Blunt C**ts v West Ham official match thread

Chat about anything football related here!
mkhammer

Re: Blunt C**ts v West Ham official match thread

Post by mkhammer »

hamstew wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:59 pm
Clayton wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:29 pm

Can't believe how any fan would think we would lose this match , all because we have done so well of late , and our so called history would predict a lose against a weaker side .
Does not the way we have played and been managed of late deserve us to be confident in our own ability and not some imaginary or fabricated idea named the West Ham Way .
Personally cannot see us losing the match , and I am not a glass half full type of fan , not really a glass-half-empty person either but will say it how I see it .
I am just glad or hope that the players and staff don't read the match threads and other threads on this forum with the amount of negativity and pessimism on here, by the way I fully understand the pessimism, I can be too at times but at the moment you have got to feel some what positive lately, we didn't slip up against Fulham (just!) and we dug in deep and worked hard and showed grit and determination and again tough to beat in that last game as we have done with the previous games, so it's not only the so called 'bigger, tougher' teams we can compete with but also, the so called 'smaller easier' teams as well, so far anyway.

Have faith.
Absolutely mate...Positivity breeds Confidence,Confidence gets you playing well and winning...winning brings
more Confidence and so on...
It's fine being a fan and having banter with it...makes conversation...But as a Manager of Players,wouldn't tolerate it...

My start of season talk is...does anyone here think we cant win the league...any sniggers, negative comments...
10 Fuckin Laps...and your talking everyones training kit home to wash... :lol: .Sunday League thru to the PL.....

h69

Post by h69 »

mkhammer wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:25 am
hamstew wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:59 pm

I am just glad or hope that the players and staff don't read the match threads and other threads on this forum with the amount of negativity and pessimism on here, by the way I fully understand the pessimism, I can be too at times but at the moment you have got to feel some what positive lately, we didn't slip up against Fulham (just!) and we dug in deep and worked hard and showed grit and determination and again tough to beat in that last game as we have done with the previous games, so it's not only the so called 'bigger, tougher' teams we can compete with but also, the so called 'smaller easier' teams as well, so far anyway.

Have faith.
Absolutely mate...Positivity breeds Confidence,Confidence gets you playing well and winning...winning brings
It's fine being a fan and having banter with it...makes conversation...But as a Manager of Players,wouldn't tolerate it...

My start of season talk is...does anyone here think we cant win the league...any sniggers, negative comments...
10 Fuckin Laps...and your talking everyones training kit home to wash... :lol: .Sunday League thru to the PL.....
I'll do Haller's Kit, will just need a light fold.....job done.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

h69 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:51 pm I'll do Haller's Kit, will just need a light fold.....job done.
Just let it go mate, you'll feel better for it

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

This does have a banana skin feel about is, does it not!?!

I would like to see Said Benrahma given a start tbh. Save for that I cannot argue with your starting 11.
Flairon

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Feels like it’s been an age since I’ve seen any football. I’m hanging out a bit for the weekend, and it’s only the Blunts. :?

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

What I heard players coming back from international are al fine and will rested today for recovery before a 2 days intense trainings to be ready for Sunday and at least, Sunday, not Saturday to give our players some breathing space.

Only Yarmolenko is absence as he is on isolation until next week otherwise a fully fit squad and Antonio will hopefully be ready on the bench.

Hope we will end the winless Premier League runs at Bramall Lane.

COYI!!!! whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

h69 wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:51 pm
mkhammer wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:25 am

I'll do Haller's Kit, will just need a light fold.....job done.
I'd do Mooros...........everyone else comes off the pitch,looking like they'd been mud wrestling...Sir Bob was ready
for a Photo Shoot.....Amazing.... :lol:

palerider

Post by palerider »

Yarmo's got the plague.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

As per Moyes conference, Antonio still have 2 days of training to do before he will make decision if he will come to Sheff Utd, hopefully at bench. Moyes always tried to keep secret of players if they are ready or not.

Since Moyes returned as Manager here, he has transformed Antonio to become a regular goal-scorer that West Ham has missed for so many years as Moyes has a very good mentality and recognition of players' ability of their strongest and weakness. Full credit to Moyes for his excellent contribution of transforming players to superstar.

Before Moyes fcame in November 2017, Declan Rice was a central defender and Antonio was RWB which wasn't strong point of those 2 but Rice was doing ok in central defence under Bilic.....The problem with Bilic, he is very weak on spotting player's contributions, same as Pellegrini as both manager only interested in big money players to solve out problems but this is not the case.

Moyes came and at training, he spotted weak area in defensive midfielder and he notice Rice has good passing ability as well as defensive ability and he put Rice in Defensive Midfielder and Rice felt more confortable, in protecting the back 4 and going forward. Moyes also know Antonio is not suitable as RB/RWB and put him up front winger and that was more comfortable.

Since the restart in June, Moyes has Haller injured and Moyes knows that Antonio is very quick on feet and open up defences so he employed him as striker as he did with Arnautovic. Since then Antonio felt more comfortable and banging goals. As Antonio was injured, Haller came and need games times to show his worth but seemed dis-interest. Hope Benrahma will be West Ham front man than Haller as Benrahma is similar to Antonio.

Moyes has now made our squad players more fitter, less injuries and seemed a lot better now. Hope to keep that going. Moyes brought in better coaches, fitness coaches and that seemed paid off, even at 3-0 down at tottenham, West Ham fought back to 3-3 and that was excellent showing that West Ham still have energy.

Hope it will be a good game this Sunday and hope our performance stay on top level, no matter what teams we play as there is no room for complacency and this season good chance to reach top 8 or 6 as big teams has lots of problems due to their too many games so that helped us a bit.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Hildreth_1101

Post by Hildreth_1101 »

I second Ibby, Moyes has done well getting the best out of our squad, new signings like Bowen and Soucek have helped immensely, a very hands-on manager who has a squad that at a core, believe in him and the coaching team and he has thus far done an excellent job so far.

But...time will always tell, seasons turn quickly, other teams adapt and get smarter, football is a short term game.

In regards to the match, Blades winless in 12, we've played very well lately and are in good form. Traditionally this is a fixture we will lose or scrape a blunt, scrappy, messy draw.

If we win then we really have turned the corner :lol: