Champions League Expansion

Chat about anything football related here!
dorsetdano

Re: Champions League Expansion

Post by dorsetdano »

Parry Hotter wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:22 am
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:53 pm

That's the whole point Terry. We do know. The original meetings took place, as I say, when Bates was still the owner of Chelsea and one publication, I think it was the Italian Gazzetta della Sport published the minutes. They were well reported in the press all round Europe at the time, not just some recycled news dredged up by some wannabe on his website.

Problem is, as we're seeing with, among other things, all the crap about vaccines and so forth, there are a lot of people out there who believe every word they see.

But of course every major league in Europe wouldn't want their top clubs to leave. All very well telling the likes of Liverpool and Man United to fuck off but how much do you think anyone would pay for what was left ? Not a lot would be my guess. Imo the so called Super League will never happen. It would have happened back in 2004 or whenever it was if it was going to get off the ground.
I remember Bates giving it large about how Chelsea had to be in the super league and not long after they nearly went bust before the Russian came and bailed them out.
Where is that Toad Bates these days. He was mainly responsible imho for Wembley costing so bloody much and as a consequence the FA Cup being devalued by playing the bloody semi's there. He was also quoted many years ago as saying football tickets were way under priced, by comparing the price of a ticket, to how much it cost to watch opera at the Royal Opera House; clearly a man of the people. Trouble is eventually he got his way and Association Football is on its way to becoming Socer (intentional miss-spelling) as American based Global companies start flexing their financial clout in the game. :mrgreen: :twisted: kickimmuts

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:02 am
terrya1965 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:41 pm

Don't know whether I have already said on here,but Moyes has changed half the team since last February.

The players we have brought in have a good attitude,great fitness and a strong mentality..Different to the likes of the Anderson's and Haller's in the team who have just strolled around in games.

Before this time last year,teams would walk over us,because we didn't have the above,

If 60,000 fans were allowed there on Sunday,you would probablty see the best atmosphere heard in that stadium.
Unless the same thing happened that we saw at WHL and we went 3 down inside the first 20 minutes. If that happened there is no way on this fucking earth we would have come back to draw the game 3-3. Fucking place would be three quarters empty by half time. Would have been the same at the old gaff as well.
Think that would be the same anywhere tbh WM.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

dorsetdano wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:58 am
Parry Hotter wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:22 am

I remember Bates giving it large about how Chelsea had to be in the super league and not long after they nearly went bust before the Russian came and bailed them out.
Where is that Toad Bates these days. He was mainly responsible imho for Wembley costing so bloody much and as a consequence the FA Cup being devalued by playing the bloody semi's there. He was also quoted many years ago as saying football tickets were way under priced, by comparing the price of a ticket, to how much it cost to watch opera at the Royal Opera House; clearly a man of the people. Trouble is eventually he got his way and Association Football is on its way to becoming Socer (intentional miss-spelling) as American based Global companies start flexing their financial clout in the game. :mrgreen: :twisted: kickimmuts
He's still alive and living in Monaco. I remember the interview he gave about prices for football and, tbh, with my economics hat on he was spot on. Someone had phoned in and said the tickets at Chelsea were too expensive and he answered by asking how that could be the case when the place was sold out every week. Difficult to argue with his logic tbh.

Not too sure about his idea of putting up an electric fence round the perimeter though. Remember that ? :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

dorsetdano

Post by dorsetdano »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:19 am
dorsetdano wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:58 am
He's still alive and living in Monaco. I remember the interview he gave about prices for football and, tbh, with my economics hat on he was spot on. Someone had phoned in and said the tickets at Chelsea were too expensive and he answered by asking how that could be the case when the place was sold out every week. Difficult to argue with his logic tbh.

Not too sure about his idea of putting up an electric fence round the perimeter though. Remember that ? :lol:
I do now that you mention it!

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Imagine that now in this snowflake world he would be likened to Heinrich Himmler.