Did you know that...

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Did you know that...

Post by Whiskyman »

Ibbyham wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:31 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:26 am

And you reckon Fredericks coming back into the squad is an improvement ?
no, but at least we got back up and Fredericks is useful for Doncaster game.
Doncaster FFS. What's the point of playing Fredericks ? We'd be better off giving young Ashby a chance. Players like Fredericks are just stopping the progress of the decent young players coming through.

We don't know if Ashby can handle the big time, and we aren't likely to find out if we don't play him. But we do know Fredericks isn't good enough so why play him ? Noble is another in that situation. He can't do it anymore so give someone else a chance to see if they can.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:17 pm Did you know No team has scored in more games so far this season than West Ham (15) in the PL.
Add the fact that we've hit the woodwork 11 times, more than any other team.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:26 am

And you reckon Fredericks coming back into the squad is an improvement ?
Agree with you there Ibbs.

Our second XI, which includes players like Fredericks, Noble, Diop, Randolph, Yarmolenko etc. should be able to handle a team league one outfit quite comfortably.

Take the chance with some U23s who will more than likely end up at a club lower than Doncaster - the club and management would cop pelters for not taking it seriously, particularly if we lose.

Caboose

Post by Caboose »

OZHAMMER wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:09 am

Our second XI, which includes players like Fredericks, Noble, Diop, Randolph, Yarmolenko etc. should be able to handle a team league one outfit quite comfortably.

Take the chance with some U23s who will more than likely end up at a club lower than Doncaster - the club and management would cop pelters for not taking it seriously, particularly if we lose.
Yeah but no reason not including Diop and co but Fredericks and Noble was the ones being talked about. Like whats been said kids couldnt do no worse than Noble again st Brighton

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:39 am
Doncaster FFS. What's the point of playing Fredericks ? We'd be better off giving young Ashby a chance. Players like Fredericks are just stopping the progress of the decent young players coming through.

We don't know if Ashby can handle the big time, and we aren't likely to find out if we don't play him. But we do know Fredericks isn't good enough so why play him ? Noble is another in that situation. He can't do it anymore so give someone else a chance to see if they can.
Hope Ashby and Alese will be in the squad against Doncaster and hope Alves get his first taste with Diop. Would be nice if any youngster midfielder in the squad as well and hope Odubeko will get his first start as Antonio cannot play twice a week as it is too risky as I prefer Odubeko than Yarmolenko
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Ibbyham wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:52 am

Hope Ashby and Alese will be in the squad against Doncaster and hope Alves get his first taste with Diop. Would be nice if any youngster midfielder in the squad as well and hope Odubeko will get his first start as Antonio cannot play twice a week as it is too risky as I prefer Odubeko than Yarmolenko
I'd like to see them in the squad too. But if Fredericks and Noble are there as well they are the ones likely to get picked ahead of any promising kids. That is my point. We all know Noble can't do it any more and Fredericks has never been able to defend from what I can tell. So what do we have to lose by picking kids ahead of them ? Surely they can't be any worse. And they might surprise a few people and actually do well. But unless we guive them a chance we'll never find out.
Last edited by Whiskyman on Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Ibbyham wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:52 am

I'd like to see them in the squad too. But if Fredericks and Noble are there as well they are the ones likely to get picked ahead of any promising kids. That is my point. We all know Noble can't do it any more and Fredericks has never been able to defend from what I can tell. So what do we have to lose by picking kids ahead of them ? Surely they can't be any worse. And they might surprise a few people and actually do well. But unless we guive them a chance we'll never find out.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

OZHAMMER wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:09 am

Would be nice to give some youngster like Ashby and Alese another go and give Diop game time.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Disagree, play full strength team against Doncaster keep the momentum going bring youngsters on if we comfortably winning.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Towie wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:55 pm Disagree, play full strength team against Doncaster keep the momentum going bring youngsters on if we comfortably winning.
That’s more like it.