The Official West Ham v Aston Villa Match thread

Chat about anything football related here!
coburn

Re: The Official West Ham v Aston Villa Match thread

Post by coburn »

A win today and we are 5th :o whufc_crest

come on lads!

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Anyone else dreading potentially going 5th as it's a greater height to fall from? :roll:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Hammertime wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:48 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:41 pm

I think Antonio/Haller up front would be a decent pairing but , like you, I don't think we'll see it because it would mean leaving someone out, probably Bowen, to accommodate it. I'm still to be completely convinced about Bowen. Love his industry but there's something about him that reminds me of the worst aspect of the old Antonio. Head down and not really thinking about what comes next. But that said he's putting in some decent shifts and is worth his place in the side no doubt about that. And he's young enough to learn all about better decision making. And he hasn't got to worry about what Fredericks is doing behind him anymore which is a big plus.

Tbh I'd keep the same side that started on Sunday. Antonio on the bench would give us a few options if things weren't going too well and Haller, imo, had a very decent game Sunday and deserves to keep his place.
His head-down industry was the reason we scored the only goal against the blades. That plus his industry and pace on that right flank make him irreplaceable in this team right now.
Which is why I said there is no doubt he is worth his place in the side. But his apparent lack of awareness of what's around him is an area of his game he needs to work on imo. He's still relatively new to the Premier League and he's still young enough to develop that aspect of his game. If he does he'll become a very decent player indeed.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

hd1 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:54 am Anyone else dreading potentially going 5th as it's a greater height to fall from? :roll:
Nah , might get a bit dizzy though , if we fall it will be because of the vertigo and nothing else , haven't you read the memo " Moyes is the best " ?

JayK

Post by JayK »

hd1 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:54 am Anyone else dreading potentially going 5th as it's a greater height to fall from? :roll:
Never dread it. But generally when we get an opportunity to reach dizzy heights we slip and fall on our face trying to get there. If we don’t slip, I might think differently. If we do win tonight I guess we’ll have another test of our mental strength.
COYI!!!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

JayK wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:35 am
Never dread it. But generally when we get an opportunity to reach dizzy heights we slip and fall on our face trying to get there. If we don’t slip, I might think differently. If we do win tonight I guess we’ll have another test of our mental strength.
Couldn't agree more.When we look to be getting into a good position,we blow it.

Tbf to Moyes,we are more dogged,but you know this is West Ham.

I would take a 1-0 win tonight.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:19 am
Ibbyham wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:09 pm If West Ham win, we would jump to 5th place as Everton and Southampton lost.
...and we all know what happens historically when West Ham have the opportunity to hit those dizzy heights don’t we ?
That what worrying me as last season we were 4th after 7 games then injuries mount up, form dipped, bottom 3 by Xmas and Pellegrini got the boot. The only season that we did not dropped heavily after top 5 before December was in 1998-99 when we were 2nd after 15 games and 26 points before being bashed by cunt Leeds Utd 4-0 and for a short form dipped but not lower then 8th then at the end of the season started picked up form before bashed 5-1 by Leeds and 6-0 by Everton before we thumped Middlesbrough to clinch 5th place and a spot in Intertoto-2-bob cup for enroute to UEFA Cup.

All we hope we keep our momentum going, keep injuries to absolute minimum, as after Villa we got Man Utd, Chelsea and our bogey team, Leeds so hopefully to keep our form going.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

JayK

Post by JayK »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:46 am

Yeah we are. Showed that against Spurs.
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Nothing wrong with a 1-0 win. You get 3 points for 1-0, same as 5-0. And 2 points more than if you draw 3-3 in an ened to end thriller.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:32 pm

Nothing wrong with a 1-0 win. You get 3 points for 1-0, same as 5-0. And 2 points more than if you draw 3-3 in an ened to end thriller.
True,but it`s nice if you are 3 up with 10 minutes to play,unless your a Spurs fan :lol: