Maradona

Chat about anything football related here!
HammerJammer

Re: Maradona

Post by HammerJammer »

He's in God's hands now.
Click here and enter 9898 to block the TottenScum Troll

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

HammerJammer wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:36 pm He's in God's hands now.
:lol:

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Great footballer, terrible human being.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Definitely had talent , but came across as a very sad human being , not sure why he was put on a pedestal by so many .

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

A footballer blessed with remarkable technical virtuosity and balance, aligned with a sorcerer's mastery of geometry and space.

There have been others with such gifts but Maradona mostly performed within the confines of average teams. That will always define his place amongst the very elite.

I'm not able to judge him as the best footballer of all time, but it shouldn't be difficult to accommodate him in the best footballing XI to date.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

mkhammer wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:58 am Great Player no doubt....funny how we've been talkin bout cheating..should you do it...I said if it meant winning the
top prize for your country,maybe it is..understandable,if not right.So much as I hate the little fucker for it...I get it.

Think Messi is as good if not better..for that sort of game.

Also reckon we should say worlds greatest Forward ....Cruff still maybe the Worlds Best,Cos he was a complete Footballer.
All well and good, head down running beating players...looks great,but the best players can do that plus have a
passing game,with vision, etc...Cruff could do so much more than he could.

Theres a few I'd put ahead of him..when it comes to Worlds Greatest Player..
Cruff :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :x :x :lol: :x :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

mkhammer wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:58 am Great Player no doubt....funny how we've been talkin bout cheating..should you do it...I said if it meant winning the
top prize for your country,maybe it is..understandable,if not right.So much as I hate the little fucker for it...I get it.

Also reckon we should say worlds greatest Forward ....Cruff still maybe the Worlds Best,Cos he was a complete Footballer.
All well and good, head down running beating players...looks great,but the best players can do that plus have a

Maradona was out on his own for me.THE GREATEST!

Let`s be honest and I remember clearly back in 1986,this fella single handed won Argentina the World Cup.They were a very average side and he was just sensational and unplayable.He was simply breathtaking.

Then you see him take Napoli to two Serie A titles,who were the equivalent of a Birmingham or Stoke City.Let`s not forget,Italy was by far the best League to ply your trade in back in the 1980's. All the best players went there.

Cruyff and Messi never did that with theirs countries and they always had great players round them for Ajax and Barcelona.Messi is the nearest I have seen,but Diego was a class up..He did it in a time when you were kicked off the park and pitches were not like carpets,like now.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:52 pm

I know it's terrible when they go to the dogs.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:29 pm
Newmarket wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:52 pm

I know it's terrible when they go to the dogs.
Man, that’s paw
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:23 pm

Maradona was out on his own for me.THE GREATEST!

Let`s be honest and I remember clearly back in 1986,this fella single handed won Argentina the World Cup.They were a very average side and he was just sensational and unplayable.He was simply breathtaking.

Then you see him take Napoli to two Serie A titles,who were the equivalent of a Birmingham or Stoke City.Let`s not forget,Italy was by far the best League to ply your trade in back in the 1980's. All the best players went there.

Cruyff and Messi never did that with theirs countries and they always had great players round them for Ajax and Barcelona.Messi is the nearest I have seen,but Diego was a class up..He did it in a time when you were kicked off the park and pitches were not like carpets,like now.
For me Messi shades it in the best of all time stakes. Critics will say he's never won a World Cup but for me the Champions League in today's football is a bigger prize. Maradona was a great player, as was Cruyff and, for that matter, so was George Best who had the disadvantage internationally of being Irish. But I think those of us who have enjoyed watching football in the 80s and onwards have been very fortunate to have seen a number of really great players during that time.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?