Bin Dippers

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: Bin Dippers

Post by h69 »

Towie wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:37 am
h69 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:59 am

Depends what you say and whether what you say is justified in my opinion. In my mind, the comment you made was pretty negative about the way the team played. That is just how I saw your comment. That is cleary your opinion and you are entitled to it.
My opinion is different and I think there are more facets to football than just looking good and attacking at all cost. Differing opinion to yours, I thought that was how forums work or are we not allowed to enjoy doing the double over a supposed 'stylish' side that cannot defend for toffee.
So you think it negative for me to question the 2nd half tactics, When the 1st half tactics were working?

You seem to be satisfied with whatever happens, I will always hope Moyes looks at ways to which we can improve.

If that makes me negative so be it.
No....I said it was a negative comment. It was not a positive comment was it ?
I thought that Leeds 2nd half performance meant we had to change in the second half and we did that and it worked.

I was far more disappointed with the performance yesterday than the Leeds game.

Towie

Post by Towie »

h69 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:55 pm
Towie wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:37 am

So you think it negative for me to question the 2nd half tactics, When the 1st half tactics were working?

You seem to be satisfied with whatever happens, I will always hope Moyes looks at ways to which we can improve.

If that makes me negative so be it.
I thought that Leeds 2nd half performance meant we had to change in the second half and we did that and it worked.

Well to be pedantic it was a question not a comment.

People moaning about people been negative, I asked is it negative to question tactics of sitting on your 18yd box? You think it is, so be it I’m negative.

Me, I believe we should always be questioning and challenging, otherwise how do you improve?

You must be tearing your hair out with all the negative questions about the tactics of last nights game. :roll:
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:02 pm
h69 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:03 pm

I thought Leeds were good in the second half but their finishing was poor. That said, they had 17 shots and 2 on target and we had 16 shots and 5 on target so ultimately we were defensively far better and our attack was more clinical.

Opposing views are allowed surely.
Of course they are , that’s what this place and places like it are for .
Do you not though , think that it was a dangerous game to play ? Pretty much inviting them on and saying “ wotcha gonna do” ?
A team with a better class of striker may well have scored the goals to reflect their possessional dominance.

After all Dirty Leeds did creat a lot of goal scoring opportunities.
I get that defending is a big part of the game , and no doubt we’ll be witnessing plenty of that on Sunday , but I think Towie was trying to point out that their defence isn’t much cop and why take the chance of letting a 2 goal lead slip when attack may have been the best form of defence in this case ?

Ultimately, yes , the tactic worked , but unless we get an early 2 goal lead from somewhere on Sunday it won’t work against Man Utd.

Or Chelsea . And probably not Arsenal either.

In my opinion of course.
How very true, and proved correct on last night's performance.
Infuriating to watch us defend for 65 mins against any team, even more infuriating when we can play, as shown against City.

h69

Post by h69 »

Towie wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:33 pm
h69 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:55 pm

Well to be pedantic it was a question not a comment.

People moaning about people been negative, I asked is it negative to question tactics of sitting on your 18yd box? You think it is, so be it I’m negative.

Me, I believe we should always be questioning and challenging, otherwise how do you improve?

You must be tearing your hair out with all the negative questions about the tactics of last nights game. :roll:
Not really no. I agree with most of last night's comments as the tactics didn't work and we lost.