Putting This Season Into Perspective,(League)

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

Re: Putting This Season Into Perspective,(League)

Post by BlackDiamond »

What a great interview by Declan who is a fantastic lad - and on the penalty, he showed clever psychology: he didn't demand the ball from Jesse citing that he was designated taker but appealed to him, saying don't make me look bad in front of the gaffer. Top darts

h69

Post by h69 »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:32 pm No doubt in my mind that if the fans were allowed back we’d be in a relegation battle.

Never let little things like the football get in the way of the proper objective.

GSB OUT !
Shows how poor our support is. Too many fans, not enough supporters.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Well one things for sure them two cunts wouldn’t be getting such an easy fucking ride if the fans were back

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

It's a funny ol' game. Sitting fifth, playing some decent stuff most of the time.
Why can't I enjoy it 🙄😂

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:32 pm No doubt in my mind that if the fans were allowed back we’d be in a relegation battle.

Never let little things like the football get in the way of the proper objective.

GSB OUT !
Unfortunately I think you’re on the money with that comment. I’ll actually go further and say there are a sizeable number who would like to see us fail to further whatever their particular cause, Moyes out, Board out,happens to be.

The twefth man too often plays for the opposition at our gaff.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:34 pm What a great interview by Declan who is a fantastic lad - and on the penalty, he showed clever psychology: he didn't demand the ball from Jesse citing that he was designated taker but appealed to him, saying don't make me look bad in front of the gaffer. Top darts

Great player, great bloke. We should give him a 10 year contract
COYI!!!

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Enjoying it whilst it lasts, but remain eternally pessimistic.
Flairon

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Flairon wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:42 am Enjoying it whilst it lasts, but remain eternally pessimistic.
That is pretty much my take on it. The only time in all my years supporting the club I've been optimistic about our prospects was at the end of 1985/86. The nucleus of a very good side that made a consistent challenge for the league title. I genuinely thought, silly , gullible cunt that I was back then, that the club would add to the squad and bring in just two or three decent players to beef up the squad to build on our challenge.

That optimism lasted until the day we decided to sell Paul Goddard, a few weeks into the season, and weaken the squad, rather than doing the sensible thing. And it's been the same way ever since and will probably continue being for the very foreseeable future.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:16 am
Flairon wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:42 am Enjoying it whilst it lasts, but remain eternally pessimistic.
That is pretty much my take on it. The only time in all my years supporting the club I've been optimistic about our prospects was at the end of 1985/86. The nucleus of a very good side that made a consistent challenge for the league title. I genuinely thought, silly , gullible cunt that I was back then, that the club would add to the squad and bring in just two or three decent players to beef up the squad to build on our challenge.

That optimism lasted until the day we decided to sell Paul Goddard, a few weeks into the season, and weaken the squad, rather than doing the sensible thing. And it's been the same way ever since and will probably continue being for the very foreseeable future.
Of course . The same thing happened during (jan) and after the Payet season .
Taking this January just gone into consideration I think it’s fair to say that there is a pattern emerging .

With clubs likely to be clamouring for the signatures of Rice and Soucek and the likely loss of Lingard , alongside our wonderful boards , shall we say reluctance to invest the clubs money , I fully expect our squad to be weaker going into next season regardless of where we finish in the league this.

Just in case there’s anybody out there who hasn’t seen me quote our chairman in the summer of 1986 before :lol: here it is again .
“You’ve just finished 3rd in the league John . Why on earth would you need any new players ?”.
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:16 am

The trouble is we have had some class players over the years,but too many average one's.

Take 66 for example,with the World Cup Winners.We could have brought Banksie in 67.but Greenwood had promised Bobby Ferguson that he would sign him.

In 1979,Reg Pratt brought Phil Parkes.His last bit of business before retiring.

We did buy Paul Goddard after our FA cup win,but since then,there has been little ambition and the likes of Brown,milking the club.