January signings - Contracts Expiring.

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: January signings - Contracts Expiring.

Post by Newmarket »

LDesign wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:49 pm I think Milik and Calhanoglu would be great signings for us - Both 26 and could get a decent few years out of them. Milik i've watched during his Ajax days and Calhanoglu I've seen play for Leverkusen in a Bundesliga game and he is pure class - has that SWAG that Payet carries but without the stroppyness.

Anderson offered up to Milan would be decent bit of business and maybe offer up Yarmolenko to Napoli as part of the Milik deal to get his wages off the books.

I think Italy would be the place to go for some excellent deals. Getting these two in would definitely boost our chances of finishing higher up in the league and put in a challenge for FA Cup.

Aboubakar I have been banging on about for YEARS - since his Lorient days. But I doubt he would offer anymore than Haller at the moment.
I’ve never seen the Turk play so can’t comment . I wouldn’t touch Milik with yours since he snapped both his ACL’s and Napoli seem to have the same fears .

All the others mentioned are neither young nor hungry so not for me .

We have to get over this obsession Sullivan has with signing injury prone has beens and big names from abroad that agents are hawking about because their players are nearing 30 and their contracts are winding down .

And , with respect , who the fucks going to want Anderson and slowcoachalenko
Bring back Jonathon !

hd1

Post by hd1 »

only1salty wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:02 pm
HammerJammer wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:59 pm Still no mention of the Elephant Man?
Released by Atlético Madrid at the end of last year.
Costa? Would love him here but bet there's a massive queue
Given his contract was cancelled on 29th December it doesn't appear that there is

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

LDesign wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:49 pm I think Milik and Calhanoglu would be great signings for us - Both 26 and could get a decent few years out of them. Milik i've watched during his Ajax days and Calhanoglu I've seen play for Leverkusen in a Bundesliga game and he is pure class - has that SWAG that Payet carries but without the stroppyness.

Anderson offered up to Milan would be decent bit of business and maybe offer up Yarmolenko to Napoli as part of the Milik deal to get his wages off the books.

I think Italy would be the place to go for some excellent deals. Getting these two in would definitely boost our chances of finishing higher up in the league and put in a challenge for FA Cup.

Aboubakar I have been banging on about for YEARS - since his Lorient days. But I doubt he would offer anymore than Haller at the moment.
Milik and Calhanoglu would probably be very good signings. But , come on, please let's get real. Players of this calibre wouldn't consider moving to a club like west Ham would they ?

You've got to remember that not every club is owned by a bloke who can only make money in business if it involves tarts with big knockers. Some (most ?) are owned by people who have made money in real business, which requires real business sense. Or to put it another way. They're not cunts. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:32 am

Milik and Calhanoglu would probably be very good signings. But , come on, please let's get real. Players of this calibre wouldn't consider moving to a club like west Ham would they ?

You've got to remember that not every club is owned by a bloke who can only make money in business if it involves tarts with big knockers. Some (most ?) are owned by people who have made money in real business, which requires real business sense. Or to put it another way. They're not cunts. ;)
Why would we want another striker who is bound to breakdown again with another injury because that is what Milik does , and Calhanoglu is just as bad , both will be 27 in February and their injuries and time out are likely to get worse as they get older .
We need to stay away from these players with big reps and a poor injury history .

LDesign

Post by LDesign »

Danny Rose will have his contract terminated this month as he has not played this season. There is a clause in his deal where if he enters the last year and doesn't play a game he can leave 6 months earlier.

This would be a good signing for us for LWB - but I reckon he wont fancy being a backup to Arthur.

LDesign

Post by LDesign »

Clayton wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:07 am
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:32 am

Why would we want another striker who is bound to breakdown again with another injury because that is what Milik does , and Calhanoglu is just as bad , both will be 27 in February and their injuries and time out are likely to get worse as they get older .
We need to stay away from these players with big reps and a poor injury history .
Milik has had a couple of bad injuries yes... but so did Danny Ings and he has been prolific ever since he signed for Southampton. Based on this I would never have a player written off over an injury.

There have been many star players who have had career threatening injuries and have overcome them .
Henrik Larsson breaking his leg for Celtic in Europe
Roy Keane when he done his knee vs Leeds
Santi Carzorla had a terrible time at arsenal, but since going back to La Liga he has been the leagues best player.
Petr Cech's head injury v Reading.
Raul Jimenez head injury v Arsenal.
Eric Abidal having a liver transplant.
Gary Cahill had a life threatening arm injury against Fulham when playing for Bolton.
Luke Shaw breaking his leg v PSV in champions league.
Marco Reus had a bad injury whilst representing Germany.

Equally, we have signed crocks... Dyer, Wilshere, Carroll etc and these should have been avoided as they have been known for constant injury problems, Milik had one bad injury, was rushed back and suffered from that, ended up missing 50 games over two seasons because of it. Ashton is another one but that was just pure bad luck.

I'd give Milik the chance and signing him could revive his career. Everton have also toyed with the idea as Ancellotti loved him in Naples.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

LDesign wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:12 am I'd give Milik the chance and signing him could revive his career.
Has this philosophy ever ever worked in our favour?

Ever?

It’s this type of attitude that sees us with more physios than strikers. :roll:

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

LDesign wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:02 am Danny Rose will have his contract terminated this month as he has not played this season. There is a clause in his deal where if he enters the last year and doesn't play a game he can leave 6 months earlier.

This would be a good signing for us for LWB - but I reckon he wont fancy being a backup to Arthur.
No one with a modicum of sense does business with our vermin. Their reputation goes before them as being a pair of shysters. That goes for the hook nosed one's where Levy more or less said, that he'd never do any business with us.
I'm not a great fan of him, but on this occasion I make him 100% spot on.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

JayK

Post by JayK »

LDesign wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:02 am Danny Rose will have his contract terminated this month as he has not played this season. There is a clause in his deal where if he enters the last year and doesn't play a game he can leave 6 months earlier.

Danny Rose would be a dogshit signing. Absolute piece of filth who’s openly admitted he don’t like football and can’t wait to retire. No any little, self obsessed shitbag and I would rate my nan in the 1st 11 in any team before him.

I might feel quite strongly against this signing 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣
COYI!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

JayK wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:02 pm

Danny Rose would be a dogshit signing. Absolute piece of filth who’s openly admitted he don’t like football and can’t wait to retire. No any little, self obsessed shitbag and I would rate my nan in the 1st 11 in any team before him.

I might feel quite strongly against this signing 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣
Your right. DR is a bit too "BLM" sensitive for my liking. He might try and radicalise young Michail and one thing will lead to another, as these things always do and before someone can say "Did Charlie take his seat ok" the whole first XI will be kneeling before matches...and the PL don't want that do they...