January signings - Contracts Expiring.

Chat about anything football related here!
LDesign

January signings - Contracts Expiring.

Post by LDesign »

Hi everyone,

(please move this message if this isn't in the right place)

Been thinking about the transfers we should make and there are a number of players who would instantly improve us and we could use some of our players as make-weights for the deals. These players will have their contracts expiring in the summer.

Danny Rose (30) & Patrick Van Aanholt (30) are options that could fill the LWB role and compete with Masuaku.

Demarai Gray (24) a decent winger who is only out of favour at the club due to his contract.

Josh King (28) Vincent Aboubakar (28) & Marega (29) all available.

Nikola Maksimovic (29) & Arkadiusz Milik (26) both at Napoli and both players who we've been linked with. I would be very tempted to offer them Pablo Fornals plus some cash for these two.

Ac Milan's Hakan Calhanoglu (26) would be an immense player for us, especially at set pieces. Milan have been interested in Felipe Anderson so maybe a straight swap deal could be useful?

Clayton

Re: January signings - Contracts Expiring.

Post by Clayton »

LDesign wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:03 am Hi everyone,

(please move this message if this isn't in the right place)

Been thinking about the transfers we should make and there are a number of players who would instantly improve us and we could use some of our players as make-weights for the deals. These players will have their contracts expiring in the summer.

Danny Rose (30) & Patrick Van Aanholt (30) are options that could fill the LWB role and compete with Masuaku.

Demarai Gray (24) a decent winger who is only out of favour at the club due to his contract.

Josh King (28) Vincent Aboubakar (28) & Marega (29) all available.

Nikola Maksimovic (29) & Arkadiusz Milik (26) both at Napoli and both players who we've been linked with. I would be very tempted to offer them Pablo Fornals plus some cash for these two.

Ac Milan's Hakan Calhanoglu (26) would be an immense player for us, especially at set pieces. Milan have been interested in Felipe Anderson so maybe a straight swap deal could be useful?
Think most are those are well past their sell by date , Moyes wants to build his team using the Red Bull model - young, energetic talent hungry to prove themselves on the big stage .
Personally I would go along with his plans , I do not want us to bring in players anymore over the age of 26 .

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

Red Bull model.....

Actions speak louder than words

Dawson 30
Coufal 28

Benrahama is only 25 but by all accounts was not a Moyes pick

Summer saw us pocket £15m from player sales vs players in, lose Anderson, Wilshere, Zabaleta, Roberto, Sanchez off the wage bill.

Half way through January and we have pocketed another £20m and offed Snoddy from the wage bill

First team squad is 19 players - 3 of which are keepers and none of which are strikers.

The squad needs depth. Now.

Our fire sale makes Mike Ashley blush

JayK

Post by JayK »

I would honestly lose it if we signed Danny fuckin Rose
COYI!!!

LDesign

Post by LDesign »

I think Milik and Calhanoglu would be great signings for us - Both 26 and could get a decent few years out of them. Milik i've watched during his Ajax days and Calhanoglu I've seen play for Leverkusen in a Bundesliga game and he is pure class - has that SWAG that Payet carries but without the stroppyness.

Anderson offered up to Milan would be decent bit of business and maybe offer up Yarmolenko to Napoli as part of the Milik deal to get his wages off the books.

I think Italy would be the place to go for some excellent deals. Getting these two in would definitely boost our chances of finishing higher up in the league and put in a challenge for FA Cup.

Aboubakar I have been banging on about for YEARS - since his Lorient days. But I doubt he would offer anymore than Haller at the moment.

HammerJammer

Post by HammerJammer »

Still no mention of the Elephant Man?
Released by Atlético Madrid at the end of last year.
Click here and enter 9898 to block the TottenScum Troll

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

Unless Wil Salthouse is their agent or they play for Prague then we have zero chance of signing them

January is not the time to gamble on whether a player can adapt to the Premier League unless you have wads of cash and given the lack of income you need players who will play day 1.

It will be Josh King for too much money on 31st January unless Fatterdyce gets him to West Brom first in which case we will be fielding a youth team come March

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

HammerJammer wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:59 pm Still no mention of the Elephant Man?
Costa? Would love him here but bet there's a massive queue

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

only1salty wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:01 pm Unless Wil Salthouse is their agent or they play for Prague then we have zero chance of signing them

January is not the time to gamble on whether a player can adapt to the Premier League unless you have wads of cash and given the lack of income you need players who will play day 1.

It will be Josh King for too much money on 31st January unless Fatterdyce gets him to West Brom first in which case we will be fielding a youth team come March
Is the dwarf no longer in contact with Willie McKay and his son ? He always used to be his "go to" agent.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

only1salty wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:02 pm
HammerJammer wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:59 pm Still no mention of the Elephant Man?
Costa? Would love him here but bet there's a massive queue
Never thought he was that mobile a striker, not for Moyes. And definitely a liability with his temperament. Age against him too. Fuck that
COYI!!!