Jesse Lingard....yay or nay ?....

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: Jesse Lingard....yay or nay ?....

Post by palerider »

tassiehammer wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:30 am
Castiron wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:53 pm He won't come to us unfortunately. Just been a shop window exercise.
But, but I seen him do the crossed hammers. Has to mean something surely.
Yeah right :lol:

Nothing against Jesse but it's the norm for players to do stuff like that endearing themselves to the fans, albeit armchair ones atm. It's the same as kissing the badge.

The fact is, United are thinking of giving him a new 3 year contract. IF they do it will be on more money than Stumpy will offer. IF Jesse wants to stay at the ILS, Stumpy will struggle to meet United's valuation. The other IF is if we get into Europe.

That's 3 IF's.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

palerider wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:37 am
tassiehammer wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:30 am

But, but I seen him do the crossed hammers. Has to mean something surely.
Yeah right :lol:

Nothing against Jesse but it's the norm for players to do stuff like that endearing themselves to the fans, albeit armchair ones atm. It's the same as kissing the badge.

The fact is, United are thinking of giving him a new 3 year contract. IF they do it will be on more money than Stumpy will offer. IF Jesse wants to stay at the ILS, Stumpy will struggle to meet United's valuation. The other IF is if we get into Europe.

That's 3 IF's.
Plus another 2 IF's on YouTube -

The Gonz suggests he might like to return to Man U with an extended 2 year deal and the Scottish Tin-tin imagines that he might prefer to stay with West Ham regardless...

That's five big If's or 4.5...

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

He may have something to prove at Man Utd, unfinished business if you will.

That may make an offer of a new contract at Man Spew somewhat more attractive to Lingard.

Having said that, he may want assurances that OGS is not prepared to give.

With both the European Championship and a World Cup looming on the horizon, he will obviously want guaranteed first team football. Needless to say that is more likely at West Ham.
Flairon

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

northern lad and Man U fan, reckon he stays at utd if they put something on the table.

I also reckon he would want some assurances that the likes of rice and soucek are staying before he would talk to us.

never quite seen a turnaround like his revival and what its done in such a short space of time..good for him i reckon and no complaints if he got a deal to stay at utd.

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

brookingslovechild wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:39 pm northern lad and Man U fan, reckon he stays at utd if they put something on the table.

I also reckon he would want some assurances that the likes of rice and soucek are staying before he would talk to us.

never quite seen a turnaround like his revival and what its done in such a short space of time..good for him i reckon and no complaints if he got a deal to stay at utd.

I really think he's driven by his England career too, going to compete for starting time at Man U is not going to insure his place in Southgate's WC squad. Given that he's virtually guaranteed starting for us most games, just need the dwarf to make his wages competitive!
#fuckqatar2022

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

I think the sun may be affecting everybody's nut.

If he does not go back to Man u, there will be much bigger clubs than us, ready t take him.
Covid in the Boardroom

palerider

Post by palerider »

Reports this morning that United will let him go.

But for 40 million.

That's that then. Good while it lasted.

Crouchy's still available though.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

palerider wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:47 am Reports this morning that United will let him go.

But for 40 million.

His got a year on his contract,so there is not a chance they will get that,especially in the current climate.

palerider

Post by palerider »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:28 am
palerider wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:47 am Reports this morning that United will let him go.

But for 40 million.

His got a year on his contract,so there is not a chance they will get that,especially in the current climate.
I agree the 40 million was probably a starting point for negotiations but I very much doubt the shysters could afford anything like what the Mancs are asking for.

Covid has hit finances hard. That will be especially relevant to a couple of crooks leaching the club for what they can and I expect them to plead poverty because of the pandemic.

We ideally need Jesse, a top class forward and competition for Fabs. As well as spending big trying to tie Rice down, at least for a while. That little lot would cost north of 70 million.

No chance whatsoever.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:46 am
terrya1965 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:28 am

I agree the 40 million was probably a starting point for negotiations but I very much doubt the shysters could afford anything like what the Mancs are asking for.

Covid has hit finances hard. That will be especially relevant to a couple of crooks leaching the club for what they can and I expect them to plead poverty because of the pandemic.

We ideally need Jesse, a top class forward and competition for Fabs. As well as spending big trying to tie Rice down, at least for a while. That little lot would cost north of 70 million.

No chance whatsoever.
Shame on you sir.
Gold had his entire body brutalized by the Hun during WW2, all that was left was his head, but did he moan? No sir, he still let them use his bonce as a ball for league matches. And stumpy (God bless him) was used as a human bomb, being dropped out of a Lancaster over Berlin before detonating himself!

Lest we forget sir.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.