Aston Villa vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Dagger

Re: Aston Villa vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Dagger »

Fredricks speed is his greatest asset and higher up the pitch he could hurt other teams

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Clayton wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:30 am ... very lucky not to being losing at half time .....
How so? They had 3 shots 1st half, only one 'on target' where Watkins glanced the outside of the post. We had 10 shots with 5 on target all of which necessitated saves from the keeper and possession was 51/49, with the heat maps showing they rarely entered our box.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:10 am A refreshing change to see hunger effort desire mobility skill and awareness in our front line instead of that lazy miserable fucking plank of wood Haller.
Let it go mate, he's gone :lol:

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

hd1 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:23 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:10 am A refreshing change to see hunger effort desire mobility skill and awareness in our front line instead of that lazy miserable fucking plank of wood Haller.
Let it go mate, he's gone :lol:
Has he I hadn’t noticed ;)

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:47 pm We were brilliant.

You have to ask,what the f*ck went wrong against Liverpool?
I just think that, like Maureen....Moyes gave Liverpool far too much respect with tactics, approach and mind-set. That's OK though, he's getting so much right this season we can afford him the that one.
Liverpool seem to win some games before a ball is even kicked. Some opponents are unnecessarily cowering before a team that's perhaps not good enough to warrant such fear.
You just have to get at them.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

ToneLoc wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:22 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:47 pm We were brilliant.

You have to ask,what the f*ck went wrong against Liverpool?
I just think that, like Maureen....Moyes gave Liverpool far too much respect with tactics, approach and mind-set. That's OK though, he's getting so much right this season we can afford him the that one.
Liverpool seem to win some games before a ball is even kicked. Some opponents are unnecessarily cowering before a team that's perhaps not good enough to warrant such fear.
You just have to get at them.
Exactly right. DM can take great credit preparing the team for the Villa game and hopefully that attitude will continue. I bet Jesse Lingard would not retreat into his shell against Liverpool given the opportunity. Shame he was signed too late.

Fundamentally it's all about attitude and ours was well below standard that game. And then Liverpool's was below standard against Brighton.
All very unpredictable.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Think Moyes is getting a little to much of the Blame game for the Scouse defeat...he started the same 11 most of us would
pick,which is/was pretty much our strongest line up...Never went overly defensive...I'm seeing a pretty attack minded side,
or a side that has capabilities of it...whether that gets implemented is sometimes just down to the players....they had an
off one, it happens and will happen again,we're gonna lose games ,maybe another 6 or so before seasons over,
less than that I'll be well happy ...cos could mean we are knocking round a Euro spot.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:23 am
Castiron wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:30 pm Just watched MOTD. Lineker: "An off day for Villa" :lol: what a cunt
Where's the issue ? We were the better side , a fact recognised by Dean Smith during his interview. Villa couldn't compete with us, so it was an off night. Or have I missed something ?
Villa and us have been on similar par this season.Would you agree?

Lineker said it like we were struggling,so I can see where Castiron is coming from.

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

Nice to see mini sullivan back on here 😊
Covid in the Boardroom