Man City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Dagger

Re: Man City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Dagger »

Team played so well everyone of them
Only thing I think would have been done if fabs was playing was he would have come for the first goal and cleared everyone out but other than that great watch and came close to getting a point whufc_crest

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:05 pm
dagenhamdave wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:22 pm Poor defending has cost us in this game plus poor passing in general.
I have never been a fan of Fornals and still not.
Johnson was out of his depth and never should have started.
Fornals was one of our best players today,if not,the best in my opinion.His tackling and passing were excellent.

What game did you watch Daggers? :o
Sky rated four WH players above him and only gave him a 6.
The Mail also rated four WH players above him and only gave him a 6.5, but gave Jessie a 8.5.
Perhaps I do not rate him as high as you or some others on here?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

We were not disgraced today , well done lads , well done Moyes .

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

dagenhamdave wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:54 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:05 pm

Fornals was one of our best players today,if not,the best in my opinion.His tackling and passing were excellent.

What game did you watch Daggers? :o
The Mail also rated four WH players above him and only gave him a 6.5, but gave Jessie a 8.5.
That is fair enough..You are entitled to your opinion and they are too,but what I see.I thought he was the best player on the park Dave.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Towie wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:04 pm
JayK wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:11 pm Not disheartened or embarrassed. Can be proud of our performance. Did tire after their goal which was prob when we needed to put subs on but we’ll brush ourselves off and keep some confidence for the next one. Leeds next ain’t it? I’m confident.
Spot on mate, didn’t disgrace ourselves today.
Another day that Diop header goes in and we get a draw that no one could argue with.

That was a much better effort against a sky 6 team, even better for me than last weeks game vs Spuds.
Yep, he just started his run a fraction too early for that header didn’t he. Shame. Also think Fabianski saves that 1st goal if he played.
As mentioned by others, when we pressed them in midfield, they didn’t like it up em mr manwaring and consequently misplaced passes and lost the ball. How we got our goal.
Motm for me was Coufal. Love what he does and brings to the team and for me HAS to be in the nominations for HOTY.
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:32 pm
dagenhamdave wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:54 pm

That is fair enough..You are entitled to your opinion and they are too,but what I see.I thought he was the best player on the park Dave.
I also thought Fornals was excellent. As, for that matter, did Guardiola who has won a lot more trophies than any of us cunts, or the bigger cunts who award marks in the papers..

But best player on the park ? That's a stretch. There were a lot of good ones out there today and we have to accept that some of them were wearing blue.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

I had to go to Miami for work this morning so I did not get to see the game. I have taped it and will watch a little later.

Having said that, everyone I spoke to has told me how well we played, how unlucky we were and how we deserve the draw.

Against Man Citeh, that is saying something.
Flairon

garnett

Post by garnett »

Once again our manager failed to react, a substitute was needed after an hour, they got on 83rd min.
Least it wasn't 4-0 again.

JayK

Post by JayK »

garnett wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:01 am Once again our manager failed to react, a substitute was needed after an hour, they got on 83rd min.
Least it wasn't 4-0 again.
Yep. Antonio was blowing out his arse. Subs def needed sooner than they arrived
COYI!!!

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Could've nicked a point at the death, weak fucking header, but didn't. Done truckloads better than anyone could've imagined or predicted. Team looks settled apart from a tweak here and ther so onwards and upwards!!! Hey ,but lets find the negatives like late substitutions.

Edit. Another sunny sunday night with no lockdowns here in tas. Few beers gone so don't take any notice of my posts.
Come on you fucking irons!!!!!!!!
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............