Thought I’d get in on the act ...

Chat about anything football related here!
mkhammer

Re: Thought I’d get in on the act ...

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:55 pm
mkhammer wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:30 pm

Gotta be honest not to sure how his returns are calculated...you might know better than me on that account.....account... :lol:
Mate...
Sugo Loaned us....our club............loans at 7%...but do believe they've been readjusted to somewhere round 4%...still
nice work if you can get it...not exact figures mate...
I know no more than you mate. Just remember reading about 7% at some point. No idea what Tripp’s agreement is but even iqf he’s only getting 4% it’s not a bad rate in today’s money market.
Think Andy made a good point....think there is something linked into future selling of the club......strange deal...

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

To be fair, Moyes has stated publicly that the money was there and he was authorized to sign a striker. However, he could not get the deal done and was not going to panic buy.
Flairon

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

mkhammer wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:30 pm

Gotta be honest not to sure how his returns are calculated...you might know better than me on that account.....account... :lol:
Mate...
Sugo Loaned us....our club............loans at 7%...but do believe they've been readjusted to somewhere round 4%...still
nice work if you can get it...not exact figures mate...
I know no more than you mate. Just remember reading about 7% at some point. No idea what Tripp’s agreement is but even iqf he’s only getting 4% it’s not a bad rate in today’s money market.
0% mate
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:56 am

0% mate
Not doubting your information mate, but what exactly would be the point of Tripp putting money into West Ham for zero return.?

Must be something like Andy posted, related to the eventual sale. In which case I guess we can assume the sale is pretty much guaranteed once 2023 arrives, otherwise his cash would just be gathering dust, probably forever.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:09 am If you had to pick a season where a club like West Ham United might stand a chance of challenging for a European spot then you probably couldn’t ask for a better season than this one.

David Moyes has done a truly magnificent job with the players at his disposal. He’s got the Hammers playing like a proper team for the first time since, hmmmm let me see, 15/16? Our last at the Boleyn? That ground we gave up for the London Stadium in what someone once described as “the most successful migration in history”. You remember the place, the one we traded for “a world class team in a world class stadium”. Yeah, of course you do.

And yet, in what is arguably the season to achieve real progress for a club like West Ham United, once again GSB’s running of our club ensures we fall short of our potential.

As yet another transfer window closes, it’s the same old story. Linked with every player under the sun and we finish up with one loan midfielder coming in and our only genuine striker being sold for half what we paid for him. The positions we’ve needed to bolster for years (yes, years) are still not addressed. The question is, why?

Could it be that David Moyes has not identified a single position that needed filling?

Could it be that he did but he couldn’t find any players, anywhere in the world, that could fill them?

I don’t believe either of these to be true.

Could it be that Moyes did identify both the positions and the players but GSB refused to stump up the money? You can put your answers on a great big flag as soon as Covid is over and Hammers United get thousands out on the streets again.

Six months ago Hammers United highlighted the fact that although David Sullivan had publicly announced a £40m transfer budget, we ended up selling Grady Diangana, Jordan Hugill and Albian Ajeti, sending Filipe Anderson out on loan. We signed Vladimir Coufal for £5.4m and Said Benrahma on a loan with an option to buy. We also consolidated the signing of Tomas Soucek. And they were all brilliant signings.

But the business that needed doing, if we were to show any real ambition, was neglected by GSB. Just like it’s being neglected again in this transfer window.

Everyone knows we are only a few players short of another relegation battle and yet ironically, with Moyes outperforming all of his critics, we are only a few players short of becoming a genuine threat to the top four clubs.

We have a manager that has fostered a team spirit the likes of which we haven’t seen for a long time. We have the nucleus of a really good footballing side that can challenge the best. We are on the verge of, dare I say it… going to the next level.

But Moyes and the team need the backing of our owners to stand a chance. And that’s where it will all come to a grinding halt. Because GSB won’t do it. They would have done it by now if they actually had a clue what to do. But they haven’t and they don’t.

You really have to ask yourselves what kind of owners would look at the risk versus reward of the opportunity in front of us right now (especially within the context of every promise they ever made when they convinced us that moving from the Boleyn to the LS was for the best) and choose to do nothing?

There is only one answer: GSB.

There is only one solution: GSB OUT

Support The Team Not The Regime
Hammers United

Sorry , couldn’t resist it :lol:
Well,it looks like we have lost Antonio and probably Soucek too.

We said,we needed another striker and a central midfielder and now it could bite us on the arse.

We will have to see.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

The told you so’s are circling already :lol:

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:12 pm The told you so’s are circling already :lol:
We all knew.It`s crazy.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:12 pm The told you so’s are circling already :lol:
Well it was a baffling decision.

Everyone can see where we are short apart from our board, Moyes and our board noshers. ;)
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Circling ? The cunts have built the nest, laid the eggs and are fucking roosting. :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

prince of wales

Post by prince of wales »

initially Gold and Sullivan were charging 7% interest.When this came out there was outcry and they reduced it to 4%.

In this Covid crisis I have been told they have stopped taking interest but i dont know if this is true.
Tripp Smith has lent the club around 10 million ,interest free.