Benrahma's medical

Chat about anything football related here!
hamstew

Benrahma's medical

Post by hamstew »

Does anyone on here who may be better connected to anything club and staff/players related, have any idea about what's happened or happening about Benrahma's medical or health?

As it went rather quiet about it, the so called ITK ExWHUemployee mentioned earlier in the season that it could be quite serious and could be career ending but it has gone quiet since then and he seems like his playing with no actual physical problems at least :?: I had read that he will have a second medical at the end of the campaign but other than that that's all I or most of us know, so is anyone able to shed any light on his situation regarding his medical?

Oh and yes I am a nosy fucker.

mkhammer

Re: Benrahma's medical

Post by mkhammer »

hamstew wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:51 am Does anyone on here who may be better connected to anything club and staff/players related, have any idea about what's happened or happening about Benrahma's medical or health?

As it went rather quiet about it, the so called ITK ExWHUemployee mentioned earlier in the season that it could be quite serious and could be career ending but it has gone quiet since then and he seems like his playing with no actual physical problems at least :?: I had read that he will have a second medical at the end of the campaign but other than that that's all I or most of us know, so is anyone able to shed any light on his situation regarding his medical?

Nah good point,was something to do with a Blood Test I think....hadn't came back.or came back dodgy,needed more
tests...not sure..

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

hamstew wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:51 am Does anyone on here who may be better connected to anything club and staff/players related, have any idea about what's happened or happening about Benrahma's medical or health?

An interesting one. From the clubs point of view it would need to be something that doesn't impact their insurance policy. I'm compelled to reason that all players are insured these days...even at West Ham.

From the players perspective it might be something that is managed through medication, like an over/under active thyroid or something like that. Whatever it is, I imagine it's a borderline case and while not trivial, not necessarily impactful for the player or the club. Which at the end of the day translates into not a financial liability.

If he drops dead on the centre circle then it's obviously more serious and fingers will be pointed...

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Apparently there was a delay in the the results of some blood tests.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.footba ... 148509.amp
Flairon

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

Something with a blood test, just guessing but could be related to a hidden heart problem. (Didnt Diame also have an underlying heart relaed issue that was potentially dangerous). Quite a few footballers and pther athletes (along with countless others otherwise healthy people) has died just like that.

Hopefully its something that can be found and treated/maintained. Im sure it would be devastating for him to end his career prematurely but football isnt worth risking your health or life.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Presumably it's something that can be cleared up because I seem to remember reading that he's on loan at the moment and we can buy him in the summer. And I'm assuming that means whatever the problem was will have been addressed and sorted out. Otherwise we wouldn't consider buying him, would we ?

Oh, hang on a minute though-----
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:25 pm Presumably it's something that can be cleared up because I seem to remember reading that he's on loan at the moment and we can buy him in the summer. And I'm assuming that means whatever the problem was will have been addressed and sorted out. Otherwise we wouldn't consider buying him, would we ?

Oh, hang on a minute though-----
Wot happens if we get to the summer and the lad hasn't started a game yet ? do we send him back or award ourselves a self negotiated discount on the price