That 3rd relegation spot

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: That 3rd relegation spot

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:31 am
palerider wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:26 am Palarse not only had just two shots on target last night but had just two touches in the pillow-biters area. And scored two worldies apparently.

Which puts the cat amongst the pigeons for Brighton. I don't dislike them and I think Graham Potter is a good up and coming manager but the phrase 'couldn't score in a brothel' was never more apt.

As for Palarse, despite the win, a cheat-less team spells what the future holds as he'll not be there next season.

Pipe and slippers time Woy.
Flicked the game on to see the latest score just as Palace scored their first goal. Quality finish. That Mateta could be a steal for what they paid. Scored a good few goals for Mainz who are having a pretty crap season in the Bundesliga.
I didn't watch a minute of it. Thankfully.

Mateta's on loan with an option to buy I think. He may or may not be a steal but their biggest problem awaits in the summer when the black Tom Daley will demand a transfer again and probably get his wish this time.

In Eze they have a very good talent but an ageing defence and very little depth means the Zaha money will need to be spent wisely. If ever there was a one-man team they're it. And they'll also need a new manager I reckon as I don't think Woy will fancy the gig for another season.

They'll just be safe this year but I'd lump on if I were a betting man for the drop next time round.

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

^ "but I'd lump on if I were a betting man for the drop next time round."... can but hope..

Dagger

Post by Dagger »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:12 pm
Dagger wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:56 pm hope its the Geordies for me

never will forgive them throwing the petrol bomb at us up there

we may have deserved it but that's not the point :evil:
I was at that game , but up in the seats. Visiting fans were to the left of where I was sitting. But sadly in those times most fans of most clubs deserved everything that was thrown at them (no pun intended) back then. Only time I have ever been involved in a punch up at a match was at St Andrews , that's Birmingham City of course not the bloody golf course, and that was with one of our own scroats. Tried using my shoulder to climb over to have a go at some Brum fans and his mate took exception when I planted one on the bloke's jaw. :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Fuck me mate, he's one of us" was his whining response. There were some cunts about back then. And if memory serves we lost the bloody game as well.
:lol: was at the brum game as well if its the one that went of at the far end and loads of fans were trying to get
over the fence to get to the other end

didn't realise we had seats up in Newcastle back then, we were herded into that end, they were hoping we could build them a bike shed I think as the amount of bricks they threw at us was silly

as soon as the gates opened the streets were empty, funny that

was a wanker in my younger days as some were, nothing better to do and stupid or should I say didn't care

soon as marriage and kids came along I grew up 6 years home and away become home games only and hands in pockets ( my pockets ;) ) used to know loads of great fellas but they never seemed to able to stop themselves so had to part company as I could not afford to get arrested

the fire bomb was because one of our famous chaps was kicking the fook out of every pub on the way to the ground
petrol bomb was slightly over the top and surprised me they could afford the petrol :lol:

keep safe
Dagger

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:31 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:31 am

Flicked the game on to see the latest score just as Palace scored their first goal. Quality finish. That Mateta could be a steal for what they paid. Scored a good few goals for Mainz who are having a pretty crap season in the Bundesliga.
I didn't watch a minute of it. Thankfully.

Mateta's on loan with an option to buy I think. He may or may not be a steal but their biggest problem awaits in the summer when the black Tom Daley will demand a transfer again and probably get his wish this time.

In Eze they have a very good talent but an ageing defence and very little depth means the Zaha money will need to be spent wisely. If ever there was a one-man team they're it. And they'll also need a new manager I reckon as I don't think Woy will fancy the gig for another season.

They'll just be safe this year but I'd lump on if I were a betting man for the drop next time round.
You are correct as usual.. €3 mill loan fee and an option to buy after 18 months at €15 mill apparently.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?