West Ham vs Doncaster Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Doncaster Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Hope this 4th round will be a good one for us and hope to give some young ones a go. Odubeko won't participate as he is under isolation. Hope he will make a full recovery.

Squad:

Randolph

Frederick
Balbuena
Diop
Johnson

Noble
Rice
Fornals

Lanzini
Yarmolenko
Benrahma

Not sure what Moyes will put but Antonio will not start as we have Palace and the Bin-dipper next.

COYI

whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

thomasswe

Re: West Ham vs Doncaster Official Match Thread

Post by thomasswe »

I'd like to see Fabianski, Ogbonna and Antonio rested, otherwise field a full-strenght team.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Cheers Ibbs.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

thomasswe wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:26 pm I'd like to see Fabianski, Ogbonna and Antonio rested, otherwise field a full-strenght team.
I would like to see a whole lot more rested tbh. The fixtures continue to come thick and fast and we've got Palace on Tuesday. And they'll have had a week off as they're out of the cup. Let's throw a few of the supposedly promising kids in and see if they sink or swim. Something like:

Randolph
Ashby -- Diop -- Balbuena -- Alese -- Johnson
Fredericks -- Noble -- Yarmolenko -- Holland
Odubeko

Never seen some of them but reading some of the comments on here from people who I assume have it sounds like some might be OK. So let's find out.

Won't happen of course.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Can't risk any of our major players for a meaningless match. We'll be out in the next round anyway to a 108th minute penalty so what's the odds.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:49 pm
thomasswe wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:26 pm I'd like to see Fabianski, Ogbonna and Antonio rested, otherwise field a full-strenght team.
I would like to see a whole lot more rested tbh. The fixtures continue to come thick and fast and we've got Palace on Tuesday. And they'll have had a week off as they're out of the cup. Let's throw a few of the supposedly promising kids in and see if they sink or swim. Something like:

Randolph
Odubeko

Never seen some of them but reading some of the comments on here from people who I assume have it sounds like some might be OK. So let's find out.

Won't happen of course.
Odubeko is self isolating - it will be a false 9 with all the faffing around that entails. We must have more than one U23 striker at the club and I would like to see how he does. Unless he is self isolating of course.

...and to think I used to frown when Carlton Cole was on the team-sheet :shock:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:23 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:49 pm

Randolph
Odubeko

Won't happen of course.
Odubeko is self isolating - it will be a false 9 with all the faffing around that entails. We must have more than one U23 striker at the club and I would like to see how he does. Unless he is self isolating of course.

...and to think I used to frown when Carlton Cole was on the team-sheet :shock:
If that's the case stick Yarmolenko in as the main striker and play that Appiah-Forson kid.in midfield. Someone on this forum reckons he's worth a shout.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Banana skin,magic of the cup,giant killing,minnows and all the usual fucking hype
We’ve had the plug pulled from us from the usual suspects on tv awaiting our normal capitulation in the fucking cup.
We must have improved !!

JayK

Post by JayK »

Ibbyham wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:20 pm Hope this 4th round will be a good one for us and hope to give some young ones a go. Odubeko won't participate as he is under isolation. Hope he will make a full recovery.

Squad:

Randolph

Frederick
Balbuena
Diop
Johnson

Noble
Rice
Fornals

Lanzini
Yarmolenko
Benrahma

Not sure what Moyes will put but Antonio will not start as we have Palace and the Bin-dipper next.

COYI

whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
Cheers Ibbs. I don’t think your lineup will be far from the real thing. 2-0 us with a professional performance to get the job done
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:54 am Banana skin,magic of the cup,giant killing,minnows and all the usual fucking hype
We’ve had the plug pulled from us from the usual suspects on tv awaiting our normal capitulation in the fucking cup.
We must have improved !!
Magic of the cup my granny's arse. When Aston Villa field a youth team, most clubs, including those in the lower leagues, usually chuck in a handful of back ups and kids and, even when fans used to be allowed in (remember that ?), rows of empty seats in view, it's becoming fairly clear no one is really interested in it until it reaches the final stages.

Back in the day the cup was a big deal. Tickets for the final were as rare as rocking horse shit unless you knew someone who knew someone who could get hold of them. Not any more.