Hands off our Messiah

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

Re: Hands off our Messiah

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:23 pm
palerider wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:36 pm

It is. And mine is that Benrahma is worth persevering with.

As for changing the system to accommodate a player, we changed the system because one player got injured and it was working bloody well before that happened.
We have no choice but to persevere with him and hope he lives up to the hype he attracted when playing for Brentford. Fingers crossed , bot playing in the PL is a far cry from thrashing around at Barnsley and Rotherham.

And I agree the system was working very well until Masuaku got crocked. I mentioned it because you alluded to a change of system and suggested he and Lingard couldn't play together.
I might be tempted to move Benrahama on - try and get the money back. With Lingard he is not needed or rather we could do well with having the dough to buy the striker that is needed.

Said is a good player but his contributions are mostly odd flourishes and pleasing on the eye embroidery. You would not class him as one of the 'solids' in the squad.

Once Fornals returns he goes back on the bench anyway. If he was a SATNAV you would probably end up turning it off...surprises are all well and good, but sometimes you just want to go from A to B without a tour of the rest of the alphabet...

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

We all have differing views on Benny but for me he is the only fucking player we have that makes me get off my seat so to speak ,he does over egg it at times though I must say.
A goal will do him the world of good imo

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

palerider wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:36 pm

It is. And mine is that Benrahma is worth persevering with.

As for changing the system to accommodate a player, we changed the system because one player got injured and it was working bloody well before that happened.
We have no choice but to persevere with him and hope he lives up to the hype he attracted when playing for Brentford. Fingers crossed , bot playing in the PL is a far cry from thrashing around at Barnsley and Rotherham.

And I agree the system was working very well until Masuaku got crocked. I mentioned it because you alluded to a change of system and suggested he and Lingard couldn't play together.
Begs the question,do you think he was a Moyes or Sullivan signing?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:37 pm We all have differing views on Benny but for me he is the only fucking player we have that makes me get off my seat so to speak ,he does over egg it at times though I must say.
A goal will do him the world of good imo
Do agree with this, and his work rate/pressing has improved a lot since he joined us. However yesterday he did leave that side exposed and fully expect him to be dropped for Fornals in our next game.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:54 pm

Begs the question,do you think he was a Moyes or Sullivan signing?
I do not claim to be ITK but my grey matter tells me it was a situation where the dwarf saw an opportunity to sell; an average player (Diangana) for a decent fee and bring in someone whom he felt could be the next Messi. And, just as he was with the signings of Wilshere, Hart and going way back McCarthy, his ego just had to be massaged. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And if Moyes accepted the situation he must also accept the consequences.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?