Jesse Lingard....yay or nay ?....

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: Jesse Lingard....yay or nay ?....

Post by h69 »

Flairon wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:30 pm Can anyone truly say Nay at this point!?! :lol:
I would think Lingard is the form player in the PL at present....Ihenacho probably second......

......of course Bruno Fernandes will win player of the month with Pogba second and Salah third :lol:

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

h69 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:20 pm
Flairon wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:30 pm Can anyone truly say Nay at this point!?! :lol:
I would think Lingard is the form player in the PL at present....Ihenacho probably second......

......of course Bruno Fernandes will win player of the month with Pogba second and Salah third :lol:
As far as instant impact goes , young Jesse is maybe one of the best I’ve seen over there in my lifetime, we ARE a different team with him here.

I’m not sure however , that if it meant £30m+ to get him permanently, I’d want to neglect other positions we desperately need to strengthen.

Triffic player yes , but we SO need a striker , CM and LB as well .
Bring back Jonathon !

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:09 pm

As far as instant impact goes , young Jesse is maybe one of the best I’ve seen over there in my lifetime, we ARE a different team with him here.

I’m not sure however , that if it meant £30m+ to get him permanently, I’d want to neglect other positions we desperately need to strengthen.

3 goals a game at the moment and thats without a striker...you know how the dildo brothers thinking goes...with that scoring rate why spend tens of millions on a striker...

palerider

Post by palerider »

Real Madrid, PSG and Inter Milan are 'monitoring' the situation. Obviously the Arse are interested.

With this sort of form his value is rising by 5m a game.

But the dwarf holds the trump card. Bidding for his 1980 Cup Final programme (fair condition) has reached £3.50 on Ebay. Together with the proceeds of the virtual boot sale of Mary Millington memorabilia, he could blow United out of the water with a bid for as much as £500 in the Summer.

Watch this space.

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

No. If we keep him a striker will only get in the way. :)
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Tbh I think Lingard will end up at wherever Lingard wants to end up. Hopefully he feels settled at our gaff.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:44 am Tbh I think Lingard will end up at wherever Lingard wants to end up. Hopefully he feels settled at our gaff.
If he was a free agent maybe but he still has 1 year left on a man u contract, I read. If true then they'll have something to say about where he goes.
I'm not up with the info on a loan with an option to buy like we did with Soucek, has someone dropped the ball with JL or was we just happy for a loan through desperation? You can imagine the headlines next season if we're back fighting relegation without him.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Rick_Deckard wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:27 pm

3 goals a game at the moment and thats without a striker...you know how the dildo brothers thinking goes...with that scoring rate why spend tens of millions on a striker...
Well, that’s my line of thinking too. As long as the ball is in the back of the net, do we really care who scored it?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

OZHAMMER wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:17 am
Rick_Deckard wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:27 pm

Well, that’s my line of thinking too. As long as the ball is in the back of the net, do we really care who scored it?
And the stiker situation would be further eased if Benrahma could find his potential. His involvements have been restricted as I don't get the impression that David Moyes has much confidence in him.

I would have thought he would be worth a bit of investment in time, as the raw materials seem to be in place. At least use him for 30 mins when Bowen tires. These 5 min end of game cameos don't help him or the team.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

tassiehammer wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:07 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:44 am Tbh I think Lingard will end up at wherever Lingard wants to end up. Hopefully he feels settled at our gaff.
If he was a free agent maybe but he still has 1 year left on a man u contract, I read. If true then they'll have something to say about where he goes.
I'm not up with the info on a loan with an option to buy like we did with Soucek, has someone dropped the ball with JL or was we just happy for a loan through desperation? You can imagine the headlines next season if we're back fighting relegation without him.
Wanted an option to buy but they knocked it back
Luckily for them.