Where the f*** does the Messiah say this ???

Chat about anything football related here!
mkhammer

Re: Where the f*** does the Messiah say this ???

Post by mkhammer »

Would say it's the strongest squad of players we've had in a while.....decent cover nearly everywhere...
Find it hard to pick a starting 11 /set up now,usually picks itself moreorless...However saying that...Theres a fucking Gaping
hole in back up...we all know where it is....if Moyes doesn't know that,goes down a few points in my estimation..

Dec or Soucek go down...the whole set up/game plan changes....we lose anyone else we have cover..Even Darren in goal
is decent cover.....But we need to Start Looking around Next Year for a top keeper...they cost a few bucks now tho.... :lol:

Think sometimes a manager will say stuff to big his players up...along the lines of...yeah we have some very good players
here,I'm happy with them...doesn't mean he doesn't want even better...

Prob we have is, real classy players wont come here and bench sit...the top bods the "6" don't have that problem.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

mkhammer wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:44 am Would say it's the strongest squad of players we've had in a while.....decent cover nearly everywhere...
Find it hard to pick a starting 11 /set up now,usually picks itself moreorless...However saying that...Theres a fucking Gaping
hole in back up...we all know where it is....if Moyes doesn't know that,goes down a few points in my estimation..

Dec or Soucek go down...the whole set up/game plan changes....we lose anyone else we have cover..Even Darren in goal
is decent cover.....But we need to Start Looking around Next Year for a top keeper...they cost a few bucks now tho.... :lol:

Think sometimes a manager will say stuff to big his players up...along the lines of...yeah we have some very good players

Prob we have is, real classy players wont come here and bench sit...the top bods the "6" don't have that problem.
Is it really the strongest squad of players we've had in a while ? , where is the backup Antonio , backup for Bowen , the backup Fornals , the backup Masuaku , backup Dec , backup Soucek , we have a RB playing as a RWB .
Haller would be ideal with different players around him , Antonio for Bowen , pace instead of what Fornals does ( Benrahma maybe or Lanzini ), we don't have backup for Masuaku ( Fans mention Longelo , really , maybe even Johnson but is he a LWB ), Noble instead of Dec lets get real no chance , Snodgrass instead of Soucek , have a laugh would be better off playing Fornals there . As for our RWB situation lets put Fredericks back on the pitch and see how we do . Not sure we have decent cover in goal .
In my eyes we don't actually have any cover for the system/tactics Moyes insists on playing every match .

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Clayton wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:19 pm
mkhammer wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:44 am Would say it's the strongest squad of players we've had in a while.....decent cover nearly everywhere...

Is it really the strongest squad of players we've had in a while ? , where is the backup Antonio , backup for Bowen , the backup Fornals , the backup Masuaku , backup Dec , backup Soucek , we have a RB playing as a RWB .
Haller would be ideal with different players around him , Antonio for Bowen , pace instead of what Fornals does ( Benrahma maybe or Lanzini ), we don't have backup for Masuaku ( Fans mention Longelo , really , maybe even Johnson but is he a LWB ), Noble instead of Dec lets get real no chance , Snodgrass instead of Soucek , have a laugh would be better off playing Fornals there . As for our RWB situation lets put Fredericks back on the pitch and see how we do . Not sure we have decent cover in goal .
In my eyes we don't actually have any cover for the system/tactics Moyes insists on playing every match .
Yes I believe it's nearly our strongest Squad we've had for a while,maybe ever.........and repeating myself... but we're to
Dependant on Declan..who at some point will pick up a knock...Him and Tomas are huge for us...we cant cover what they
do...is why I say nearly...it does let the whole thing down that..
Everywhere else we can cover...as you point out...back ups are never as strong as starters less you're a top 6 side.
All the players you mention can/could do a job...we have Issa,Yarmo,Lanzini,Ben.can't get starts..Holland,Alesi,Ashby,
who I would be happy with on bench..
It's not all doom and gloom the whole time mate...

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Good points. But I've just watched the second half of the Saints v Man United game. Henderson, an international keeper, came on for de Gea, another international keeper because of injury,. Cavani, a world class striker, albeit a tad past his sell by, also came on. But Manchester United are a club who can afford to carry that sort of quality in their squad. Clubs at our level of the game can't.

Not to mention that players of that calibre are content to warm the bench for Man United but ask them to do the same at West Ham, Southampton or Crystal Palace and they'd tell you to do one.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

I agree with you,we don't have cover for the tactics that Moyes uses.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:13 pm

I have a 2 point solution which would solve all our team selection problems.
Firstly buy a young player capable of deputising for Rice and/or Soucek.
Secondly buy an actual proper left back that is capable of defending.

Then the tactical /formation possibilities are endless.
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:58 pm

But Moyes is happy with his squad 🤣🤣🤣
COYI!!!

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

mkhammer wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:57 pm

Yes I believe it's nearly our strongest Squad we've had for a while,maybe ever.........and repeating myself... but we're to
Dependant on Declan..who at some point will pick up a knock...Him and Tomas are huge for us...we cant cover what they
Everywhere else we can cover...as you point out...back ups are never as strong as starters less you're a top 6 side.
All the players you mention can/could do a job...we have Issa,Yarmo,Lanzini,Ben.can't get starts..Holland,Alesi,Ashby,
So now your saying it's "nearly" our strongest squad , and not out strongest squad , where are all these decent players on the bench ? , I agree we have Diop a decent CB , Benrahma a player with potential ,but that is not where our problems are , we are having to play Haller in a system that just doesn't work for him . . Players like Holland , Alesi , Ashby even a few more Coventry , Longelo and that young striker are not on the bench , what youth are .
Where are these decent wingbacks you speak of on the bench ? we don't even have a decent CM on the bench , and as you say no backup for our leader and DM .

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:58 pm

Ok then , in my humble opinion we should go get 22 year old Dutchman Teun Koopmeiners £20m ( but would more then likely end up pushing Soucek onto the bench 😲 ) , and we would see more of Declan getting forward as a box to box midfielder as he appears to be evolving his game even more of late . Or if Dec's is sold 😢😢😢.
As for a LWB I would go get 23 year old Romain Perraud £12m a French kid who in my eyes would push Masuaku onto the bench .
23 year old Adam Armstrong £15m as a striker . 23 year old Joakim Maehle a young Danish RWB £18m .
Actually imo these would all get starting places . Just go get a decent Keeper and we would have a half decent bench then .

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Clayton wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:47 am
mkhammer wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:57 pm

So now your saying it's "nearly" our strongest squad , and not out strongest squad , where are all these decent players on the bench ? , I agree we have Diop a decent CB , Benrahma a player with potential ,but that is not where our problems are , we are having to play Haller in a system that just doesn't work for him . . Players like Holland , Alesi , Ashby even a few more Coventry , Longelo and that young striker are not on the bench , what youth are .
Where are these decent wingbacks you speak of on the bench ? we don't even have a decent CM on the bench , and as you say no backup for our leader and DM .
Very first line of my opening post...Believe it's our strongest squad in a "WHILE"....(Which it is,call it crap if you want,but it
is for us)with "NEARLY" ...cover every where...Nearly how many more times do you want me to say it....We need classy cover
in CMF...I gave my reasons why we can't get that,everywhere else we have workarounds,guys that can come in,that have
played PL football.

Question..........do you want us to change a system that is working at this moment in time...and crack on with it,or change it
and start losing...a win tonite and quarter of way thru season we're sitting 5th...

Moyes is not picking the side I would...we wont progress from a decent side to a good side till we have a Central Playmaker
IMO.....would also play a 3 up top.....a 4-3-3.....but I'm hoping thats to come...But ..
What Moyes is doing from a team building perspective for us I get,shut up shop,stop conceding,gain confidence and
team spirit,and build on that.

I've said before he has seriously pissed me off with stuff...but he's the boss.and while he is getting pretty good results,
I'll try support him..