What will be our Final position and other questions?

Chat about anything football related here!
dorsetdano

Re: What will be our Final position and other questions?

Post by dorsetdano »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:22 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:12 pm if, yes a BIG IF......if West Ham finished 4th, Liverpool finished 6th with Chelsea 5th and if Liverpool win the Champions League and finished outside top 4, would that mean 4th place West Ham have to go to Europa? What if Liverpool 6th win the Champions League, Tottenham 9th win the Europaa League enroute to Champions League? That mean possible 6 clubs in Champions League if West Ham finished 4th..
https://www.hammers.news/champions-leag ... me-fourth/
If we finish 2nd it doesn't matter, straight in at the group stage, I believe... Or is the Buckie working....

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:22 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:12 pm if, yes a BIG IF......if West Ham finished 4th, Liverpool finished 6th with Chelsea 5th and if Liverpool win the Champions League and finished outside top 4, would that mean 4th place West Ham have to go to Europa? What if Liverpool 6th win the Champions League, Tottenham 9th win the Europaa League enroute to Champions League? That mean possible 6 clubs in Champions League if West Ham finished 4th..
https://www.hammers.news/champions-leag ... me-fourth/
Cheers mate, hope Man City win the European Champions and NONE of other English cubs to win the Europa..
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

Europe and early capitulation

Or a slightly extended run and a relegation battle

That's the two options given the owners.
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:32 pm
Gonzo wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:41 pm

This is my father. He's escaped from the care home and is currently walking the streets armed only with his mobile phone and a can of Special Brew.

If anyone finds him please return the mad bastard to the appropriate authorities.
I think the majority know his your Dad Gonzo.

Make some great points and has got us lot dreaming on here.
Don't encourage him Terry.

dorsetdano

Post by dorsetdano »

Gonzo wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:21 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:32 pm

I think the majority know his your Dad Gonzo.

Make some great points and has got us lot dreaming on here.
Don't encourage him Terry.
Always said Terry was a shrewd judge of character!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:31 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:56 am

Why would any club lose money in the Europa League.? Apparently clubs that get into the group stages receive just under 3 million Euros plus every group stage win pays 570,000 Euros. And of course there is TV money in addition and, at the moment BT show every UK teams matches.

Always makes me chuckle when all the "stans" get mentioned as possible negatives but teams from Holland, France and Belgium, not to mention Scotland, also take part you know. ;)

A good friend of mine , an Arsenal fan, hates the Europa League believing the Thursday/Sunday schedule screws up teams. But for the life of me I've never understood why it's harder to play on a Thursday and again on a Sunday rather than Wednesday followed by Saturday.

I'm probably in the minority but I like the Europa league as it gives clubs like us a chance of European competition once in a while. And of course would any of us ever get to sample the delights of Uzbekistan were it not for the football ?
I was curious so went for a butchers hook

https://sillyseason.com/money/europa-le ... ey-130308/

Not exactly peanuts.

Until you compare the prize money for the real thing

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.city ... -most/amp/
True enough. Peanuts by comparison but lose money ? Nope.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

7th

56 pts

2nd behind Chelsea

+6
Flairon

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

dorsetdano wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:59 am Everyone is going to laugh at me, but here it goes:-

2nd
+16

Here's my reckoning. Citeh and all of the teams around us are involved in one other important competitions (to their owners) at least. All the clubs are claiming their players are knackered, and results are backing that up. From now to the end of the season we only have one week where we play two games.

United (4 points ahead) are still in the FA Cup and Europa League, they will get to the next round of the Europa so that is a minimum of 4 more games than us (could be up to 11). Yes they have a big squad, but whenever Bruno Fernandez doesn't play they look shit and the guy is knackered.
Leicester (4 points ahead) also still in the FA Cup & Europa League, they will also play a minimum of 4 more games than us (could be to 11)
Chelsea also still in FA Cup & Champions League they will play a minimum of 3 more games than us (could be up to 10). Teucel is already beginning to lose it, subbing Hudson-Odoi 30 mins after he'd come on as a sub, will cause resentment in the squad. Also he continues to pick Werner when the guy is out of form/knackered. Chelsea's squad is a nightmare
Liverpool absolutely ravaged by injuries 5 points behind us, in Champions League; they will play a minimum of 2 more games (could be up to 7)
Everton 5 points behind and also still in the FA Cup, have one game in hand (unfortunately its vs WBA away) minimum 2 more games than us (could be 5)
Villa 9 points behind us, two games in hand; Grealish is injured
Spurs 9 points behind us , one game in hand. In League Cup final and Europa League, Minimum 4 more games than us, could be 8 more)
Arsenal 11 points behind us, minimum 3 more games, could be 7 more games.

Covid could trip up any of the above (or us)!

We need the key members of the squad to stay fit, Rice, Soucek, Dawson (can't believe I'm saying that), Fabianski, Ogbonna, Soufal, Lingard, Antonio. We also need some decisions going our way. Having had only one penalty this season is ridiculous. COYI
Excellent post DD, I am reminded of what a Watford poster had to say on the subject 'Craig Dawson is an incredible player. By moving from Watford to West Ham he has made two clubs' defences much better.'

The thing is - who's laughing now...

Secretariat73

Post by Secretariat73 »

Man Utd fixture falls between 1st and 2nd legs of Europa League Round of 16

Arsenal fixture falls just after 2nd leg of Europa League Round of 16

Leicester fixture falls between 1st and 2nd legs of Europa League Quarter-Finals

Chelsea fixture falls weekend before Champions League Semi-Finals

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

h69 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:08 pm
mkhammer wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:23 am

Think you need to re-read my post H...thats exactly what I said mate...you have(own) and run a business to make money...
if you own and run a company thats not realizing its potential,let someone else run it...tho you can still own it,or a good part of it.
If I'm not making enough money,so that I can't reinvest to make future profits...because my aim is short term cash profits,
therefore holding it back...my advisers would inform me I'm "Fuckin it up"..See my error and do something about it.
I don't think there is an error from their side of things. If you take the fans emotions out of it, they have bought a club, are making money out of it. Why would they step down ?

If they let someone else run it and still owned it, the money for transfers wont change. Maybe there would be a bit of better publicity but to be honest things would barely change
Nah you're right mate,no error from their side they are getting exactly what they want,get any loans to club back in as quick
as.. at what was 7% interest.. Subsidised by the TV Money...Easy Money,bit like skimming the profits,for short term gain.
Some people work that way...Take as much out,without having to put to much in...it works,but doesn't fulfill potential or
maximise profits.
Others would see potential and invest more...for the long term success of business/club.

Someone else runs it..they would take control of finances...money that's already in the club...not Sugos money,any
money generated, TV,Sales, Advertising..profits on players etc...would stay in the club...Sugo would take yearly
dividends or some other arrangement for their profits....be harder for them to syphon off funds at will...
But that needs cooperation from Owners,as they do actually own it(the club),and they're not answerable to shareholders,
so not gonna happen.