West Ham vs WBA Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: West Ham vs WBA Official Match Thread

Post by Newmarket »

🦖vs 🦕 eh ? Should be thrilling .

Luckily I’ll be at work 8-)
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:32 pm 🦖vs 🦕 eh ? Should be thrilling .

Luckily I’ll be at work 8-)
Me too..If I can get away early,I will.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:30 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:37 pm

I'd be surprised if we scored 3 tbh. But if Diangana is one of their best 4 players they really do have a problem imo. Didn't know the keeper was out, he looks decent, as does the kid Gallagher, but whenever I've seen them the central defender Ajeyi looks useful---at both ends of the pitch.

And they did put in 3 against Wolves, although 2 were penalties.
Wolves had 23 attempts at goal..I listened(was cooking) to the game and I was scratching my head at the end on how WBA WON IT? :?
But they did. And Allardyce's teams have that irritating habit of winning games they have no business winning. 23 "attempts"--- but only 6 on target apparently. West Brom got 5 out of 12 on target. Didn't see the game (saw the highlights if they can be called that) and it's bloody obvious Wolves are missing Jota (sold) and Jimenez (injured).

Would be typical West Ham if Snodgrass came back to haunt us. Diangana too if he plays. Although I doubt Allardyce will change a winning team too much, unless Johnstone, the keeper, is back.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:29 am
terrya1965 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:30 pm

Wolves had 23 attempts at goal..I listened(was cooking) to the game and I was scratching my head at the end on how WBA WON IT? :?
But they did. And Allardyce's teams have that irritating habit of winning games they have no business winning. 23 "attempts"--- but only 6 on target apparently. West Brom got 5 out of 12 on target. Didn't see the game (saw the highlights if they can be called that) and it's bloody obvious Wolves are missing Jota (sold) and Jimenez (injured).

Would be typical West Ham if Snodgrass came back to haunt us. Diangana too if he plays. Although I doubt Allardyce will change a winning team too much, unless Johnstone, the keeper, is back.
Nobody is entitled to win a Football match mate and you never know,WBA and the fat bloke could shock us?

I can't see it myself,if we show the same application we have been showing.It will take a very poor display from us and a good one from them.

Wouldn't surprise if there was only one goal in it though with us missing a hatful?

COYI`s whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:36 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:29 am

Nobody is entitled to win a Football match mate and you never know,WBA and the fat bloke could shock us?

I can't see it myself,if we show the same application we have been showing.It will take a very poor display from us and a good one from them.

Wouldn't surprise if there was only one goal in it though with us missing a hatful?

COYI`s whufc_crest
We certainly need to be more clinical in front of goal. Chances missed can prove very costly.

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

Jurassic Park?

I don't care, just don't let him win. Watched his press conference, what a rude entitled piece of faecal matter.

Read somewhere Diangana is injured.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BCHammer wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:43 am
Jurassic Park?

I don't care, just don't let him win. Watched his press conference, what a rude entitled piece of faecal matter.

Read somewhere Diangana is injured.
Saw somewhere on here that Johnstone, their keeper, is out. That would be a plus.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

The Gonz ramps up the anticipation as West Ham look to grind their way into European contention with their low-risk approach to contesting football matches.

We can't expect WBA to be delightful entertaining guests, so we will very much have to make our own fun with our own toys. As long as they stay in the pram, we will be fine

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

We should be fine against a poor side with Allardyce at the helm , going to be another poor performance in front of goal with the lack of usual chances going unconverted and the usual worrying period of opposition pressure with our backs against the wall after we take the lead , but we should scrape through at the final whistle .
No need for any changes to the starting eleven , not like Moysie even can or would , even against a relegation battling side with a very poor defensive record .

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Can we expect the usual draw?
Flairon