The Official West Ham v Aston Villa Match thread

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: The Official West Ham v Aston Villa Match thread

Post by eskimo joe »

your memory must be fading if you think that offside could be decided by millimetres 50 years ago. Rules have changed, and not all for the good of the game. Offside has now become so rediculous that the reason for its origin has been lost .
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

You or rather I get the feeling that if we had Grealish (and I'm not condoning his antics) Moyes would have him spend more time on the bench than on the pitch.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Didn’t hear Villa complain much over the goal line fuck up
that turned out saved their sorry arses last season.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Shortshanks wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:16 pm You or rather I get the feeling that if we had Grealish (and I'm not condoning his antics) Moyes would have him spend more time on the bench than on the pitch.
Not enough running you mean? :lol:
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

JayK

Post by JayK »

hd1 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:04 pm "Didn't deserve to win that"

How many times have we come away from games saying the opposite, that we should have won or at least got a point? Given we didn't get any rub of the green in terms of decisions from the officials I reckon it was karma.

As for missing Ogbonas 'bear hug', no one has mentioned that it did not hamper Watkins and that he went on to score, albeit an offside goal. This bollox about his arm was only up because he was fouled is exactly that, bollox. He can't run without putting his arms out and he was in the process of running!

The penalty was soft, that little tug did not cause the sniper reaction, however it is a foul to tug the shirt. I'm more concerned about penalties being given for the minimal of contact (Salah, Wellbeck). The questions should be a) Was there Contact, b) was it before or after contact with the ball, c) if yes and before contact with the ball was it enough to prevent the player from continuing (shooting or passing) i.e. did it cause them to stumble or fall or has the player exaggerated the reaction.

One really poor decision last night was the free kick given against Declan, when he ran across the player when he was having a shot. The players follow through meant he kicked Declan and then he fell over. It was never a free kick in a million years
Agree with all that.

And as for the bear hug, if there was no bear hug he woulda been offside anyway
COYI!!!

Towie

Post by Towie »

Saw the stats said Villa were awarded 20 fouls compared to our 7. How can that be? We were not overly physical or been dirty.
I don’t like to say the ref was biased but it really was one of the worst referee displays I’ve seen for a while.
Not sure who the ref was as never seen him before, just hope we don’t see him again.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

Towie wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:20 pm Saw the stats said Villa were awarded 20 fouls compared to our 7. How can that be? We were not overly physical or been dirty.
I don’t like to say the ref was biased but it really was one of the worst referee displays I’ve seen for a while.
Not sure who the ref was as never seen him before, just hope we don’t see him again.
Dont remember the name but it was said he started out last season.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

thomasswe wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:34 am
Towie wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:20 pm Saw the stats said Villa were awarded 20 fouls compared to our 7. How can that be? We were not overly physical or been dirty.

It was a bloke called Banks. Never heard of him before tbh. Looked a bit of a fag if truth be told. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:20 am
thomasswe wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:34 am

It was a bloke called Banks. Never heard of him before tbh. Looked a bit of a fag if truth be told. ;)
Declan sussed him pretty quick - he could tell he slept on the wrong side of the mattress early doors...

JayK

Post by JayK »

🤣🤣🤣
COYI!!!