Chelsea vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Chelsea vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Hope this game will keep West Ham momentum going and it will be very tough as Chelsea are in dip of form a bit and looking for a reaction. West Ham hope to hear news of Cresswell, Rice and Ogbonna to be fit and fine after a bruising match against Palace.

All I hope Moyes will put 4-4-1-1 formation as 4-2-3-1 is not suit for us as shown against Palace in first half. Hope Balbuena will come back soon, but probably against Brighton and Antonio probably won't be in the squad until the Brighton/Southampton game

Squad:

Fabianski

Coufal
Diop
Ogbonna
Cresswell/Johnsosn (depending if Cresswell OK or not)

Bowen
Rice (Noble will fill in if Rice is slightly injured)
Soucek
Fornals

Benrahma

Haller

Hope we will repeat last season but this season Chellsea are a dififferent side and more stronger.

COYI whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Dwayne Pipes

Re: Chelsea vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Nick a draw at the rent boys I’ll be happy.

2-2

BCHammer

Post by BCHammer »

I'll take a 1-1. I think both would too.

They have lost two on the bounce, so you can look at that two ways a) they are going to be desperate to bounce back or b) we can hit them while they are down. We score every game, they are not great at defending set pieces, we have their number recently, this is the exact type of game we show up for and it will be a more fluid game than Palace.

I'd say we could do them, but there are some big question marks though. If Balbuena is still not fit, Diop scares me in there. Dawson is not the answer, whatever the question is. I think I would rather put Baptiste in there...

The other is Cress, we can play Johnson, but that is a big miss and even if Cress starts, will he last and be committed enough? If he is not more than 75% I'd start Johnson just to keep Cress fit for the long term. After all, he has done well against the big boys before. I would also start Benrahma which does cause a little concern for that side, but I think Rice & Soucek can come over to cover enough.

Rice will play this one even if he has one leg and he will put in a dominating masterful performance.

No questions for me Lanzini starts over Fornals. Haller also has to start even if Antonio is ready. Learn your lessons Moyes, bring him on for 20 mins at the end and ease him in.

Fab
Coufal Balbuena Oggy Johnson
Rice Soucek
Bowen Lanzini Benrahma
Haller

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BCHammer wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:54 pm I'll take a 1-1. I think both would too.

They have lost two on the bounce, so you can look at that two ways a) they are going to be desperate to bounce back or b) we can hit them while they are down. We score every game, they are not great at defending set pieces, we have their number recently, this is the exact type of game we show up for and it will be a more fluid game than Palace.

I'd say we could do them, but there are some big question marks though. If Balbuena is still not fit, Diop scares me in there. Dawson is not the answer, whatever the question is. I think I would rather put Baptiste in there...

The other is Cress, we can play Johnson, but that is a big miss and even if Cress starts, will he last and be committed enough? If he is not more than 75% I'd start Johnson just to keep Cress fit for the long term. After all, he has done well against the big boys before. I would also start Benrahma which does cause a little concern for that side, but I think Rice & Soucek can come over to cover enough.

Rice will play this one even if he has one leg and he will put in a dominating masterful performance.

No questions for me Lanzini starts over Fornals. Haller also has to start even if Antonio is ready. Learn your lessons Moyes, bring him on for 20 mins at the end and ease him in.

Fab
Coufal Balbuena Oggy Johnson
Rice Soucek
Bowen Lanzini Benrahma
Haller
Werner's pace could be a problem imo. Lanzini looked not too bad when he came on against Palace, but we need Fornals ability to spot an opening and of course his workrate in this one. Benrahma goes back to the bench for me. Rice/Soucek are key as they're up against a top quality midfield. Kante for me is the best player of his kind in the league so hopefully Lampard will rest him for this one. :lol:

1-1 ? I'd bite your hand off. So would Moyes I' reckon.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Good news that Balbuena is fine and should slot in replacing Diop.

Hope this will be a good game but I think Chelsea will edge it 2-1.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

Think we need to go back to a back three

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Know I say it every week but we play a back 4 we get slaughtered down that left side .
Unless we play young Ben Johnson .

I’m a big fan of a back 4 , it gives the option of an extra striker or creator in there but with Cresswell OR Masuaku it’s a no no so a back 5 it has to be .

Chelsea are a pretty good side featuring some top class individuals and Moyes’ luck can’t hold forever so I’m hoping for a point but unless we score first I reckon we’ll get hammered 3 or 4
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Going to be a difficult game,but this team are capable of getting something.

Looking forward to it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:22 pm Going to be a difficult game,but this team are capable of getting something.

Looking forward to it.
I'd have been a lot happier if Chelsea hadn't lost their last 2 games. They don't strike me as a team who are going to lose 3 on the spin. When teams like us play one of the top boys over confidence is one thing that can sometimes work in our favour. If a side's lost a couple back to back that over confidence can be replaced by a determination to get back on the winning trail again.

But I'm confident we'll give them a game, which in itself is progress isn't it ? We've not done too shabbily against the teams at the top of the table. Four points from four games against the teams in the Top 6 we've played and there have only been two halves, the second half against both the Manchesters, where we looked out of our depth. Plus the opening 20 minutes at Spurs of course but as we more than made up for that I'll overlook it.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Reece James is out injured so that’s a help to our slowcoach left flank
Bring back Jonathon !