Blunt C**ts v West Ham official match thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: Blunt C**ts v West Ham official match thread

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:49 pm
Clayton wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:56 pm

Sheffield Utd are there for the taking , we should be full of confidence , their confidence must be shot , Moyes needs to go for the throat ( though not sure he is capable , like when we were 3-0 up against Wolves on the 66 min and put on Noble/Haller on the 88 minute - against Leicester we were 2-0 up at half time 3-0 on the 83 minute and brought on Noble/Haller on the 88 minute ) . I do not want to see us go to Sheffield with the same tactics , sitting back letting them have all the possession and trying to hit them on the break , yes we need to be ruthless , if not we will lose it , and lose it embarrassingly .
You may well be right. Sheffield United are a poor side and on paper we should be more than capable of getting the 3 points. However we have become a very decent counter attacking side and performed credidably at Arsenal, Liverpool, Leicester and, apart from the first 20 minutes Spurs. We also gave a good account of ourselves against Manchester City. But those are clubs where we might possibly not espect to get anything from. And when we come up against teams we sometimes disparagingly call "relegation fodder" or make glib comments like "we should be beating the likes of (insert name here)" we often struggle. We were garbage against Newcastle and not a lot better against Fulham. The only game where we've played well against a team which likes to sit back and hit the opposition on the break was against Wolves.

Hopefully your confidence will prove to be justified. As you say we certainly should go into the game with the intention of going for the win. But Sheffield United won't press high, they won't commit large numbers of players forward and they will sit back and try to pick us off on the break. And that's the sort of opposition we struggle against. In an ideal world we'll score an early goal.
Don't get me wrong , I have all the faith in the world with the players we have , problem is Moyes has to get the system right for them to perform at their best . And I am not sure with the players he favours in the current system are able to perform as a unit with Haller up front , I am not footballing genius , but for me changes have to be made , so Moyes needs to be adaptable , even I know you cannot play the same system/tactics against every club ..

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:22 am And it’s whinge Pigeon molesters like this that get on my tits
https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/fo ... z-19294419

Come on West Ham stuff these Cunts
Kenny........"How the fuck did that happen".........Maybe just maybe.....you didn't get enough points in the "38"... Games
you Played...not fuckin rocket science...
And also maybe you should have had enough balls to beat bloody Wigan on the final day....we had the balls to fight
for it...maybe should learn something instead of the Blame Game shit...

They do make me laugh tho...thought we could whinge..... :lol:

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Clayton wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:11 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:49 pm

You may well be right. Sheffield United are a poor side and on paper we should be more than capable of getting the 3 points. However we have become a very decent counter attacking side and performed credidably at Arsenal, Liverpool, Leicester and, apart from the first 20 minutes Spurs. We also gave a good account of ourselves against Manchester City. But those are clubs where we might possibly not espect to get anything from. And when we come up against teams we sometimes disparagingly call "relegation fodder" or make glib comments like "we should be beating the likes of (insert name here)" we often struggle. We were garbage against Newcastle and not a lot better against Fulham. The only game where we've played well against a team which likes to sit back and hit the opposition on the break was against Wolves.

Hopefully your confidence will prove to be justified. As you say we certainly should go into the game with the intention of going for the win. But Sheffield United won't press high, they won't commit large numbers of players forward and they will sit back and try to pick us off on the break. And that's the sort of opposition we struggle against. In an ideal world we'll score an early goal.
Don't get me wrong , I have all the faith in the world with the players we have , problem is Moyes has to get the system right for them to perform at their best . And I am not sure with the players he favours in the current system are able to perform as a unit with Haller up front , I am not footballing genius , but for me changes have to be made , so Moyes needs to be adaptable , even I know you cannot play the same system/tactics against every club ..
Think we all agree we struggle with our fullbacks at times ...with the players we have and have signed over last few years
we've been crying out for a 3/5 at the back...Slav played it and would swap and change depending who we were playing,
not an easy thing to do,didn't quite nail it.
Peller won't/wouldn't play it...liked a really high line...get ball forward as quick as ..fuck the MF it appeared to me at times,
Sanchez and Jack in there a couple times...
Moyes has seen what suits us best with the Players we have...think while we're picking up points he'll stick with it...
Hallers screwing things up for him a bit...lacks Mickys pace/work rate.last chance saloon for him today I feel...

Bit of a ..if it aint broke,dont fix it thing at moment...hopefully when new year comes around and we're comfortable
in mid table,he'll mix it up a bit,that could be dependent on any incoming as well...we get a classy LB
might be a sign of what he intends,shame Ben J cant get game time at moment,might be the answer..

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:01 pm Image
Is it just me, or does he look like that special kid down the street that’s always got his sweatpants up around his armpits, drooling all over himself?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

I know this system/selection works with Antonio up front against certain teams , but why persevere with Haller up front when it doesn't work . Last time out against Fulham a team in the bottom three , we only just managed to beat and that was at home 1-0 and that was in extra time .
Today we are playing the bottom team in the league and using the same selection and more then likely same same tactics , we should still be good enough , but with our tactics I am not so sure .

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

mkhammer wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:06 pm
Clayton wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:11 am

Think we all agree we struggle with our fullbacks at times ...with the players we have and have signed over last few years
we've been crying out for a 3/5 at the back...Slav played it and would swap and change depending who we were playing,
not an easy thing to do,didn't quite nail it.
Peller won't/wouldn't play it...liked a really high line...get ball forward as quick as ..fuck the MF it appeared to me at times,
Sanchez and Jack in there a couple times...
Moyes has seen what suits us best with the Players we have...think while we're picking up points he'll stick with it...
Hallers screwing things up for him a bit...lacks Mickys pace/work rate.last chance saloon for him today I feel...

Bit of a ..if it aint broke,dont fix it thing at moment...hopefully when new year comes around and we're comfortable
in mid table,he'll mix it up a bit,that could be dependent on any incoming as well...we get a classy LB
might be a sign of what he intends,shame Ben J cant get game time at moment,might be the answer..
So why play Haller , Bowen could play as the striker and Benrahma on the wing/inside forward whatever the position is .

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Interesting game .

Not.
Bring back Jonathon !

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Fair play to the Blades, they are playing high pressure football.

We have to keep calm and the chance will come to catch them on the break.
Flairon

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

When Fornals did that dummy on the half way line - where was our 45M striker ? Funny goings on