West Ham vs Man Utd Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Man Utd Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Following our win against Villa which we weren't performing great, hopefully the players will do much better as Man Utd has WON 4 away games out of 4 this season so that one to watch and need to sharpen players abilities. International has drained Soucek and Rice but hopefully they will return to their best. Antonio was lacking match fitness but that normal usually the case when coming back from injuries. Would be nice if Benrahma has a starting place but who to replace is the main question to either Masuaku or Fornals whom both are doing great but this is Man Utd who is still largely a very strong side despite lowly position. Man Utd has Paris SG on Wed night at 8pm.

Moyes will decide whether to stick the same 5-4-1 formation or not.

Fabianski

Coufal
Balbuena
Ogbonna
Cresswell
Masuaku/Benrahma

Rice
Soucek
Fornals
Bowen

Antonio/Haller.

All I hope to perform better and not to head drop.

COYI whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

OZHAMMER

Re: West Ham vs Man Utd Official Match Thread

Post by OZHAMMER »

Good one Ibby.

I give us a good chance in this one.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Yep good start Ibbs .

Moyes Out !
Bring back Jonathon !

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:59 pm Yep good start Ibbs .

Moyes Out !
9898 OUT! :lol: :lol:

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Cracking intro Ibbs, perked me right up reading that...

Basically, we look a bit stale in certain areas and in need of re-nourishment. Our last good team performance was away to Liverpool (lost) and subsequent three games were all won while playing very flat. However, we do literally come out to play against the bigger teams, so from a performance point of view improvements should be visible.

On the evidence of Monday night, Fabianski looks to be well back to his showing-off best and I think we might need him to be...

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Fancy at least a draw.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:54 pm Cracking intro Ibbs, perked me right up reading that...

Basically, we look a bit stale in certain areas and in need of re-nourishment. Our last good team performance was away to Liverpool (lost) and subsequent three games were all won while playing very flat. However, we do literally come out to play against the bigger teams, so from a performance point of view improvements should be visible.

On the evidence of Monday night, Fabianski looks to be well back to his showing-off best and I think we might need him to be...
Wwe do seem to play better against the better teams but we shouldn't forget that most of those teams tend to play on the front foot. That suits the . counter attacking style we have developed. Man United tend to prefer a counter attacking game as well tbh. Some of their results against teams who they are expecting to break down have been poor.

The big thing in our favour imo is the fact they've won about 9 away games on the spin. I believe in the law of averages. But I'm not going to predict a win because whenever I predict we lose, we don't. I predicted losses against Spurs, Arsenal, City & Wolves. OK I also predicted a loss against Liverpool but we played bloody well up there and on another day could have come away with something.

So it's a 1-2 defeat for me. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:40 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:54 pm Cracking intro Ibbs, perked me right up reading that...

Wwe do seem to play better against the better teams but we shouldn't forget that most of those teams tend to play on the front foot. That suits the . counter attacking style we have developed. Man United tend to prefer a counter attacking game as well tbh. Some of their results against teams who they are expecting to break down have been poor.

The big thing in our favour imo is the fact they've won about 9 away games on the spin. I believe in the law of averages. But I'm not going to predict a win because whenever I predict we lose, we don't. I predicted losses against Spurs, Arsenal, City & Wolves. OK I also predicted a loss against Liverpool but we played bloody well up there and on another day could have come away with something.

So it's a 1-2 defeat for me. ;)
Tricky match as Man Utd are capable of beating any team in their away days, Southampton were cruising 2-0 up but their wheels came off so we need to keep our wheel tightly.

JayK

Post by JayK »

I think Villa had won all their away games too so I’m not worried about that stat. I also think we were up against a trickier and in form player in Grealish than what Man Utd have to offer.
I got us down for a draw in this one. Moyes never beats the big 6 remember.....or very very rarely anyway
COYI!!!

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

JayK wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:25 pm I think Villa had won all their away games too so I’m not worried about that stat. I also think we were up against a trickier and in form player in Grealish than what Man Utd have to offer.
I got us down for a draw in this one. Moyes never beats the big 6 remember.....or very very rarely anyway
If we are going to take out the title this season Jay, we have to start by beating the top 6 more often than not.