FA Cup: Stockport Co vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
andyginbrasil

Re: FA Cup: Stockport Co vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by andyginbrasil »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:45 pm Well done Les
:lol: :lol: :lol:

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Well, no point complaining about the performance, wasnt pretty by a long shot, would have coped better in the 70s on that pitch. At least we got through it. Funny though how players turn sub standard to requirements when we dont do what some expect, turn over teams like this. But a similar performance and a win over a better team in better conditions, barely a word of complaint.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Parry Hotter

Post by Parry Hotter »

Clayton wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:59 pm
jameskel wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:53 pm I like Benrahma but he does need to produce more and might, if we get an intelligent forward
If that's the case we also need a intelligent midfielder and a intelligent wide man on the right , to fix our attack .
Be nice if Benrama produced anything. Dunno what hes supposed to be. But at least we won and should go through next round before getting beat at Trafford or Anfield.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Parry Hotter wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:20 am
Clayton wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:59 pm

If that's the case we also need a intelligent midfielder and a intelligent wide man on the right , to fix our attack .
Be nice if Benrama produced anything. Dunno what hes supposed to be. But at least we won and should go through next round before getting beat at Trafford or Anfield.
Hope Benrahma proves me wrong , and he's still got plenty of time to do so, but imo he's what you get when you take a punt on a player who had a decent season in a low standard league and hope he can up his game to a better level. Looks far too easy to bully off the ball and it seems his game is very predictable. Too early to write him off but at the moment from what we've seen so far we should send him back when his loan ends.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dagger

Post by Dagger »

that pitch was not for the like of Ben or Lanz and the longer it went on the more pond like it got

will hold back judgement and hope they both are on the pitch at the same time against Burnley

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Ironworksfc wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:24 pm Fuck me, the negativity

We played a low league side that put their everything into killing off a premier league side, on a pitch that resembled a swimming pool in some parts.

We won FFS
Yep we ground out another win ,when in another season we probably would of lost that match , so good on the lads , and onwards next up Doncaster at home , lets hope Moyes puts out another competitive team .
But come on we were poor especially when you consider the so called talent we have in our side compared to Stockport , we had 12 shots and only 2 on target , even Stockport had one .

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

hamstew wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:36 pm
Clayton wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:00 pm

The pitch ? , we are playing football not snooker .
Is there any point in being pedantic? I'm just stating a fact that the pitch is terrible and not easy to play on, making it difficult to control the ball and judge the length of the pass. Are you therefore telling me that the awful playing surface had no part whatsoever for our players to get anything going? As well as a mixture of playing badly in parts of course. A better pitch and I'm confident we would have had a better game.
We managed to have 12 shots but only 2 on target , so nothing unusual there , definitely a better pitch and we should of had a better game , no denying that , but I personally still think a premier league team supposedly as good as ours should have been able to do more against a non league side , even if they were punching above their weight .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dagger wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:21 am that pitch was not for the like of Ben or Lanz and the longer it went on the more pond like it got

will hold back judgement and hope they both are on the pitch at the same time against Burnley
The pitch was no worse for those two than it was for Rice who was his normal excellent self. I thought there were a couple of Stockport midfielders who looked better than those two tbh.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:26 am
Dagger wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:21 am that pitch was not for the like of Ben or Lanz and the longer it went on the more pond like it got

The pitch was no worse for those two than it was for Rice who was his normal excellent self. I thought there were a couple of Stockport midfielders who looked better than those two tbh.
Normally,I would be doing my nut against the opposition,that we should play off the park,but last night,I didn't.

The conditions were dreadful.Rice probably coped a little better with it than others,but it was a leveller.

I could see our players were putting a shift in,so I couldn't criticize them at all.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Put all the sentimental cup minnows ,magic of the cup blah blah bollocks aside I don’t think they troubled us one bit last night.