Jesse Lingard....yay or nay ?....

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: Jesse Lingard....yay or nay ?....

Post by h69 »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:31 am
Dagger wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:12 am

Me too.

We are crying out for a Striker and we are going to buy a winger. :?
Were not Arnie and Antonio wingers ? Even Bowen played wide at Hull.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Surely the big Jessie joining us on loan is dependant on whether we sign either Dawson or Benrahma ( really haven't been impressed by either , Dawson looks like he has mistakes in him and Benrahma has a habit of dribbling into defenders and going nowhere ) so I wouldn't be happy signing either at the moment .
Personally have never been a fan of Lingard either , and he doesn't fit the Moysiahs philosophy now , ( Red Bull Model ) of bringing in young , talented and hungry players " Finding and developing 'the stars of tomorrow " .

h69

Post by h69 »

Clayton wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:46 pm Surely the big Jessie joining us on loan is dependant on whether we sign either Dawson or Benrahma ( really haven't been impressed by either , Dawson looks like he has mistakes in him and Benrahma has a habit of dribbling into defenders and going nowhere ) so I wouldn't be happy signing either at the moment .
Personally have never been a fan of Lingard either , and he doesn't fit the Moysiahs philosophy now , ( Red Bull Model ) of bringing in young , talented and hungry players " Finding and developing 'the stars of tomorrow " .
Yes, true. We do have to sign one.

Dawson has barely put a foot wrong and Benrahma has, like Bowen, started to find his feet and is playing pretty well.

Good to see our fans behind the players. I get criticising the players for making mistakes but criticising one for not making mistakes but by looking like he might do is a new one on me. All players may make a mistake.

Dagger

Post by Dagger »

h69 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:59 am
terrya1965 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:31 am
h69
that's not my quote about a winger mate?

my only problem with Lingard is after being picked for England he got cock sure
think he was pictured being the big I AM a got savaged by the press
never been the same player since

for me he plays the same game a Fornels and Ben and would want them playing as they are younger and will get better

Lingard may improve but for me his to much of a risk and would rather his wages go towards Armstrong TBH

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Dagger wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:05 pm
h69 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:59 am

h69
that's not my quote about a winger mate?

my only problem with Lingard is after being picked for England he got cock sure
think he was pictured being the big I AM a got savaged by the press
never been the same player since

for me he plays the same game a Fornels and Ben and would want them playing as they are younger and will get better

Lingard may improve but for me his to much of a risk and would rather his wages go towards Armstrong TBH
I want Armstrong too.A young hungry player.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

h69 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:34 pm
Clayton wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:46 pm Surely the big Jessie joining us on loan is dependant on whether we sign either Dawson or Benrahma ( really haven't been impressed by either , Dawson looks like he has mistakes in him and Benrahma has a habit of dribbling into defenders and going nowhere ) so I wouldn't be happy signing either at the moment .
Yes, true. We do have to sign one.

Dawson has barely put a foot wrong and Benrahma has, like Bowen, started to find his feet and is playing pretty well.

Good to see our fans behind the players. I get criticising the players for making mistakes but criticising one for not making mistakes but by looking like he might do is a new one on me. All players may make a mistake.
Get a life dear 😘 , you really need to watch them match day with your specs on , rather than the rose tinted glasses you normally wear .
When did I say I wasn't supporting the players , don't see anything wrong with giving my opinion of them though . Benrahma playing pretty well ? , what has he actually done to warrant that comment ? apart from some nice interplay with Yarmo , Lanzini and Fornals against Doncaster .
If I had to sign one of them it would actually be Dawson , but only because of what he would cost financially , Benrahma hasn't proven to me that he has premier league quality , yet .

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Towie wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:28 am So you think lindgaard was playing good before lockdown?
Lingaard has not played well for last two and half seasons. He cannot get near Man Utd squad because obviously his attitude is not right.

What has happened to the young hungry players Moyes referred to signing?
Well he played in 22 of the 28 games PL games before lockdown, so he must have been playing shite right? 36 games in all comps 18/19 and 40 appearances 19/20. Why was OGS picking him if he was so bad I wonder?

As mentioned, apart from falling out with OGS he has a whole host of players now in front of him including Fernandez and Pogba who are reasonable players no?

Hungry young players, like Alves, Bowen, Benrama, Soucek - all 25 or under signed by Moyes? And I guess that you think Coufal is not hungry because he's 28 (same age as Lingard)?

Not forgetting giving debuts to Trott, Afolayan, Odubeko and Baptiste in the FA Cup and debuts for Alese, Ashby and Longello in the League Cup.

Towie

Post by Towie »

hd1 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:15 pm
Towie wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:28 am So you think lindgaard was playing good before lockdown?
Lingaard has not played well for last two and half seasons. He cannot get near Man Utd squad because obviously his attitude is not right.

What has happened to the young hungry players Moyes referred to signing?
Well he played in 22 of the 28 games PL games before lockdown, so he must have been playing shite right? 36 games in all comps 18/19 and 40 appearances 19/20. Why was OGS picking him if he was so bad I wonder?

As mentioned, apart from falling out with OGS he has a whole host of players now in front of him including Fernandez and Pogba who are reasonable players no?

Hungry young players, like Alves, Bowen, Benrama, Soucek - all 25 or under signed by Moyes? And I guess that you think Coufal is not hungry because he's 28 (same age as Lingard)?

Not forgetting giving debuts to Trott, Afolayan, Odubeko and Baptiste in the FA Cup and debuts for Alese, Ashby and Longello in the League Cup.
So you do think Lingard was playing well before lockdown. :lol: :lol: :lol:
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

No of course not, you numpty :lol:

Towie

Post by Towie »

hd1 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:23 pm No of course not, you numpty :lol:
Why post all that waffle then you lemon?

Actually don’t answer that. :roll:
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.