The Official West Ham v Aston Villa Match thread

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: The Official West Ham v Aston Villa Match thread

Post by h69 »

Castiron wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:00 am Antonio should never have started. Most of us knew it.
Moyes has admitted he felt tight in his hamstring at half time, that's why he was pulled.
Worrying that Moyes planned for this game with him in mind after a month out!.
It very nearly backfired and in all honesty it should have.
But it didnt so no issue. Small margins mate.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Think thats about the worst I've seen us play in a while,and I mean a while,we were terrible,haven't spent so much
time shouting at us in a long time...right back to the long hoof ball stuff,Peller let creep in.
If Grealish and his mates stopped throwing themselves to the ground every five minutes,they might discover,they'll
create more clear cuts,instead of letting a side get prepared and ready for a cross ..defending a free kick...
Free kicks don't always get you the advantage,you'll create more problems from open play.

But Playing crap and winning can do as much for team spirit and confidences as winning well..
and looking at the table takes so much pressure off,we lose last night,lose to Mancs,we're 16th again,so a huge win.

Am pissed off still,we have nothing in the middle,no outlet,no playmaker,it's all get it wide,with a long ball down the
flanks,from FBs or a long punt from our CHs....frustrating to watch at times.
We might be better of with a 3-5-2...sticking one of our wide strikers in with Dec and Tomas,as the playmaker..
attacking centrally more,with ball into feet stuff....use the WB a as wingers...we're to spread out across the pitch,
WBs and wide attackers..leaves gaps in the middle...we were playing 2 against 4 at times centrally last night.

But the good stuff....Everyones saying Moyes is stuck in a 3/5 set up...and he changes it during a game ,which I really like.
Would have done exactly the same last night,only way to get Ben On...otherwise it's Bowen or Fornals,and every
fucker would be shouting...thats wrong.
And somehow, someway he has us nicking games that we shouldn't be winning...fuck knows how,but well done,
fair dues..
Hopefully it'll all come together against Mancs.play well and win... :D

It's what David says he does......He Wins.... :lol:

We're up to 5th...won a fair bit on the game ...and still fucking moaning......just gotta love the Irons..... :lol:

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

I could not agree more.

Having said that, if we play like that against Man Utd on Saturday we will surely be beaten.
Flairon

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:49 am Didnt really deserve that win, Football is really becoming a laughing stock when a decision of a fraction of a millimetre can decide the outcome of a,game, 3 or 4 years ago that would have been a goal and i doubt any of us would have queried it. Technology now allows.Then again, i think the penalty was soft also.

Seriously?, because my initial reaction was that it was offside. I instantly became concerned when they went to the VAR fearing the worst.
Flairon

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

mkhammer wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:27 am Think thats about the worst I've seen us play in a while,and I mean a while,we were terrible,haven't spent so much
time shouting at us in a long time...right back to the long hoof ball stuff,Peller let creep in.
If Grealish and his mates stopped throwing themselves to the ground every five minutes,they might discover,they'll
create more clear cuts,instead of letting a side get prepared and ready for a cross ..defending a free kick...
Free kicks don't always get you the advantage,you'll create more problems from open play.

But Playing crap and winning can do as much for team spirit and confidences as winning well..
and looking at the table takes so much pressure off,we lose last night,lose to Mancs,we're 16th again,so a huge win.

Am pissed off still,we have nothing in the middle,no outlet,no playmaker,it's all get it wide,with a long ball down the
flanks,from FBs or a long punt from our CHs....frustrating to watch at times.
We might be better of with a 3-5-2...sticking one of our wide strikers in with Dec and Tomas,as the playmaker..
attacking centrally more,with ball into feet stuff....use the WB a as wingers...we're to spread out across the pitch,
WBs and wide attackers..leaves gaps in the middle...we were playing 2 against 4 at times centrally last night.

But the good stuff....Everyones saying Moyes is stuck in a 3/5 set up...and he changes it during a game ,which I really like.
Would have done exactly the same last night,only way to get Ben On...otherwise it's Bowen or Fornals,and every
fucker would be shouting...thats wrong.
And somehow, someway he has us nicking games that we shouldn't be winning...fuck knows how,but well done,
fair dues..
Hopefully it'll all come together against Mancs.play well and win... :D

It's what David says he does......He Wins.... :lol:

We're up to 5th...won a fair bit on the game ...and still fucking moaning......just gotta love the Irons..... :lol:
That's why we need a player like Teun Koopmeiners in the middle , he would give us so much more creativity . Already a Dutch international and still only 22 .

Dagger

Post by Dagger »

at least Antonio got 45 mins under his belt

give him the first half against manure then put Haller on

could keep him fit and will not cause his hamstring to get fatigued

poor game for us but 3 points, back in the day we would have lost that 5-2 no problem

lady luck and a dogged spirit from what looked like a tired team last night, not complaining

lets hope they have all had there uppers for Saturday whufc_crest

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Flairon wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:26 am
eskimo joe wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:49 am Didnt really deserve that win, Football is really becoming a laughing stock when a decision of a fraction of a millimetre can decide the outcome of a,game, 3 or 4 years ago that would have been a goal and i doubt any of us would have queried it. Technology now allows.Then again, i think the penalty was soft also.

Seriously?, because my initial reaction was that it was offside. I instantly became concerned when they went to the VAR fearing the worst.
So obvious that it needed VAR minutes and the math matical gear to go into action. And even then it was debatable..
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

We weren't very good, rode our luck a bit but managed to win despite Jack Girlish and his best efforts to cheat every 3 seconds. Refs really need to get a grip on his perpetual dying swan routine and start dishing out cards to him from minute one. It would also help if the PL started taking retrospective action against his Tony award worthy theatrics.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

hd1

Post by hd1 »

"Didn't deserve to win that"

How many times have we come away from games saying the opposite, that we should have won or at least got a point? Given we didn't get any rub of the green in terms of decisions from the officials I reckon it was karma.

As for missing Ogbonas 'bear hug', no one has mentioned that it did not hamper Watkins and that he went on to score, albeit an offside goal. This bollox about his arm was only up because he was fouled is exactly that, bollox. He can't run without putting his arms out and he was in the process of running!

The penalty was soft, that little tug did not cause the sniper reaction, however it is a foul to tug the shirt. I'm more concerned about penalties being given for the minimal of contact (Salah, Wellbeck). The questions should be a) Was there Contact, b) was it before or after contact with the ball, c) if yes and before contact with the ball was it enough to prevent the player from continuing (shooting or passing) i.e. did it cause them to stumble or fall or has the player exaggerated the reaction.

One really poor decision last night was the free kick given against Declan, when he ran across the player when he was having a shot. The players follow through meant he kicked Declan and then he fell over. It was never a free kick in a million years

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:47 am
Flairon wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:26 am

So obvious that it needed VAR minutes and the math matical gear to go into action. And even then it was debatable..
The whole VAR millimeter thing is bullshit. Linesman also used to call goals offside even when they weren't so whose to say if the lino actually had to make a decision he wouldn't have called it offside? He didn't have to make a decision because for any tight calls they no longer have to.

Secondly offside is black or white. Its always been a millimeter decision. There is nothing wrong with VAR - the rules of the game are the same as they were 50 years ago and need changing to keep up. Make offside heads only, or feet only, but there will always be that comparison and there will always be millimeter decisions.

We were shit and Villa were far the better side. We were great against Arsenal and walked away with nothing.

If VAR had called out the diving in that match Villa would have been left with 8 on the pitch - they were a disgrace