of them seriously though.

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

Not a fucking chance of him going there.

Tin pot league where both Lennon and Strachan won a load of trophies despite being failed premier league managers and Gerrard is having an unbeaten season despite having the managerial experience of Phil Neville.

Its bottom of the championship level with 2 clubs getting a decent crowd.

Rodgers left as soon as a decent offer came in and walked away from a league title trophy.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

only1salty wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:39 pm Not a fucking chance of him going there.

Tin pot league where both Lennon and Strachan won a load of trophies despite being failed premier league managers and Gerrard is having an unbeaten season despite having the managerial experience of Phil Neville.

Rodgers left as soon as a decent offer came in and walked away from a league title trophy.
But Rodgers went there in the first place. Presumably because he knew he'd win trophies there which he was unable to do in England. So why wouldn't Moyes be tempted ? Moyes is Scottish after all which surely suggests if an offer came along blind nationalistic pride may have a part to play which wouldn't have applied in Rodgers' case.

As I said earlier if you managed one of the Glasgow teams and I managed the other at least one of us would win a few trophies to embellish our cvs with.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:43 pm
only1salty wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:39 pm Not a fucking chance of him going there.

But Rodgers went there in the first place. Presumably because he knew he'd win trophies there which he was unable to do in England. So why wouldn't Moyes be tempted ? Moyes is Scottish after all which surely suggests if an offer came along blind nationalistic pride may have a part to play which wouldn't have applied in Rodgers' case.

As I said earlier if you managed one of the Glasgow teams and I managed the other at least one of us would win a few trophies to embellish our cvs with.
Let's also not overlook the benefit of not working for David Sullivan. That in itself would see me living in Hillhead, high on the Glasgow hog and two fingers to that little faerie

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

Brenda had been out of a job for 7 months before taking the Celtic job. He didn't leave gainful employment in the Premier League to go and win a trophy he took a career step to get back on the bike

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Hardly a test of one’s managerial skills in Jocko land
A two horse race.
The piss smelling hooped cunts could put the fucking tea lady in charge.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

only1salty wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:11 pm

Brenda had been out of a job for 7 months before taking the Celtic job. He didn't leave gainful employment in the Premier League to go and win a trophy he took a career step to get back on the bike
There was cynical old me thinking Brenda took his sabbatical as he would have lost part of his contract pay off if he'd taken a job much earlier. ;) A bit similar to why I suspect Pochettino was "unemployed" for so long before taking over at PSG.

In any case am I not right in thinking Moyes is only contracted until 30th June and has still not been offered/signed a new contract ?