T V Football Coverage.

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

T V Football Coverage.

Post by Whiskyman »

One thing is really starting to piss me off whenever I watch a t v game. Inevitably at some point during the proceedings the commentator comes out with something along the lines of Apologies if you heard any inappropriate language.

It's happening pretty much every match. I've actually never heard anything and Mrs W, who occasionally endures sitting in the same room as me when the footy is on, has never commented on hearing anything "inappropriate", and believe me she would if she did, if you get my drift. I can only assume O don't hear someone saying something along the lines of I say, referee i suggest you might like to reconsider that decision because I have the simulated crowd noise on.

But the constant apologies wind me up tbh.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Re: T V Football Coverage.

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:21 am One thing is really starting to piss me off whenever I watch a t v game. Inevitably at some point during the proceedings the commentator comes out with something along the lines of Apologies if you heard any inappropriate language.

It's happening pretty much every match. I've actually never heard anything and Mrs W, who occasionally endures sitting in the same room as me when the footy is on, has never commented on hearing anything "inappropriate", and believe me she would if she did, if you get my drift. I can only assume O don't hear someone saying something along the lines of I say, referee i suggest you might like to reconsider that decision because I have the simulated crowd noise on.

That will be the players effing & jeffing. They seem to use 'fuck' in every sentence - even when talking to the ref - however I have yet to hear the 'C' word.

Clive Tyldesley would like to work the phrase 'industrial language' into his script when he wasn't ruminating about 'industrial tackles'

'For me Clive, he's got to go for that' - player recieves a finger wag from the ref.

'We apologise if you heard some industrial language a momemt ago...'

'FFS Clive, he hasn't sent him off !'

'Again we apologise...'

Whiskyman

Re: T V Football Coverage.

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:05 am
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:21 am One thing is really starting to piss me off whenever I watch a t v game. Inevitably at some point during the proceedings the commentator comes out with something along the lines of Apologies if you heard any inappropriate language.

That will be the players effing & jeffing. They seem to use 'fuck' in every sentence - even when talking to the ref - however I have yet to hear the 'C' word.

Clive Tyldesley would like to work the phrase 'industrial language' into his script when he wasn't ruminating about 'industrial tackles'

'For me Clive, he's got to go for that' - player recieves a finger wag from the ref.

'We apologise if you heard some industrial language a momemt ago...'

'FFS Clive, he hasn't sent him off !'

'Again we apologise...'
But is the language "inappropriate". If some hulking great mammoth of a Burnley defender kicked me 3 feet in the air I think it would be inappopriate if I said something along the lines of Splendid tackle old boy .

If I was one of that odd breed who toddle off to church every Sunday and found the sermon a bit dry it might be deemed inappropriate if I suddenly leapt up from my pew and shouted Come on Rev, liven the fuck up, or even turn the other cheek my arse, slap the motherfucker but a coach or team mate addressing a Sebastian Haller figure would probably consider the words suitable in their context. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?