Blunt C**ts v West Ham official match thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Blunt C**ts v West Ham official match thread

Post by Newmarket »

I can’t see The 🦕 risking either Antonio or Ogbonna for this one and Yarmalenko will be missing with a slight cold so this is how I think The 🦖 will set us up .

Fabianski

Masuaku
Cresswell
Balbuena
Diop
Coufal

Fornals
Rice
Soucek
Bowen

Haller

This is the 90th league meeting between the clubs , West Ham winning 30 drawing 21 and losing 38 previously.

The Whippet rapers are yet to win a game this season so , predictably, this week’s opposition is an absolute god send for them.

Personally I’d “rest” both Masuaku and Cresswell for this one , bring the young lad in to play in a 4 man defence enabling an extra bit of creativity in midfield , maybe Play Fornals more centrally and getting Lanzini or Benrahma , and of course Bowen up to support Haller a bit more.

I expect the 🦕 to stick to the tried and trusted system though , only seeing Benrahma or Lanzini if and when we go behind.

Am I being overly negative towards this one ?

Pigeon fiddlers 1 West Ham 0
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Re: Blunt C**ts v West Ham official match thread

Post by JayK »

I don’t think you’re being negative. Except the result I think you’re probably bang on the money
COYI!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

The thing with Sheffield United, they lost last seasons goalkeeper and their defence has lost it's insurance...and they can't score any goals.
West Ham will kill them.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

They’ve definitely lost their sharpness
Another way win chalked up.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

I am a bit iffy on this match as in recent seasons, West Ham always lose to a team that has a bad winless run or players couldn't scored until us. All I hope not to repeat the same story and I don't care where Sheff Utd are or how many points they got......Now I know West Ham NEVER won at Sheff Utd in the Premier League and our last win there was in October 1989 at Bramall Lane which is becoming our bogey ground. Need to end those dreadful runs.

Not happy to have international matches before this game as our players will be more tired. At least we are playing on Sunday so that 1 day rest for the players to recover on Thursday before start serious training and fitness on Friday and Saturday. All I pray for all our players to come back unscathed. Hope Yarmolenko will recover and Antonio to be 100% ready but to start on sub bench, Ogbonna perhaps not ready for this match so Diop will deputise.

Fabianski

Coufal
Balbuena
Diop
Cresswell
Masuaku

Rice
Soucek
Fornals (left side)
Bowen (right side)

Haller (if no improvement, Antonio will come 2nd half)

COYI, please perform to top level, not head dropped or giving balls away....... whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Towie

Post by Towie »

No wins for Sheff Utd, you know what’s coming.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Towie wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:31 am No wins for Sheff Utd, you know what’s coming.
We’ll dominate possession and win comfortably.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Do not want to see Ogbonna or Antonio start , they will not be match fit , so lets bring them back slowly . If we cannot give Sheffield Utd a team who have not won a match this season a proper game with what we have at Moyes disposal there is still something wrong with his methods😲 .
And I do not buy into all that bollocks about the West Ham Way , getting results against the bigger teams and then drop points against the lesser teams .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:57 pm Do not want to see Ogbonna or Antonio start , they will not be match fit , so lets bring them back slowly . If we cannot give Sheffield Utd a team who have not won a match this season a proper game with what we have at Moyes disposal there is still something wrong with his methods😲 .
And I do not buy into all that bollocks about the West Ham Way , getting results against the bigger teams and then drop points against the lesser teams .
I don't particularly buy into it either. But our history is littered with results where we have been the patsys responsible for giving much needed points to those in need of them. It is a matter of record down the years. And we even have a fucking anthem to commemorate a century of underachievement. ;) ;) ;)

For what it's worth I anticipate a defeat at Bramall Lane, irrespective of whether or not we start Antonio & Ogbonna. I agree with the assessment we should not start them btw. Sheffield United are basically a side set up to respect the point. Precisely the sort of team we seem unable to break down. We will huff, and we will puff, but I don't see us bringing the house down tbh.

1-0.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Towie wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:31 am No wins for Sheff Utd, you know what’s coming.
Under the West Ham of the last 4 or 5 years,but this team has a bit more grit about them.They can dig in and frustrate the blades.If Antonio plays.we`ll win it.