How West Ham became great again

Chat about anything football related here!
BCHammer

How West Ham became great again

Post by BCHammer »

James IMO is one of the very best football YouTubers in the world. This video is spot on and he backs everything up with stats - some don't like them, but they are interesting and you simply do not get this sort of content from the TV analysts. It is good to get an objective view (he is a QPR fan) and for Moyes and the players to get some recognition that the position we find ourselves in is not just a fluke.

hd1

Re: How West Ham became great again

Post by hd1 »

What? Hang on, you mean Moyes isn't the dinosaur some profess him to be?

Who'd have thunk it

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

Impresive stuff...Just watched every second of that vid....makes it hard, if not impossible to argue against how we are doing and the reasons...and there must be a Lingard effect which he never mentioned...must give the team a huge boost.

JayK

Post by JayK »

I read a quote from Rice saying Soucek covered 17km in the Man Utd game. That’s just phenomenal. I used to struggle to do that in my old car 😂
COYI!!!

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

hd1 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:42 pm What? Hang on, you mean Moyes isn't the dinosaur some profess him to be?

Who'd have thunk it
Dinosaurs a bit strong, but at the end of the day he's won the community shield in the whole of his managerial career with arguably the biggest club in the Prem if not the world..
He's recruited really well so far, he's got us fit and commited to the cause.
He deserves great credit for what he has done this season, but he is not winning anything again this year except plaudits.
Out of all the old same old same old managers out there, he is probably the best fit, because we need someone who won't take any shit.
If he starts bringing in silverware, or at least having a go at winning something and not surrendering like he did against the Mancs, then he will win over the fans, supporters whatever you want to call them.
Can he repeat or even better the standards of this season, next season, with fans back in the grounds?. This is West Ham after all.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BCHammer wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:09 pm James IMO is one of the very best football YouTubers in the world. This video is spot on and he backs everything up with stats - some don't like them, but they are interesting and you simply do not get this sort of content from the TV analysts. It is good to get an objective view (he is a QPR fan) and for Moyes and the players to get some recognition that the position we find ourselves in is not just a fluke.

Thanks for posting that mate. I've watched hundreds of these things over the years and I can honestly say most of them I only watch once because they're utter crap. But this guy knows his stuff and puts it over very well. Problem is it won't go down well with the "Moyes outers". Particularly the bit about doing things gradually and not spending top dollar on players based on their name, rather than their character.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

hd1

Post by hd1 »

He's called a dinosaur on here by many people, many times.

but one step at a time eh? He's turned a disjointed side fighting relegation into a side pushing for a top 6 place in less than 12 months, and you want silverware?

It's up to the fans in the stadium whether the performances we are seeing will be enough to cheer on the players and provide a cup tie atmosphere week in week out. Although given it didn't happen at the Boleyn I suspect it won't happen at the LS.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

hd1 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:54 pm He's called a dinosaur on here by many people, many times.

but one step at a time eh? He's turned a disjointed side fighting relegation into a side pushing for a top 6 place in less than 12 months, and you want silverware?

It's up to the fans in the stadium whether the performances we are seeing will be enough to cheer on the players and provide a cup tie atmosphere week in week out. Although given it didn't happen at the Boleyn I suspect it won't happen at the LS.
Silverware is overrated imo. Let's face it the PL trophy is the one that matters. The CL trophy obviously, but that is the preserve of the really big beasts.

For me I'd much rather see us qualify for Europe than, for example win a domestic cup. European qualification should be a recognition that a team is one of it's countries leading representatives, earned by being a consistently good performer throughout the season. To win a cup a team only has to win, what, 5 or 6 matches. FFS these days they don't even have to actually win if their players can take decent penalties. We had to get through 6 games to win the bloody Inter Toto cup FFS and no one ever mentions that. :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Great Vids and enjoyed it.

This is the 2nd time I felt really happy to see West Ham grown this season since I first started supporting in 1989 and massive crediti to Moyes, his recruitment teams, coaching and fitness teams that made massive difference from Pellegrini time..

All I hope this season NOT to be a 1 season wondered like in 2015-16 but to be consistency in top half as Moyes did to Everton.

When Moyes left in 2018, he went to RB Leipzig and Salzberg whom both teams had a very good young, hungry players and Moyes studies them how they became from average club to join Bayern Munich, Barcelona and Real Madrid level. Moyes want to transform West Ham into the level of RB Leipzig and we are growing which I am pleased. I don't want to see any big signing players like Anderson or Haller that they only come here to bounce to bigger clubs.

Long it may continue......
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

hd1 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:54 pm He's called a dinosaur on here by many people, many times.

Didn't say I want silverware right now anywhere in my post. Said if he produces silverware. Also seen many a cup tie at Upton Park, as it's known by, where the crowd has been the twelth man.