Chelsea vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
mkhammer

Re: Chelsea vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:43 pm
mkhammer wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:33 pm I watched a different game to you lot...Jesus ......we were right in that ,better side for best part of an hour of it...
Swap Abrahams for Haller we win that with ease...
Everyone worked hard including Noble.
Have no idea how we play OK when Haller is not on it...and AGAIN had to check team sheet see if Fornals was playing.
No shots on Target...we had the ball in net twice...both were seriously tight decisions.WTF did Bowen do,see absolutely
nothing.
Scoreline massively flattered the Cheats.

Playing Haller is gonna keep us Mid table....Moyes has to change that...false 9 or stick Yarmo in,but do something.
We can give anyone a game now,pleased with that..
Pissed off but not to unhappy we played well..
Noble worked hard. :o That may be true but his contribution to the game was, well, what exactly ? In fact I wasn't even sure what his role was supposed to be. Yes, we had the ball in the net twice but they didn't count as efforts because they were disallowed. Shame about the Rice goal because that was cleverly worked but it was the only bit of creativity we showed all night. The rest of the time it was a high ball into the centre and hoping someone got a decent head on it. Chelsea were pretty poor but they didn't have to be anything better to win comfortably.

And as for Haller. I'd have been spitting teeth if one of my kids had been caught offside as often as he was. Sorry but hard work is no substitute for basic ability. It should complement the ability, not replace it.
I said worked hard instead of played well mate,cos think we did work hard,but could have played a bit better in and around
the box..to me thats down to Haller...he struggles getting involved ,he'll lose possesion 70% of time,with a ball into him,
not great at laying off when he does have it under.
Yeah Nobes 8/10 for effort....6/10 effectiveness,we need more in that role,I'd have played that set up maybe with Lanzini
in the Nobes role...he's out so Ben or Fornals,would give Ben the nod at moment.
I love Nobes and deserves all the Mr West Ham stuff in my eyes,just can't fault the guy...But...doesn't mean I start him
I don't...I do slightly get Moyes thinking on it last night tho.

Think we're all agreed Haller aint doing it...time to look at other things if we have no Mickey,same as you with the Offside
thing,chucked a few FFSs at him last night.

Have no idea why Bowens goal was disallowed....and Decs new haircut was offside...should have kept the No 1... :lol:

Interesting thought Hard working team with Limited skills or Skillfull team with no great workrate...who wins....
When you find the Mix then you might just have a team.....

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Hammertime wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:46 pm I think we miss Masuaku more than Antonio to tell the truth. Since his injury we've abandoned the back 3 (5) thing and look more flat in our defensive shape, Cresswell has less cover in defensive positions and we're try to force Fornals into a position he's not suited to. This team was really flowing with Arfur at both ends of the pitch. That said, we were unlucky not to get at least one and make that an tighter finish.
Yeah mate,surprisingly we're really missing Arthur....might have been tempted to Put Ben Johnson over there so we could have
still used it....last night definately would have used a 3/5.

Post by 9898 »

Facts of the match;

Chelsea strolled and did not get out of second gear.
Noble played better than Fornals.
Haller was appalling and not as effective as Sandy Clark or lee Chapman.
Cresswell and Ogbonna seen for what they are when playing in a back 4 rather than back 8.
Soucek offered nothing apart from an aerial threat at set pieces.
Bowen needs to get his head up when in possession.
Midfielders never got beyond Haller.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

andyginbrasil wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:42 pm
mkhammer wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:33 pm I watched a different game to you lot...Jesus ......we were right in that ,better side for best part of an hour of it...
Swap Abrahams for Haller we win that with ease...
Everyone worked hard including Noble.
Have no idea how we play OK when Haller is not on it...and AGAIN had to check team sheet see if Fornals was playing.
No shots on Target...we had the ball in net twice...both were seriously tight decisions.WTF did Bowen do,see absolutely
nothing.
Scoreline massively flattered the Cheats.

Playing Haller is gonna keep us Mid table....Moyes has to change that...false 9 or stick Yarmo in,but do something.
We can give anyone a game now,pleased with that..
Pissed off but not to unhappy we played well..
Fornals needs to play in the middle......when he did he was useful ...since he's been pushed out wide out of position his form has suffered....thats down to Popeye not Fornals...but I agree with you mate we looked capable of at least nicking a point
Yeah agree we need someone in middle,where Nobes played yesterday...But for me think Lanza would be better there,
or Ben...
Good Player Like him...but is not in the game for really long periods...has to learn when to come looking for the ball,
find a bit of space..
Notice how Bowen comes right inside to get involved,he needs to do the same otherside...
But not keen on the one central 2 wide thing....FBs should be the wide guys,and the 3 advanced move in closer to each
other.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Bowens goal should have stood, absolutely no contact with Silva, then might have been a very different game. Think we would have upped our game.
Notice no VAR check again.
Anyway we move on, and hopefully Antonio can get fit and we start causing some problems for defenders.
Oh and Haller can fuck right off.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:08 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:43 pm

Noble worked hard. :o That may be true but his contribution to the game was, well, what exactly ? In fact I wasn't even sure what his role was supposed to be. Yes, we had the ball in the net twice but they didn't count as efforts because they were disallowed. Shame about the Rice goal because that was cleverly worked but it was the only bit of creativity we showed all night. The rest of the time it was a high ball into the centre and hoping someone got a decent head on it. Chelsea were pretty poor but they didn't have to be anything better to win comfortably.

And as for Haller. I'd have been spitting teeth if one of my kids had been caught offside as often as he was. Sorry but hard work is no substitute for basic ability. It should complement the ability, not replace it.
I said worked hard instead of played well mate,cos think we did work hard,but could have played a bit better in and around
the box..to me thats down to Haller...he struggles getting involved ,he'll lose possesion 70% of time,with a ball into him,
Yeah Nobes 8/10 for effort....6/10 effectiveness,we need more in that role,I'd have played that set up maybe with Lanzini
in the Nobes role...he's out so Ben or Fornals,would give Ben the nod at moment.
I love Nobes and deserves all the Mr West Ham stuff in my eyes,just can't fault the guy...But...doesn't mean I start him

Think we're all agreed Haller aint doing it...time to look at other things if we have no Mickey,same as you with the Offside

Have no idea why Bowens goal was disallowed....and Decs new haircut was offside...should have kept the No 1... :lol:

Interesting thought Hard working team with Limited skills or Skillfull team with no great workrate...who wins....
Tbh I expect any player to work hard. Let's be fair if you or I were thrown onto a field we'd work hard. Wouldn't stop us being a pair of useless cunts though, would it ? For me it's patently obvious Noble no longer has the gas in the tank to offer us anything any more. Surprised you actually give him a 6. For the life of me I honestly don't recall anything he achieved out there last night. Sad thing was at times he appeared just to be going through the motions. Problem is his legs don't seem able to enable him to do a lot more. Age catches up with everyone eventually. He should hang up his boots at season's end. I'd hate to see him hang on too long like Bonzo did. Sir Trev got it right. Pack up while you're still in the team on merit rather than plod on and tarnish the legacy.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

So two perfectly good goals chalked off without the VAR forensic analysis afforded to the Sky faves.

Fucking sickening.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:02 pm So two perfectly good goals chalked off without the VAR forensic analysis afforded to the Sky faves.

Fucking sickening.
Yep, a total fucking farce mate. It will only get worse

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:58 pm
mkhammer wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:08 am

Tbh I expect any player to work hard. Let's be fair if you or I were thrown onto a field we'd work hard. Wouldn't stop us being a pair of useless cunts though, would it ? For me it's patently obvious Noble no longer has the gas in the tank to offer us anything any more. Surprised you actually give him a 6. For the life of me I honestly don't recall anything he achieved out there last night. Sad thing was at times he appeared just to be going through the motions. Problem is his legs don't seem able to enable him to do a lot more. Age catches up with everyone eventually. He should hang up his boots at season's end. I'd hate to see him hang on too long like Bonzo did. Sir Trev got it right. Pack up while you're still in the team on merit rather than plod on and tarnish the legacy.
Been thinking a bit about this one (thus the tardy response) but if you are going to play Noble against a team like Chelsea, why not play him as part of a holding mid, where he's played his entire career and where his reading of the game and positional strength would mitigate his lack of pace, as it's done his whole career. I mean in this position at least the game is coming to him rather than him looking lost further up the field trying to chase and watching the ball bypass him time and time again. Surely Rice or Soucek would do better in that role than him in front of the other 2.
#fuckqatar2022