Southampton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
thomasswe

Re: Southampton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by thomasswe »

I haven't completely given up on Haller yet but he needs pace around him.

Fabianski
Coufal Balbuena Ogbonna Cresswell
Rice Soucek
Bowen Lanzini Fornals
Haller

Randolph
Fredericks
Johnson
Diop
Noble
Yarmomenko
Benrahma

Get Yarmolenko and Benrahma on early in the 2nd half after 2 of the 3 attacking midfielders have started to tire. If we are in the lead put either Fredericks or Johnson in and revert to a back 5 with wingbacks to defend the flanks and hit them on the counter while they try to put pressure on us.

There Moyes I just gave a recipe for 3 points.
Last edited by thomasswe on Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

prince of wales

Post by prince of wales »

Ave another look at your team thomas.It lacks something mate!!

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

JayK wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:39 am
Clayton wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:50 pm We need a new keeper , a striker to partner Haller , a creative ball playing defensive midfielder , and some pace on the wings , and that is just for the starting eleven .
if our performances of late against the likes of Fulham , Sheffield Utd and Brighton are what is called progress from a relegation candidate side last season to a mid table side this season there is something wrong with how we are looking at our team and the results we are getting .
Southampton are missing Ings , but still think they are a capable of beating us even if they have gone off the boil of late , especially if Moyes selects Noble again .
Come on Moyes get it sorted as I cannot bare the thought of Pulis getting the job now he has walked out on Grimsby Town .
That was Holloway who walked out on Grimsby. Pulis I believe is at Sheff Wed
That is even worse then😲.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

prince of wales wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:02 am Ave another look at your team thomas.It lacks something mate!!
That’s what the team is if Moyes picks Noble :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:50 pm We need a new keeper , a striker to partner Haller , a creative ball playing defensive midfielder , and some pace on the wings , and that is just for the starting eleven .
if our performances of late against the likes of Fulham , Sheffield Utd and Brighton are what is called progress from a relegation candidate side last season to a mid table side this season there is something wrong with how we are looking at our team and the results we are getting .
Southampton are missing Ings , but still think they are a capable of beating us even if they have gone off the boil of late , especially if Moyes selects Noble again .
Come on Moyes get it sorted as I cannot bare the thought of Pulis getting the job now he has walked out on Grimsby Town .
Remember when Allardyce was in charge ? Some people on this very forum were clamouring for Holloway to be brought in to replace him. And Malky Mackay (remember him ?) was another name that cropped up regularly as I recall.

As for the Saints game I can only see a backs to the wall line up. FFS if we bring in extra defensive cover for a shot shy team like Brighton I can only imagine the panic amongst the coaching staff when we plan for this game, and the Everton one to follow.

Still, only 18 more points for the magic 40.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Clayton wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:19 am

Don’t worry. I just seen Pulis lasted only a month at Sheff Wed and is now available :lol: :lol: :lol:
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:49 am

Remember when Allardyce was in charge ? Some people on this very forum were clamouring for Holloway to be brought in to replace him. And Malky Mackay (remember him ?) was another name that cropped up regularly as I recall.

As for the Saints game I can only see a backs to the wall line up. FFS if we bring in extra defensive cover for a shot shy team like Brighton I can only imagine the panic amongst the coaching staff when we plan for this game, and the Everton one to follow.

Yep, I remember, and more recently Eddie Howe mentioned and took Bournemouth down. All likely candidates for our board though rather than anyone better
COYI!!!

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

JayK wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:56 am
Clayton wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:19 am
Don’t worry. I just seen Pulis lasted only a month at Sheff Wed and is now available :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now that is ominous ! 😟.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

JayK wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:58 am

Yep, I remember, and more recently Eddie Howe mentioned and took Bournemouth down. All likely candidates for our board though rather than anyone better
An honourable mention to Steve Bruce and Alex Mcleish to the dregs .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:58 am

Yep. I'm not a particular fan of Howe but given the choice between him and Holloway (or Mackay :lol: ) it would be a no brainer. At least those are more realistic than some of the names that crop up when a new manager ios mentioned. Some people even seem to think Steven Gerrard would welcome an opportunity to come to manage us. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?