Man City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: Man City vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by palerider »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:09 pm
JayK wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:43 pm I’m going for a draw. Bold I know but hey, fuck it, why not. Not even had a beer yet
Stranger things have happened my good man.
I suggest you start drinking heavily from tomorrow.
Maybe start with dot4 brake fluid, moving on to radiator enamel and boot polish, before finally ending with industrial strength drain cleaner just before kick off. Works for me.
I have a batch of poteen that's been fermenting for 8 months and this is just the occasion.

It's a secret recipe but let's just say Yeovil Hospital may have mislaid 8 litres of surgical ethanol and a few gallons of locally sourced crop spray may have gone missing.

I'll start about 7am.

Getting the pork scratchings in today.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

I've been quite impressed with Man City this season and the side is interestingly different to any other in Guardiola's time there. The ecessive tactical fouling isn't going on anymore either. And the divings stopped.

We have been good defensively with our resolute shut-out defending. And very good aerially. However I've noticed that City tend not to hoof the ball into the box too often. That's a bit unfair as it doesn't play to our strengths.

Under Pellegrini we would lose this 5-0 and under David Moyes V2, we have some hope of avoiding 'old style' humiliation.

I think we will have had a good afternoon if we score twice...

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:48 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:57 pm
Best team in England by some distance. Best team in Europe ? If they walk off with the Champions League trophy they'll deserve that accolade but at the moment they still have to prove it. Hopefully they will meet Bayern in the final. They are the two stand outs imo. Although I have a feeling in my gut that PSG might get to the final again and win the thing this time.
If we finish 5th,we will be cheering from the rafters if they reach the Final,because we'd get the extra place.
What extra place ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

tassiehammer wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:23 am
JayK wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:01 am City have won 18 on the bounce (13 league). With a little luck, a decent ref and our notable defensive resilience we can Nick a point. Moyes may well respect them too much though like he did Liverpool
I bet he regrets the negativity against them now. That was the last game the dippers looked any good and we let them.
I hope he regrets. Maybe we shoulda played like Burnley 🙈
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:11 pm

If we finish 5th,we will be cheering from the rafters if they reach the Final,because we'd get the extra place.
What extra place ?
If Citeh , the Victims or Chelsea win the Cl and finish top 4 the 5th place team make CL also .

Unless Citeh or Victims win the CL and finish top 4 and Chelsea win Europa , in which case the 5th place team don’t .
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:24 pm

What extra place ?
If Citeh , the Victims or Chelsea win the Cl and finish top 4 the 5th place team make CL also .

Unless Citeh or Victims win the CL and finish top 4 and Chelsea win Europa , in which case the 5th place team don’t .
I assume you mean if Spurs or Arsenal win the Europa. Chelsea aren't in it. Tuchel might be good, but he ain't that good. ;)

And far be it from me to question your knowledge but are you sure about 5th place if City win it ? I thought the only way 5 teams from one country could qualify was by the 5th one winning the Europa League, and not finishing in their country's top 4. And if the 5th place IS available like that, wouldn't it also apply if Chelsea won the Champions League and also finished in the top 4 ?

I think I'll go and lie down now.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:57 am
Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:09 pm

Stranger things have happened my good man.
I suggest you start drinking heavily from tomorrow.
Maybe start with dot4 brake fluid, moving on to radiator enamel and boot polish, before finally ending with industrial strength drain cleaner just before kick off. Works for me.
I have a batch of poteen that's been fermenting for 8 months and this is just the occasion.

It's a secret recipe but let's just say Yeovil Hospital may have mislaid 8 litres of surgical ethanol and a few gallons of locally sourced crop spray may have gone missing.

I'll start about 7am.

Getting the pork scratchings in today.
Splendid delivery.
I've managed to acquire some red diesel and a consignment of fresh chat from my Somalian friend goojoomi.
I shall be out to lunch for the foreseeable, until at least kick off.
Au revoir.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:33 pm
Newmarket wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:24 pm

I assume you mean if Spurs or Arsenal win the Europa. Chelsea aren't in it. Tuchel might be good, but he ain't that good. ;)

And far be it from me to question your knowledge but are you sure about 5th place if City win it ? I thought the only way 5 teams from one country could qualify was by the 5th one winning the Europa League, and not finishing in their country's top 4. And if the 5th place IS available like that, wouldn't it also apply if Chelsea won the Champions League and also finished in the top 4 ?

He’ll I meant Leicester .

https://www.hammers.news/champions-leag ... me-fourth/
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

What extra place ?
If City win it,England gets an extra place.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:22 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:33 pm

He’ll I meant Leicester .

https://www.hammers.news/champions-leag ... me-fourth/
It's late. The Tallisker is probably talking but I think I'll take the UEFA rules and regulations over Hammers News tbh. ;) Surely if Leicester win the Europa they qualify for the CL irrespective of where they finish in the PL? Same applies if Arsenal, Spurs or Man United win it.

I understand the scenarios where we could miss out. If, for example Everton win the F A Cup, Spurs win the Mickey Mouse and we finish 6th or lower. But I'm buggered if I can see anywhere where it says the 5th place team gets a CL place if Man City (or presumably Chelsea) win the CL and also finish top 4.

In fact if Liverpool win it and finish outside the top 4 as far as I can make out it's possible for the team finishing 5th to miss out on the Europa League.

But it's late, drink has been taken, and worrying about it is going to change absolutely fuck all, so I think a final nightcap and bed beckons.