West Ham vs Doncaster Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
mkhammer

Re: West Ham vs Doncaster Official Match Thread

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:35 am
mkhammer wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:57 am Footballs about winning we need things to actually win...would love to win it a 4th time.

Still love the FA Cup...not just about your own team either...watched Chorley last night,was a fan for 90 mins,really enoyed
it and was gutted for them at the end..would rather watch that than a Scouse Manc League game..
Need things to actually win ? Isn't that a bit like giving all the kids who take part in the school sports day a prize ? Surely winning something is only seen as an achievement if the others taking part are also working their cojones off to win the same thing ? Otherwise what's the point and where's the sense of achievement ?

Would I have watched the Stockport v West Ham match if I wasn't a West Ham supporter ? Never in a million years. All the media hype about "a typical cup game" and the incessant underdog noshing really gets up my bugle if I'm totally honest.
No mate my take on it is the opposite to what you said..it's about winning,that's the goal...pardon the pun... :lol:
Whats the point in playing sport if there's nothing to win..to come top..take part and try your best is satisfying,but doesn't
beat winning... Not one single player who plays in the FA Cup at any stage...doesn't have a dream of lifting the trophy.
Take the FA Cup away what do we play for...I'd be chuffed and happy if we won the League cup....which if anything is
maybe Slightly Harder to win...as you don't have the chance of an easy tie against non leaguers..

Good to give little tots something for taking part...but should be phased out as get older with the emphasis on winning only.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Holy fuckballs - teenage forward Mipo Odubeko has tested positive for Covid-19. That's fucking torn it.

Towie

Post by Towie »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:14 pm Holy fuckballs - teenage forward Mipo Odubeko has tested positive for Covid-19. That's fucking torn it.
Just hope Antonio don’t tear something.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:14 pm Holy fuckballs - teenage forward Mipo Odubeko has tested positive for Covid-19. That's fucking torn it.
Fucking scandalous that we've only got that kid as a back up for Antonio.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:53 pm
Well we have Oladapo Afolayan on the bench today, although he is actually 23 already.

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

1Fabianski
24Fredericks
4Balbuena
23Diop
31Johnson
16Noble
28Soucek
18Fornals
10Lanzini
9Benrahma
7Yarmolenko

Substitutes
3Cresswell
5Coufal
15Dawson
21Ogbonna
30Antonio
34Trott
40Afolayan
41Rice
75Baptiste

JayK

Post by JayK »

Got sent this earlier........

West Ham will field a strong team against Doncaster in the next round of the cup today. The team will include players that have all featured in the Premier League this season.
There are two main reasons behind this thankfully David Moyes has expressed he wishes to take the cup seriously and so therefore will field strong teams in each round. The other is that he has no other choice with many fringe academy players being unavailable to start. 
Sadly promising midfielder Conor Coventry is still recovering from a foot injury and this game comes too soon for him. Mipo Odubeko, who may have lead the line today, hasn’t trained all week due to false positive covid tests. Nathan Holland is apparently nursing further hamstring complications and Goncalo Cardozo is also meant to be out injured. So none of these players will start the game. 
Other potential players Alves, Baptiste and Lewis all featured in the under 23s yesterday evening so would not play today.
I will bring you updates through out the day on the team selection.
COYI!!!

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

thomasswe wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:10 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:53 pm

Well we have Oladapo Afolayan on the bench today, although he is actually 23 already.
When you look at the things these people get up to regarding transfers, money etc. It's no wonder other clubs won't have anything to do with us.
They really are parasites.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

No Antonio no problem

That Fornals really is shit isn’t he

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

Fornals 1- 0 !!!!