Aston Villa vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
aklhammer

Re: Aston Villa vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by aklhammer »

tassiehammer wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:12 am Just saw the goals. Villa keeper is 2 bob.
I recall thinking at half time it was going to take something very special to beat their keeper after he had made some good saves, but he was an imposter second half, I think Mings made more saves.
Matamata

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:23 am
Castiron wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:30 pm Just watched MOTD. Lineker: "An off day for Villa" :lol: what a cunt
Where's the issue ? We were the better side , a fact recognised by Dean Smith during his interview. Villa couldn't compete with us, so it was an off night. Or have I missed something ?
Don't be so serious mate. Just merely pointing out how laughable it is that after a very very good performance away from home, the media bias against us is still as bad as ever and the BBC are the cheerleaders.
All good here. 😊

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

All in all a fantastic performance. Just a shame they did not get the clean sheet.

It does however beg the question, why could they not perform like that against Liverpool?
Flairon

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Flairon wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:21 am All in all a fantastic performance. Just a shame they did not get the clean sheet.

It does however beg the question, why could they not perform like that against Liverpool?
Ask Liverpool a similar question re last nights results. But i didnt see their game, just the result.Think we have fared better against teams Liverpool have struggled with,well result wise. Strange game is footy.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

eskimo joe wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:36 am
Flairon wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:21 am All in all a fantastic performance. Just a shame they did not get the clean sheet.

Ask Liverpool a similar question re last nights results. But i didnt see their game, just the result.Think we have fared better against teams Liverpool have struggled with,well result wise. Strange game is footy.
It's madness, madness I tell ya..... 😆
Flairon

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Who gives an eff what Linekar ,or any other effer for that matter, thinks,our position in the league speaks for itself, and our performances have been no worse than many who accompany us up there. Seek the praise of the points not that of an
outside individual.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Hildreth_1101

Post by Hildreth_1101 »

I didn't expect us to play so well tonight. Have to say Moyes selection worked a treat.

I couldn't understand why he'd selected Fredericks then when I realised it was specifically to counter the threat of Grealish and it worked, I was impressed. He also added something forward too with that cross for Antonio.

Also I was skeptical about Lingard, but it seems like Moyes has got him in with a specific role in mind, that is to be that AM, whilst we've seen Benrahma and Lanzini play it, none of them have been as effective as Lingard was last night. So it seems like he isn't just signing players for the sake of it, he's getting players in that fit his system well and adapting fringe players also. This was a problem for Pellegrini last season is the signings didn't seem to fit the system he wanted. Haller sticks out to me the most.

Impressive performance, be interesting as we play Fulham / Sheff Utd see how many personnel he switches with Bowen, Fornals both benched.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

eskimo joe wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:36 am

Perhaps Liverpool can only perform on the big stage ;) ;)
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Good performance from the lads second half , very lucky not to being losing at half time but the better side won imo .
Good to see Fredericks in his better position , terrific start by Lingard long may it continue .

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

jameskel wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:36 pm Let's hope lingard does not take goal kicks, he will never score
:lol: :lol: :lol: